Is character model update coming this year?

If there's one thing I don't love about PoE it's the character models. It'd be amazing to see the characters brought to their full potential. Hell, even some Npc models look better than player ones. I hate how clunky the running animations are . I'm not one of those people that want insane graphics but it's certainly a challenge to make your character look visually pleasing for your taste , it takes away from the seriousness of the game how funny run animations are above 160% speed. I really really hope they'll add the remodels soon. It will certainly be worth it. Also, keep the single gender classes PLEASE. Diablo 3 failed there and every character lost their personality by doing two genders.
"
TriniGamer wrote:

I did my part in purchasing a supporter pack with the hope that GGG would stop treating customers like dog shit and actually work on remaking all these main character models to something from this century.

GGG is treating their "customers" (you are not a customer) like dogshit because they don't work on a very specific part of the game that you in particular are interested in?
I would claim that most of the community does not care much about the character models. This is an ARPG, it's gameplay is the absolute core element of it. It's what defines it and it's what makes it unique, it's what keeps players busy and playing.
As such, content updates, balance updates, etc. are at the very top of the update-chain.

Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do. It requires insane amount of work. And they are indeed working on it, it will just take more time and is also not a priority.

There isn't a single game out that that receives as many updates as PoE and there is probably not even a handful of games out there where the dev's are as much hands-on as they are in GGG.
If you want anyone to take you serious then you should refrain from statements such as "GGG treats their "customers" as dogshit".
"
Player089 wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

I did my part in purchasing a supporter pack with the hope that GGG would stop treating customers like dog shit and actually work on remaking all these main character models to something from this century.

GGG is treating their "customers" (you are not a customer) like dogshit because they don't work on a very specific part of the game that you in particular are interested in?
I would claim that most of the community does not care much about the character models. This is an ARPG, it's gameplay is the absolute core element of it. It's what defines it and it's what makes it unique, it's what keeps players busy and playing.
As such, content updates, balance updates, etc. are at the very top of the update-chain.

Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do. It requires insane amount of work. And they are indeed working on it, it will just take more time and is also not a priority.

There isn't a single game out that that receives as many updates as PoE and there is probably not even a handful of games out there where the dev's are as much hands-on as they are in GGG.
If you want anyone to take you serious then you should refrain from statements such as "GGG treats their "customers" as dogshit".

Everything you said just shout fanboyism.

People don't care about character models! Where do you think the core of GGG earning came from? MTX armors effects! If players don't care how character looks, The servers probably already shut down due to lack of funds.

"Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do!"
Are you a character artist?
I am, its hard work, but not as extremely amount of work in terms of time, espeically for fairly low poly models (20-30k maybe) in games like poE.

Most characters are done using modification from exist 3D models, make naked model, make basic outfit are not too much work with the tools today like Zbrush & substance painter. Then all need is to transfer the skeleton rig & do skin weighting, then some polishing.

"There isn't a single game out that that receives as many updates as PoE and there is probably not even a handful of games out there where the dev's are as much hands-on as they are in GGG"
These can't be verify. Pure fanboyism.

"
kiadaw wrote:
"
Player089 wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Everything you said just shout fanboyism.

People don't care about character models! Where do you think the core of GGG earning came from? MTX armors effects! If players don't care how character looks, The servers probably already shut down due to lack of funds.

"Reworking the character models is extremly resource-heavy to do!"
Are you a character artist?
I am, its hard work, but not as extremely amount of work in terms of time, espeically for fairly low poly models (20-30k maybe) in games like poE.

Most characters are done using modification from exist 3D models, make naked model, make basic outfit are not too much work with the tools today like Zbrush & substance painter. Then all need is to transfer the skeleton rig & do skin weighting, then some polishing.

"There isn't a single game out that that receives as many updates as PoE and there is probably not even a handful of games out there where the dev's are as much hands-on as they are in GGG"
These can't be verify. Pure fanboyism.

Not really, they come from stash tabs. It is barely possible to see anime style Armour effects in end game map scenarios much less character models.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Also Gender classes would be great for diversity as I believe in equality.

LOL.. I hope this was meant to be a funny.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
Like a Female Duelist and male witch etc

A male witch, do we call him a warlock then? Sounds complicated.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
The character models look absolutely disgusting and nasty in this game,

At what point in running-as-fast-as-funking-possible through every map, covered in MTX, surrounded in pets and sparkling herald effects while blowing up all the mobs with one button did you stop and say.. "Man, I wish this fuckin templar had pants on."?

I don't get it.
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Because maybe just maybe, some of us actually like looking at pretty women?

You do know it's a game, right?

"
TriniGamer wrote:

Not everybody is like you who just fine with someone who is 500 pounds obese or a woman who talks like a truck driver. Some of us actually have this thing called standards.

That's assuming an awful lot for someone who is fighting the good fight for equality.

"
TriniGamer wrote:

Character models are designed absolutely disgusting in this game it is literally the worst there is

The worst? Eh.

Spoiler
To each their own I guess?

"
TriniGamer wrote:

This is a fantasy game, one would atleast expect women to look like you know? actual women?

It's just a game. You just want them to look like real women. Heard that.
"
Also, why is nothing sexy in Wraeclast???? It's a fictional universe. None of the items look good on the women. None. They are all made for the males and then shrunk down. We really can't have some sex appeal? Are the devs Mormons or something. What gives? Every other game, even in the same genre, all have so much nicer looking things! But in Wraeclast, everyone looks so damn miserable like ok you got exiled GET OVER IT!!!

Yeah. When my witch wears MTXs she just looks like a man. Feel bad for her.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Not really, they come from stash tabs. It is barely possible to see anime style Armour effects in end game map scenarios much less character models.

This has to be the biggest lie of 2018.

What on earth do you think is the point of Support Packs if sales come from stash tabs?

Also the reason there are sales on stash tabs is because it does not sell, any retard with half a brain knows this. when a product is selling well, there is zero need for a discounted sale.

A discounted sale happens because the item isn't selling. This is why PlayerUnknown Battleground has yet to have a Steam sale. Must be the only game in existence that has gone on that long and passed through Christmas and still no sale. It is also one of the best selling games of all time.

Cosmetics is what keeps this game alive this is the whole reason GGG puts so much time into making cosmetics.

The problem is the character models and animation are absolute dog shit mix with a hint of pig shit.

I play league of legends and heroes of newerth, cosmetics are what keeps those games alive and nobody notices the character models during team fights, so what on earth is your point? just because you do not see the character model during team fight somehow that makes cosmetics irrelevant?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 15, 2018, 7:54:20 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Also the reason there are sales on stash tabs is because it does not sell, any retard with half a brain knows this. when a product is selling well, there is zero need for a discounted sale.

Did I hit a nerve?

Please tell us GGG's sales figure separated by MTX category (stash tabs vs cosmetic armour effects).
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
frenzul wrote:

At what point in running-as-fast-as-funking-possible through every map, covered in MTX, surrounded in pets and sparkling herald effects while blowing up all the mobs with one button did you stop and say.. "Man, I wish this fuckin templar had pants on."?

I don't get it.

Its called a hideout, so I expect you to never get it.

You should go tell Riot to stop making cosmetics and stop making models with such awesome animations, since during team fights nobody notices cosmetics anyways. But then again Riot is successful because they didn't hire libtards who always seem to be against anything visually appealing.

The 500 pound obesity rings a bell again.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 15, 2018, 7:59:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info