Sucking the fun out of the game..

"
mustash wrote:
I sounds like OP is sick of not being able to afford his builds.

It sounds like OP needs to find some less expensive builds to run.

I have never felt that I needed a piece of equipment that cost more than 1ex for any single build. Actually, I've never felt that I needed more than 1ex worth of total equipment for any build. I've spent many exalts on some of my builds but 90% of currency spent was on upgrades. Luxury items. Special stuff to make me feel like I went the extra mile.

All content can be done on 50c worth of equipment and on nothing more than a 5-link.

OP is complaining he's thirsty because there's not enough champagne to drink when there's a water fountain right next to him.
OP is complaining that there isn't enough perfume but there is a mountain breeze blowing gently over the horizon.
It sounds like you got butthurt because a trader wouldnt negotiate with you.

If he was a dick to you, without good reason, than im sorry for that..

If you really want something somebody is selling, just have the currency ready for them. If currency "doesnt matter by the end of the league" , than how about you overpay for it?

Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on Jan 11, 2018, 4:05:20 PM
Not sure how "I don't like placing prices with decimal" and "my dick is bigger than your" have anything in common but okay.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
CixDmg wrote:
Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos?

it's all about the listing in poe.trade which has it's own chaos/exalt conversion which is updated in large intervals only.

if you eventually want to buy the items, the personal exchange rate of the seller applies. but of course you can negotiate
You know there are a lot of people that play this game to see how much money they get by the end of a league.

There even guilds of player who enjoy the economy more than the game itself and try to set goals like let's get 20 mirrors by leagues end (maybe even higher).

You're thinking small potatoes my friend.
"
CixDmg wrote:
Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Why are items being sold for absurd amounts of currency? A lot of people are so focused on squeezing every "penny" out of an item, pricing it with decimals even.. (Example: 1.2 Exalted orbs) Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos? Good for you, bro!

I play to have fun and relax, not to become "rich" by exploiting others. People should want to buy an item to make a fun build, key word - "fun". Thanks for denying it to us, item flippers.. I think the majority of people playing are not streamers and have a daytime job, thus grinding is not an option for them. I can barely find a few exalts each league (if lucky).

Most of the items I sell are not even priced. If someone needs it, whatever they offer, I accept. I even trade stuff for other items (non-currency) - I believe this was the intended result GGG had in mind.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of people doing so are not even re-investing this currency within the game. There is no value added to their trade. At the end of the league, they have tremendous amounts of currency on them, that they simply will never use. There is no achievement or benefit to be gained from doing so.

I do understand the fact that if something is very rare, it has an implicit value (same as crypto-currencies), but guys, this is JUST a game, you gain nothing.

I am not addressing this to people that are selling items in order to get currency for a new build - that is called "being normal", but if you are doing this just to be "rich", you are not getting the point at all.

I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

Cheers

There's nothing wrong with your rant, if your your just looking into "buyer's perspective". Of course, as a buyer who is low in resources & badly needed something will search for a bargain & save every drop.

But look & understand the "seller's perspective". If you are a seller who made every effort to acquire that item. You want to maximize you're gain in return to make your effort worthwhile.
That's why it's called Trading & not charity.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
CixDmg wrote:
Personal frustration/rant incoming.

Why are items being sold for absurd amounts of currency? A lot of people are so focused on squeezing every "penny" out of an item, pricing it with decimals even.. (Example: 1.2 Exalted orbs) Why do this? What do you gain? .2 Exalted orbs converted in Chaos? Good for you, bro!

I play to have fun and relax, not to become "rich" by exploiting others. People should want to buy an item to make a fun build, key word - "fun". Thanks for denying it to us, item flippers.. I think the majority of people playing are not streamers and have a daytime job, thus grinding is not an option for them. I can barely find a few exalts each league (if lucky).

Most of the items I sell are not even priced. If someone needs it, whatever they offer, I accept. I even trade stuff for other items (non-currency) - I believe this was the intended result GGG had in mind.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of people doing so are not even re-investing this currency within the game. There is no value added to their trade. At the end of the league, they have tremendous amounts of currency on them, that they simply will never use. There is no achievement or benefit to be gained from doing so.

I do understand the fact that if something is very rare, it has an implicit value (same as crypto-currencies), but guys, this is JUST a game, you gain nothing.

I am not addressing this to people that are selling items in order to get currency for a new build - that is called "being normal", but if you are doing this just to be "rich", you are not getting the point at all.

I hope more people feel the same way about this. If not, then there's something definitely wrong with the community.

Cheers

What?, im not crazy!!!!!, its the WHOLE WORLD THATS CRAZY, fucking moron
Money is everything in this game.

Except SSF well you're fucked in SSF.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Try playing SSF, you might honestly like it.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info