Most underrated Item?

"
tramshed wrote:

This consistently gets overshadowed by Atziri's Disfavour, when it reality it is an excellent endgame weapon that offers great utility in the corpse removal, and some survivability.

That looks really good. Easier to get than Disfavour, too?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Perq wrote:
"
sainthazard wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Does this work with righteous fire?

No. RF, on both ends, is a DoT. DoTs do not hit, and therefore do not cause ailments.

You're also not ignited by RF's degen, even though dousing flasks turn RF off.

To OP: keep in mind that you still have to hit the enemy to "transfer" your ailments. If you're frozen, you cannot cast spells/use attacks until you unfreeze. So it wouldn't work quite as well as you think. If you could cast while frozen, it would.

All you need is glove enchant. That way if anything hits you, you are automatically unfrozen.
That said, this only works for elemental ailments, which bleed and poisoned are not.

Maybe not anymore, but pre-Elder/Shaper mods this thing has potential to have more block than any other shield, while still being a weapon, meaning you get these juicy dual wield bonuses.

You beat me to it. Definitely Advancing Fortress in my mind.
"
starsg wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Im going with this shield. 2c. Even if your frozen after hitting a box, just cast and your no longer frozen, they are. Works with all elemental ailgments. Dots are cleared by an attk.

"Shared suffering" is amazing

So basically, you can only transfer ignite, shock and chilled.

but the question can u transfer freeze?

cos it qoute "All damage from hits",

so it means you dont have to be the one that inflict the hits?
(eg minions,trap,totem,heralds?)

You can also transfer Freeze by using "You cannot be slowed to below base speed" mod as it allows you to attack and cast for the duration of freeze.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"
starsg wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Im going with this shield. 2c. Even if your frozen after hitting a box, just cast and your no longer frozen, they are. Works with all elemental ailgments. Dots are cleared by an attk.

"Shared suffering" is amazing

So basically, you can only transfer ignite, shock and chilled.

but the question can u transfer freeze?

cos it qoute "All damage from hits",

so it means you dont have to be the one that inflict the hits?
(eg minions,trap,totem,heralds?)

You can also transfer Freeze by using "You cannot be slowed to below base speed" mod as it allows you to attack and cast for the duration of freeze.

You could also use a cast on damage taken with a frost bomb or other cold spell. But i dont think its needed. Ive went from 75 to 81 using this shield without a freeze potion, havent been frozen.

I convert 90% to cold damage so cant tell if the transfer freeze works, im pretty sure it does though. Elemental ailments are Ignite, Chill, Freeze and Lightning. Poison and bleed are ailments but not elelmental.

I use molten shell and tempest shield with my cast on damage taken. Both do cold damage, maybe thats why. With abyss gems you can easily find a little bit of cold, there is no threshhold, just have to hit with the element

Finally found a strong box with freeze and frost nova. I wasnt frozen when i opened (no cwdt proc), but i was by the frost nova but unable to break on cast
Last edited by Chadwixx on Jan 13, 2018, 2:04:48 AM
"
ChesterSam wrote:

Its nice, high armour some life and the ele shield is kinda fun.
Best thing is you can get lvl 28 gems or even lvl 30 wiht a + 1 corruption.

My necro always had problems getting some base armour, now im using Molten Shell + Empower with this Shield, together with the Molten Shell 150% Buff effect entchantment it gives me 5000 base armour and my Stone Golem now gives 150 life regen, so thats cool i guess.

I use this one as well. The bubble is amazing (also looks great), you can see how much phy damage abyss does with it. My desecrate is lvl 100 with a 19gem.

for wanders. just 15% behind of mirrored legacy amulets DPSwise. +1 curse and culling strike makes it almost equal even.

you don't need that corruption of course. It's just cherry on top.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 13, 2018, 5:59:44 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

for wanders. just 15% behind of mirrored legacy amulets DPSwise. +1 curse and culling strike makes it almost equal even.

Huge problem is 40% LESS critical chance. Big drawback.
"
Phrazz wrote:

I think this is pretty underrated. With high cold res from other sources, it gives you a lot of evasion. Even tho it has "bad" (compared to a good rare) life and no resistances, it gives you free Arctic Armor and free 30% spell dodge. Not OP. Not BiS. But very underrated.

Heck yes. This is the one I was going to post about. In current version of game Evasion is OP compared to Armour because you don't have to stack it to see benefits against high-level enemies. Then like you mentioned spell dodge and Arctic Armour. That spell dodge is amazing because you don't have to skip out on Armour (I know, almost contradicting myself here), Energy Shield, or Block to make use of it. It comes in very handy against spell-spam crowds (mostly the big ribbons... grrr augmented fireballs) - 43% more EHP vs spell hit DPS is no laughing matter.

"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

Yeah, I was surprised to see that posted here. Are wanders seriously getting 158.3% uncapped crit chance???
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

Yeah, I was surprised to see that posted here. Are wanders seriously getting 158.3% uncapped crit chance???

Wands can have some crazy base crit chances, I can definitely see it being possible.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
i think most of the items are underrated, we need more Builds for those Items ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info