[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Updated for 3.6 some reason Slayer ascendancy got some changes for... reasons? Who knows!

Major changes are in the 3.6 Changes spoiler in main post.

I will have to see how the new leech system is but other than that damage basically remains the same.

From the Manifesto:
There are plenty of other changes on our hit list for the future. Attacks need the same level of attention (if not more) that spells are getting in 3.6.0, as well as changes to Abyss Jewels and Physical Weapon Damage, but we'll be spacing these changes over 3.7.0 and beyond to make sure they get the time and attention they deserve.

The waiting still continues PepeHands heh
The slayer ascendancy did not get changed.

"
Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching. Now grants 30% increased area of Effect if you've Killed Recently (up from 20%). Now also grants 50% reduced Maximum Recovery per Life Leech.

This is a change for the Sion Ascendant slayer node not the the duelist slayer ascendancy.
"
xbanx17 wrote:

"
Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching. Now grants 30% increased area of Effect if you've Killed Recently (up from 20%). Now also grants 50% reduced Maximum Recovery per Life Leech.

This is a change for the Sion Ascendant slayer node not the the duelist slayer ascendancy.

An this is why it's important not to skim read things! Thanks for catching that ha. Big oof on my part.

Fixed ;)

On the flip side, RIP Ascendant Slayer.
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 7, 2019, 9:13:58 AM
"
Muirey wrote:
"
xbanx17 wrote:

"
Ascendant - Slayer

An this is why it's important not to skim read things! Thanks for catching that ha. Big oof on my part.

Fixed ;)

On the flip side, RIP Ascendant Slayer.

Yeh big RIP Sion slayer. saw that part in the 3.6 changed and just wanted to inform you it was not a slayer change i saw it and thought it was a slayer change to till i looked at the 3.6 vs 3.5 skill tree web site hope it helps to improve your build ;).
"
xbanx17 wrote:
Yeh big RIP Sion slayer. saw that part in the 3.6 changed and just wanted to inform you it was not a slayer change i saw it and thought it was a slayer change to till i looked at the 3.6 vs 3.5 skill tree web site hope it helps to improve your build ;).

Nothing to improve except me reading things fully! Glad someone caught it though AND glad it wasn't actually slayer ascendancy. Was real confused why they would randomly dump on Slayer like that but dumping on ascendant slayer kinda makes sense. Wasn't super good so I don't think it needed the change but not my game heh.
First... thanks for the guide, totally going to main it this season! I will 100% let you know how it goes.

In a few places you mention that enemies will freeze and shatter, but I watch your video and never actually see them freeze. My buddy runs a CoC Ice Nova build that I can visually see them frozen to the point he has to stop dps so the boss will do it's animation and progress the fight. Do enemies actually freeze? That was the big draw to me in using this build was that frozen guys can't do DMG to you. Plus frozen when they shatter leave no corpses to explode and/or resurrect.
Last edited by Puffalmp on Mar 7, 2019, 8:23:54 PM
"
Puffalmp wrote:
First... thanks for the guide, totally going to main it this season! I will 100% let you know how it goes.

In a few places you mention that enemies will freeze and shatter, but I watch your video and never actually see them freeze. My buddy runs a CoC Ice Nova build that I can visually see them frozen to the point he has to stop dps so the boss will do it's animation and progress the fight. Do enemies actually freeze? That was the big draw to me in using this build was that frozen guys can't do DMG to you. Plus frozen when they shatter leave no corpses to explode and/or resurrect.

I think in most of the videos I might be using ele focus which removes the freezing effect in favor of massive damage. I usually switch to Ele focus towards the 'end' of the build because I'm one shotting most things anyways before they can freeze.

This is the gif from the raider version using hypothermia setup and you can see the ice chunks left behind. Same exact thing for Slayer version.

If you really want constant freeze using a the ele prolif - ice bite - hypothermia setup is best bet. Like so...

Even still once your gems are 20/20% an you're lvl 90 or so things will just die before getting frozen but it's not bad for clearing an fine for map bosses. If you're doing t16 or bigger bosses ele focus an conc is far better.

Last edited by Muirey on Mar 7, 2019, 9:32:21 PM
Thank you for the explanation! I am newer to PoE so it helps.
"
Puffalmp wrote:
Thank you for the explanation! I am newer to PoE so it helps.

Not a problem, everyone starts somewhere learning PoE ;)

What is a good amount of life to shoot for? I am getting wrecked in my third trial on the last iziri fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info