Most underrated Item?

Im going with this shield. 2c. Even if your frozen after hitting a box, just cast and your no longer frozen, they are. Works with all elemental ailgments. Dots are cleared by an attk.

"Shared suffering" is amazing

Last bumped on Jan 30, 2018, 12:21:36 PM
Does this work with righteous fire?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Does this work with righteous fire?

No. RF, on both ends, is a DoT. DoTs do not hit, and therefore do not cause ailments.

You're also not ignited by RF's degen, even though dousing flasks turn RF off.

To OP: keep in mind that you still have to hit the enemy to "transfer" your ailments. If you're frozen, you cannot cast spells/use attacks until you unfreeze. So it wouldn't work quite as well as you think. If you could cast while frozen, it would.
Last edited by sainthazard on Jan 11, 2018, 1:44:42 PM
If it did, it would cancel your RF, much like a remove ignite potion does.
"
FatherTork wrote:
If it did, it would cancel your RF, much like a remove ignite potion does.

But still wouldn't ignite the enemy, since "remove burning" effects turn off RF, but there's still no ignite ailment to "transfer" over.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
-Snip-

Dots are cleared by an attk.

-Snip-

What do you mean by "Dots are cleared by an attack"??

I can't imagine this clears corrupted blood, poison, bleeds, etc as they are not elemental ailments.

The only damage over time this would remove from how I understand it would be ignite. What am I missing?
"
Nubatron wrote:
What do you mean by "Dots are cleared by an attack"??

I can't imagine this clears corrupted blood, poison, bleeds, etc as they are not elemental ailments.

The only damage over time this would remove from how I understand it would be ignite. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything, OP's understanding of how this item works is flawed at best.

It only "transfers" elemental ailments, and the only elemental ailment that causes damage over time is ignite.

This item is not nearly as good as OP thinks it is.
^I think it also transfers bleed and poison, but haven't tested it myself.

The thing with RF is that it is a "burning damage over time" so it cannot be removed by ignite removal sources.
A "dousing" flask specifically states "removes burning on use", it's this line that disables RF on those builds.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : you sure it only apply's to "elemental ailments", would be sort of "non-thematic", bleed and poison invoke the most "suffering" imo.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 11, 2018, 2:27:07 PM
"
Boem wrote:

edit : you sure it only apply's to "elemental ailments", would be sort of "non-thematic", bleed and poison invoke the most "suffering" imo.

According to the wiki it is so. But I agree with you.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

I think this is pretty underrated. With high cold res from other sources, it gives you a lot of evasion. Even tho it has "bad" (compared to a good rare) life and no resistances, it gives you free Arctic Armor and free 30% spell dodge. Not OP. Not BiS. But very underrated.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 11, 2018, 2:43:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info