Is character model update coming this year?

"
kiadaw wrote:

Everything you said just shout fanboyism.
[...]
These can't be verify. Pure fanboyism.

No. It's called giving credit where credit is due. You really want to defend the statement that GGG treats their playerbase "like shit"?
Get real. They are doing a great job. Get out of the forum-whining-cycle and try looking at what other gamedevelopers do.

"
kiadaw wrote:

People don't care about character models! Where do you think the core of GGG earning came from? MTX armors effects! If players don't care how character looks, The servers probably already shut down due to lack of funds.

I didn't say they don't care about them. I said they don't care too much.
The MTX-Statement you made is completely made up and has no backup.
No one is saying that reworked character models would not be appriciated. I am saying that it is not a priority to most people.
They prefer that a majority of GGG's time goes into balancing, content creation and leagues/races/other events.

"
kiadaw wrote:

"Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do!"
Are you a character artist?
I am, its hard work, but not as extremely amount of work in terms of time, espeically for fairly low poly models (20-30k maybe) in games like poE.

That's an official statement by the actual devs working on it, ye. It's not only the art, it's the animations and everything that is connected to it.
If you want to doubt that it takes a lot of time, then please approach the devs and tell them that they are wrong and it's actually easy to fix.

Diversity and equality.

Good God. Everything this touches gets ruined. Ask the comic book industry. Live in corporate America for a while and feel its poisonous, entitled touch. Look at the current state of the film industry.

Keep it out of my video games, Brianna Wu!
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jan 16, 2018, 10:13:43 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

At what point in running-as-fast-as-funking-possible through every map, covered in MTX, surrounded in pets and sparkling herald effects while blowing up all the mobs with one button did you stop and say.. "Man, I wish this fuckin templar had pants on."?

I don't get it.

Its called a hideout, so I expect you to never get it.

You should go tell Riot to stop making cosmetics and stop making models with such awesome animations, since during team fights nobody notices cosmetics anyways. But then again Riot is successful because they didn't hire libtards who always seem to be against anything visually appealing.

The 500 pound obesity rings a bell again.

Entitled much? This entire thread is cancer. Get over yourself.
@ggg: what ever happens, please dont work the models into this sim-dating-fantasy some people spoken out for. thx and best wishes!
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
Player089 wrote:

"
kiadaw wrote:

"Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do!"
Are you a character artist?
I am, its hard work, but not as extremely amount of work in terms of time, espeically for fairly low poly models (20-30k maybe) in games like poE.

That's an official statement by the actual devs working on it, ye. It's not only the art, it's the animations and everything that is connected to it.
If you want to doubt that it takes a lot of time, then please approach the devs and tell them that they are wrong and it's actually easy to fix.

Yes, I will be extremely happy to approach the developers & see how they do things & exchange tips. ;)
Last edited by KiadawP on Jan 16, 2018, 11:40:18 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
But then again Riot is successful because they didn't hire libtards who always seem to be against anything visually appealing.

What in all the fucks are you on about here? Feel free to drop the useless political angle and just say what you mean. I'm trying to interpret it but all I get is 'Riot is successful because the devs make skimpy, hot female models.'

Which is...about as simplified as an argument regarding a game development studio's success can get.

I'll repeat: your topic asks, 'is [the] character model update coming this year?' and the answer is 'yes'.

Why is this thread still going? Did you want the answer to that or did you just want an excuse to whinge about the lack of big boobies and ladycurves in your PoEs?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I always love how whenever someone asks about updating character models to actually look like real females or males.

And you automatically get some triggered libtard come in here crying about how people want "boobs hanging out and bikini"

Even though NOBODY is talking about that.

This dishonest [Removed by Support] argument no longer works.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by Sam_GGG on Jan 16, 2018, 6:23:25 PM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
@ggg: what ever happens, please dont work the models into this sim-dating-fantasy some people spoken out for. thx and best wishes!

I don't see that happening. The models are in dire need of updating but that doesn't necessarily mean sexualising them. There are, design-wise, much bigger issues than that with the current models. The Shadow's posture, the Witch's ridiculously limp wrists, the Duelist's incredibly huge head, the Templar's long neck, the Scion's silly head tilt, the crappy skin tones, the moulded hair...It's not too big a stretch to say these are beta-level models that have no place in a completed game.

What I want to see is a closer alignment between the art and the models. Right now it's blatantly clear that the art came way after the models, which makes the game seem almost like it's engaging in false representation.

Either way, GGG have given us no reason to think they'll work the models into the sort of thing you'd see in a 'sim-dating-fantasy'. The 2D art might be far superior but it's still basically true to the original models' intentions. The Witch is unusually small-breasted; the Ranger is stocky and hale; the Shadow is almost emaciated. Only the Scion comes close to overt sexualisation but that's been the case from the start. I'd say it suits her personality well enough, although a lot of that has been removed with the switch to Dominus' introductions. At any rate, if her model is a little voluptuous I wouldn't say that's unexpected.

I figure the Templar will get pants although I'll miss the toga look. Now that they've fleshed out what other Templars looks like and what they wear, it doesn't really fit that this one apostate would suddenly go commando. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the classes didn't end up with more clothes somehow. The whole 'tossed overboard with nothing, and now you must fight to survive!' shtick hasn't really carried through to the current iteration of PoE.

All in all, I'm pretty eager to see what GGG come up with, but I think part of me will always remember the awkwardness of the PoE beta models a little fondly. Just a little mind you.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
^ I have to say you spoke well about this issue.

Not sure why liberals see the need to start crying about bikinis in every single argument even though nobody is talking about that. Anytime someone says to update the character model so templar doesn't have the idiotic narrow shoulders or long turtle neck or scion dumb head tilt, horrible body models that are clearly the same models from POE in Alpha stage, for whatever unknown reason a libtard just jumps out with this "NO sexual, bikini bla bla bla" arguement.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 16, 2018, 7:44:37 PM
This is beyond a joke now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info