Stories from Development: The Map System

"
Chris0au wrote:
everyone bitching about map drops are doing something seriously wrong. haven't had a single issue. you're probably just spoiled by recent leagues like harbinger and legacy, if you know your shit then keeping up a map pool is easy, and has been since ascendancies and sextants were released.

I'm sustaining T13s without chisels/sextants just alch and go, with so many extra I'm selling off mass amounts of T11-T15s just to clean out stash space. honestly maps drop like candy up to T11 I have no clue how people are complaining about running out unless they they they should be able to sustain white, uncrafted T16s

Maps below T12 are just insanely common.

Yes I did have to buy a couple of maps that would just not drop like T4 lighthouse and I'm still missing T9 Tower, but overall I've never had to drop down a tier with just alching maps.
Last edited by MangoBaron on Jan 11, 2018, 11:07:18 PM
I dare say you havnt accomplished any of your goals you set out to within this blog. We still play through difficulties (map tiers are simply difficulties under a new name) and we still shape the best layout maps and run those thousands of times. All that work and you are exactly where you started.
Loved MoC and I really enjoy the map system, but I am never ready for the second resistance drop right before going into maps.

I feel like one should almost skip the 2nd fight that causes this and farm early map tier's says one and two if that is even possible. It'd certain be easier if it were possible... I think in order to do that you'd need to unlock Zana at least once or go through the chore of using one of the earlier map devices.

Idk GGG, endgame feels okay so far and we can still get lucky and land the maelstrom map.

Edit: Oh and IDK if the bisco's for map sustain is troll or not but I've been pulling 1-4 maps per run wearing one.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Jan 11, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

But the game (not GGG as a company, here I'm discussing the role-playing game) does have a core philosophy of incrementally becoming more and more difficult, more and more obtuse, more and more unwieldy, and then more and more discriminatory in who sees the end-game.

Wow. I mean I don't mean to troll, but are you actually so bad at the game that you can't get to the end game? It's complicated, sure. It's certainly difficult. But you seem to be implying that "third way" is the only way to get there, and it definitely isn't. It certainly *helps* to put a little money into stash tabs, including public stash tabs to set up your own store. I see that isn't something you've tried, but you can see I haven't exactly broken the bank either, and I'm not hitting any kind of wall.

It's really hard not to look at such a screed of whiny self-pitying and not simply reply "git gud."
"
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

But the game (not GGG as a company, here I'm discussing the role-playing game) does have a core philosophy of incrementally becoming more and more difficult, more and more obtuse, more and more unwieldy, and then more and more discriminatory in who sees the end-game.

Wow. I mean I don't mean to troll, but are you actually so bad at the game that you can't get to the end game? It's complicated, sure. It's certainly difficult. But you seem to be implying that "third way" is the only way to get there, and it definitely isn't. It certainly *helps* to put a little money into stash tabs, including public stash tabs to set up your own store. I see that isn't something you've tried, but you can see I haven't exactly broken the bank either, and I'm not hitting any kind of wall.

It's really hard not to look at such a screed of whiny self-pitying and not simply reply "git gud."

You can buy shop points without getting a supporter title. Also, supporter titles are voluntary. I have premium tabs and 1 supporter pack, but I don't think there is anyway for you to tell just by looking at my profile.

Unless he has said that he hasn't spent any money on the game, there is no way for us to know that I can tell.
Last edited by sithren on Jan 11, 2018, 11:59:26 PM
to long didnt read it
"
MiniMinhMo wrote:
Obtaining maps this time around is a lot more difficult compared to last League. I hope this can be improved for the future.

Actually, obtaining maps last league was way easier than any other league. As much as most people hated Harbinger, the two things it did well: easy map progression (Harbinger/Horizon Orbs) and fast endgame leveling (Beachhead).

Obtaining maps is actually already easier than in older leagues except for Harbinger, due to the Atlas having more nodes than ever and packsize being baked into every mod.
Well interesting read for sure, Some say they have a hard time getting maps, some say they don't( mostly the rich folk who have a lot of currency) but for some of us it is harder. I have never fought shaper or elder , only ever got one toon to 85 and highest tier map i ever got too was T13 I find some of the boss encounters really stupidly overpowerd. Im sure that gets a laugh out of the sadistic devs there at GGG this game lacks any kind of general balance so people get discouraged to try any further. I want to play the game to have fun not jump through hoops to fill my coffers.

This league is the first time that I played SSF and i am having fun doing so. But in the end this game is just like Diablo 3 with their rifts its the same shit over and over and over ...same levels same rooms same bosses. How hard would it be for GGG to get off their asses and actually make something like new bosses new tilesets etc. All the sameness gets boring. Get some fresh eyes there and make something NEW for a change.

just my 2 cents .. now i'm going back to grinding more maps of the same tilesets with the same bosses being completely bored off my ass cause I have nothing else to do at 1 am in the morning.

peace out GGG
I'm a map. I'm a map. I'm a map.I'm a map.
Merciless Fellshrine grind 4 life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info