Is character model update coming this year?

"
leto2626 wrote:

You obviously have never paid attention to the amount of boobage in the game, heck one boss has 4. Also the globe holders have been mainly non-mormon statues...

I don't quite like how the nudity is delivered in this game tbh. Also Atziri is gross and it's a shame because she's could be so much more. But they gave her teets and even put absurd nipple covers on her.

When I said I wanted some sexy outfits for the women, I didn't mean with their tits hanging out. I meant something classy. I get 99.99999% of men think ass hanging out = hot, so I understand the confusion. You can be sexy af and not even show cleavage.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Foxfirega wrote:
I'm torn. On the one hand, I would love the ability to choose gender

To me that mostly comes down to customizing your avatar. Isn't that why we have MTX to begin with? So you can make your chosen hero your own? Most asian games go as far as allowing customization of skin tone, hair and eye color, etc.

GGG should have made two hero models: male and female and then you pick one or the other and THEN select a class. They could have then made each model slightly different by which class you chose.

But they went for a story mode and wedged in these people and why they were there. I've always felt that restricted customization for very little. Nobody plays these games for a story and the game itself doesn't even lend to them. I beat Atziri with my Duelist, big deal. The only thing that changes is some dialogue, and again, with all that hassle, they could have devoted that effort into making the heroes more customizable.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Foxfirega wrote:

I'm curious. Why is this such a big selling point for you, specifically for just women in particular? You don't really seem to mention wanting any male models to have the same opportunity.

I can posit a theory as to why the art direction is what it is (and I support it 100%), but I'm hesitant to mention it in the event that it would change your answer. The observation problem, and all.

This could be a can-of-worms moment, but I'm actually really just curious in what the honest answer is. Scientific curiosity is so hard to explain and satisfy on the intarwebs. :/

It's not such a big selling point. Don't turn it into a "hey, if I don't get playboy models in Wraeclast, Ima riot!" I was just asking because all the armor is universal it would be nice to have something for the women (everything seems to be made for the men, or I guess as GGG thinks "unisex").

And it's because I'm a straight male. So I find women appealing. Aesthetically. And I like to look at pleasing things. There isn't anything sinister and I shouldn't want both women and men just because it's 2018. If you prefer men, by all means, write to GGG and ask them

I have nothing against the men being sexy, I just don't care either way. And in all honesty, I wouldn't be opposed to some bare chested Spartan style outfits on them.

GGG just sticks to this scheme that's really devoid of any kind of sex appeal... men and women.

Fair enough - thanks for induldging me here. I apologize for implying anything sinister and/or sexist on your part. Not enough coffee today to get the editorial department 100% on-board yet.

AFAIK, the armor is designed mostly unisex because... that's what good armor designed to keep you alive actually ends up looking like. Historically, outside of 'parade' ornamental pieces that weren't actually designed to be worn by people going actively into a hot-zone (men and women alike), most armor designed for men and women (one or both, doesn't tend to matter) follow very similar design trends and it can often-times be impossible to tell what the gender is of someone actually WEARING the armor (which is why the 'Sweet Polly Oliver' trope as it exists in fiction has been around as long as it has - it plays heavily on implied gender stereotypes for the cultures themselves and subverts them).

I've worn SCA and re-enactment gear that was designed mostly with the fact I'm short as bollocks and if I'd had my helmet on, you'd just think I was a very short man. Same with modern riot gear. When it's designed to keep you safe first and foremost, you tend to look like the same blocky shape no matter what.

I appreciate the attention towards some semblance of realistic armor DESIGN THEORY, if it's not often held up 100% in practice (because it's a fantasy setting - you're not gonna convince me, magic or not, that wearing MOLTEN HOT ARMOR spewing LAVA from it's joints is designed with my personal safety in mind).

Though there's an entire other discussion on combat ornamentation designed for intimidation/identification purposes, but those were usually designed AFTER the armor itself was maximised towards it's intended purpose of keeping you as close to 'not dead' as possible.
"
Foxfirega wrote:
"
Also, why is nothing sexy in Wraeclast???? It's a fictional universe. None of the items look good on the women. None. They are all made for the males and then shrunk down. We really can't have some sex appeal? Are the devs Mormons or something. What gives? Every other game, even in the same genre, all have so much nicer looking things! But in Wraeclast, everyone looks so damn miserable like ok you got exiled GET OVER IT!!!

I'm curious. Why is this such a big selling point for you, specifically for just women in particular? You don't really seem to mention wanting any male models to have the same opportunity.

I can posit a theory as to why the art direction is what it is (and I support it 100%), but I'm hesitant to mention it in the event that it would change your answer. The observation problem, and all.

This could be a can-of-worms moment, but I'm actually really just curious in what the honest answer is. Scientific curiosity is so hard to explain and satisfy on the intarwebs. :/

Because maybe just maybe, some of us actually like looking at pretty women? you know that thing which we evolved on? which allowed us to actually not go extinct?

Not everybody is like you who just fine with someone who is 500 pounds obese or a woman who talks like a truck driver. Some of us actually have this thing called standards.

Character models are designed absolutely disgusting in this game it is literally the worst there is, utterly embarrassing to the point where I almost gave up on playing templar because of how retarded he actually looks.

There is this thing called basic standards, where you actually put work or atleast SOME effort into creating a main 3D character, POE has none of that, it is lowest shittiest effort one can imagine, it looks like it's something out of 1998. Yet all the new stages since Act 4 have been a massive leap forward making the older stuff like character models look disgusting.

This is a fantasy game, one would atleast expect women to look like you know? actual women?

I did my part in purchasing a supporter pack with the hope that GGG would stop treating customers like dog shit and actually work on remaking all these main character models to something from this century.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 13, 2018, 9:35:34 PM
Yes.

/thread.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Found Scion's inspiration.

Seriously, the char modelas look pretty ugly, every one of them. Maybe the witch is a bit more bareable.

Doesn't stop me from playing them, but it would be nice to make them less eyesore.
Last edited by kiadaw on Jan 14, 2018, 9:29:51 AM
I play this game for the interaction of the skills/abilities vs. the rate at which monsters die/disintegrate/explode/stop hitting me...

That said, it WOULD be nice if the character models were easier on the eyes. Historically, if given the choice, I will choose my character class, then play with the female of that character, simply because I am hetero, and since this is a toon that I am going to be looking at for literally hours a day, I'd rather look at a woman than a man. Pretty basic.

The truly unfortunate thing with PoE is that neither the Witch nor the Scion appeal to me as a class, so I generally end up ignoring my character's look more or less. Slap a set of MTX on that I got from a Supporter pack that I bought for the stash points, and go...

Now, if say, there was Shadow Woman to play with, I might actually grab some MTX specifically to "dress her up"... but, as is... there is no impetus for me to buy ANY of the armour sets on their own merits, because I have no interest in "dressing up" a man.

I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
Are there rough previews?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 14, 2018, 1:38:03 PM
Yeah, after 5.5 years, I have given up on pants.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Finally found the right gear to skin transfer on Templar and its all ingame.

Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info