Sucking the fun out of the game..

"
Completed 19 ChallengesNephalim wrote:
"
Completed 18 ChallengesZac89 wrote:
Look fellas, one of those poors we're always hearing about (laughs in exalts).

I found this hilarious. I'm going to start saying that people try to haggle on items with fixed prices.

Feel free haha

"
"

The rich will for a short time enjoy what they have, but for a long time pay the price in Hades. Was it worth it for cost of your soul?

I'm here for a good time, not a long time, so what ever happens after is moot as far as I'm concerned lol
Its not 1,2ex price that is a fuckin problem.

Its the

50chaos for 100regrets
or 100chaos for xxxx vaal orbs..

What If i want to trade just fucking 5 orbs.. I dont have bajilion of orbs to trade.
You cant even convert 20 or 30chromes to get chaoses. Everyone is in hundreds or thousands.
Crafter of GODLY ES CHEST 1011 ES 50int 6L Dual Res *before eternals and masters existed* /view-thread/257102
Chaos orbs are more common than regrets/vaals though which is good for you.
"

This got me good.
"
CixDmg wrote:
Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Why are items being sold for absurd amounts of currency? A lot of people are so focused on squeezing every "penny" out of an item, pricing it with decimals even.. (Example: 1.2 Exalted orbs) Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos? Good for you, bro!

I play to have fun and relax, not to become "rich" by exploiting others. People should want to buy an item to make a fun build, key word - "fun". Thanks for denying it to us, item flippers.. I think the majority of people playing are not streamers and have a daytime job, thus grinding is not an option for them. I can barely find a few exalts each league (if lucky).

Most of the items I sell are not even priced. If someone needs it, whatever they offer, I accept. I even trade stuff for other items (non-currency) - I believe this was the intended result GGG had in mind.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of people doing so are not even re-investing this currency within the game. There is no value added to their trade. At the end of the league, they have tremendous amounts of currency on them, that they simply will never use. There is no achievement or benefit to be gained from doing so.

I do understand the fact that if something is very rare, it has an implicit value (same as crypto-currencies), but guys, this is JUST a game, you gain nothing.

I am not addressing this to people that are selling items in order to get currency for a new build - that is called "being normal", but if you are doing this just to be "rich", you are not getting the point at all.

I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

Cheers

.3 of a exalt is 30 chaos. I'm sorry if you think that's nothing. And I don't understand why you find that to be"exploiting".

I say this as a player very far from rich. I've only made about 40 exalt this league. I don't flip, I don't rip off, I don't "exploit".
Lmao hope you are trolling, welcome to PoE
"
CixDmg wrote:
Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Why are items being sold for absurd amounts of currency? A lot of people are so focused on squeezing every "penny" out of an item, pricing it with decimals even.. (Example: 1.2 Exalted orbs) Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos? Good for you, bro!

I play to have fun and relax, not to become "rich" by exploiting others. People should want to buy an item to make a fun build, key word - "fun". Thanks for denying it to us, item flippers.. I think the majority of people playing are not streamers and have a daytime job, thus grinding is not an option for them. I can barely find a few exalts each league (if lucky).

Most of the items I sell are not even priced. If someone needs it, whatever they offer, I accept. I even trade stuff for other items (non-currency) - I believe this was the intended result GGG had in mind.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of people doing so are not even re-investing this currency within the game. There is no value added to their trade. At the end of the league, they have tremendous amounts of currency on them, that they simply will never use. There is no achievement or benefit to be gained from doing so.

I do understand the fact that if something is very rare, it has an implicit value (same as crypto-currencies), but guys, this is JUST a game, you gain nothing.

I am not addressing this to people that are selling items in order to get currency for a new build - that is called "being normal", but if you are doing this just to be "rich", you are not getting the point at all.

I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

Cheers

If you're not pricing your items you're not selling much unless GG/one-of-a-kind because no one scrolls down the list at unpriced items.

As far as getting rich some builds cost a lot and min maxing costs a lot so money is useful.
Compact power - MX-5 and slk300 owner.
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 13, 2018 3:08:04 PM
I love how you guys TOTALLY miss what the OP is talking about. I will give you an example. Lately I've been browsing rings with added physical damage. I typed exact values of phys and life and searched.
Mind you, even though I started in Perandus and played a lot, I just didn't know the "pricing" so I'd probably put such exact ring for 3-4c.
But browsing the poe search, I see prices so similar it's not even funny. 25,25,25,26,27 c. It's not even funny.
There OUGHT to be TONS of players who never played melee (or at least non-crit melee) and thus priced such rings for 3-4c. NOPE.
Some guys "tidied" all the cheap items and put them at 25c price tag.
If the item was dropped more than several hours ago, consider the normal price gone and be prepared to pay the extra to fucking flipper.

This is what's the OP talking about.
[Removed by Support]
I remember the times when a friggin Rat's nest was priced for 8 exalts. No enchants no nothing - 8 exalts for a unique item which you can buy for a couple of chaos orbs nowadays, this is why I find complaints about high prices so funny.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jan 13, 2018 8:03:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info