Sucking the fun out of the game..

Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Why are items being sold for absurd amounts of currency? A lot of people are so focused on squeezing every "penny" out of an item, pricing it with decimals even.. (Example: 1.2 Exalted orbs) Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos? Good for you, bro!

I play to have fun and relax, not to become "rich" by exploiting others. People should want to buy an item to make a fun build, key word - "fun". Thanks for denying it to us, item flippers.. I think the majority of people playing are not streamers and have a daytime job, thus grinding is not an option for them. I can barely find a few exalts each league (if lucky).

Most of the items I sell are not even priced. If someone needs it, whatever they offer, I accept. I even trade stuff for other items (non-currency) - I believe this was the intended result GGG had in mind.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of people doing so are not even re-investing this currency within the game. There is no value added to their trade. At the end of the league, they have tremendous amounts of currency on them, that they simply will never use. There is no achievement or benefit to be gained from doing so.

I do understand the fact that if something is very rare, it has an implicit value (same as crypto-currencies), but guys, this is JUST a game, you gain nothing.

I am not addressing this to people that are selling items in order to get currency for a new build - that is called "being normal", but if you are doing this just to be "rich", you are not getting the point at all.

I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

Cheers
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2018, 8:03:30 PM
You trade in a free market. Your choice. People are willing to pay more than you are for something. Their choice. Who is a seller going to sell to? His choice.

Your rant is meaningless.

If you really believe what you say... stop trading. If it's a game and all about fun and you don't like the way people trade-----stop trading.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 11, 2018, 12:25:58 PM
"
CixDmg wrote:
I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

You lost me well before this, but the bottom line here is I see a rant from someone who cannot stand the idea that peoples' opinions differ from their own.

Until you grow out of that, you're just not going to win at this whole "having fun and relaxing" thing, my dude.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You trade in a free market. Your choice. People are willing to pay more than you are for something. Their choice. Who is a seller going to sell to? His choice.

Your rant is meaningless.

If you really believe what you say... stop trading. If it's a game and all about fun and you don't like the way people trade-----stop trading.

tbh no rant is meaningless xD maybe to you but for him it clearly isn't :P

i always list my items cheaper than the rest and when people ask if 80% of the cost is enough i mostly say yes because i love fast money and hate waiting for shit to sell:')

then again been playing ssf this league because trading is fucked anyways so no stress with that xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I price in decimals , if lets say i have an item that has a base with a variance of 20-30 on a major stat ( this is just an example it could be any number any stat ) now lets say the low rolls are 1 EX at 20 , and 3 EX at 30 , im not going to post my 27 roll at 2 im going to post it at around 2.7EX .

Anyhow it does not matter and you would probably do well to remember different people enjoy different aspects of games and your angry rant wont change that .
"
CixDmg wrote:
Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Regardless of my views on your rant, or trade in general, this is ... the bracketing of your statements makes it absolutely clear that you have decided you are right, and that there is "something wrong" with anyone who disagrees with you.

That isn't a good strategy for debate, and if you want a personal rant, you should perhaps try something like a personal blog or something. There you are likely to get friends who will just pat you on the head, nod, and say "we understand".

Here, among the "something wrong with us" crowd, you burned whatever sympathy you thought you might get.
Ye, the economy is cancerous

Just make any item freely available

Its gonna save us some Chromosomes
The decimal is just a product of the currency they listed the item for sale under. If they chose a more exacting currency, like chaos or alchemy then that would do away with that pesky decimal.

You may find that the person who listed something for 1.2ex might actually accept 1ex just to make it simple; or not. That 0.2 exalts to one person is a whole lot, while to another person it's pennies.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jan 11, 2018, 1:36:00 PM
Currency is just a scoring system for the game. Some guys want to get the high score each time and they don't care about ensuring that everyone else has fun or not. I don't mind it because I don't feel entitled to getting every item that looks cool on the trade site.

You complain about high prices but lots of times there are really great items being sold for cheap. I bought a one of a kind magic six link staff that is perfect for my build. It only cost like 6 chaos. There are good and bad deals in poe trade just as everywhere.
I sounds like OP is sick of not being able to afford his builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info