[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

I don't think anything can get easier than a totem/trap build really. Arc or otherwise but especially arc because of how good it is after the rework.

Also, it takes some practice learning how to 'really' use cyclone well for bosses. Clearing maps is fine and you just hold down right click(or whatever) and plow through anything in your path. The newer bosses however have a fuck load of shit to dodge and if you've locked yourself in the cyclone animation... well.. that's a death in some cases.

The new mastermind fight in particular has a lot of 'dodging' shit mechanics. In comparison a trap build for example can just run around dodging shit an throwing traps down.

Again, I start as this build because I can do it in my sleep at this point and I want to try new things for the guide. Arc traps/totems is the hot shit these days in regards to ease of play, budget friendly and scaling to levels that just delete end game bosses.

As far as reave goes I never really cared for the skill or things that required me to stand still to do dps. So I couldn't really comment on current reave builds. I do believe that full elemental conversion reave builds were doing quite well last league as far as clear is concerned but I don't know how they are doing this league with stat sticks being taken away.
Hey Muirey,

First thanks for the build, i'm playing it this league and having a blast with it.

2nd i was testing the new War Banner aura + Frostbite-Blasphemy and i can say it's worst than Hatred + Frostbite-Blasphemy.
So far i'm sticking with what you proposed in the guide.

And 3rd, i find myself using a lot a Quicksilver flask and spinning and killing rather than using the Leap combo. You have the same feeling?

Still thinking how to tackle the Betrayal boss. On my 1st run i got destroyed...probably i need to work a bit on my jewelry.

That's all and good luck with the drops! :)
"
killy2 wrote:
Hey Muirey,

First thanks for the build, i'm playing it this league and having a blast with it.

2nd i was testing the new War Banner aura + Frostbite-Blasphemy and i can say it's worst than Hatred + Frostbite-Blasphemy.
So far i'm sticking with what you proposed in the guide.

And 3rd, i find myself using a lot a Quicksilver flask and spinning and killing rather than using the Leap combo. You have the same feeling?

Still thinking how to tackle the Betrayal boss. On my 1st run i got destroyed...probably i need to work a bit on my jewelry.

That's all and good luck with the drops! :)

yeah I run mostly and leap when I have to back track for something.

The third phase of the master mind was a pain in the ass for me as well so I feel your pain. I hadn't gotten my full ascendancy yet so would have probably been fine if I had it at the time.

I tried warbanner while leveling up and I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you did. With a lvl 3 enlighten could probably use Warbanner+Hatred+Frostbite but the placing it down feels clunky to me when I'd rather just keep spinning. If it gave a small buff while on your back it would be worth it but as is huge MEH.
HI Muirey,

I have been following your guide with relativ success in standard (already had a Disfavour and a Belly and not the nerve to start from scratch in the temp league).

Two questions:
- Why not using the cold penetration support gem?
- What do you think about Vaal Double Strike instead of a totem?
"
Spackomat wrote:
HI Muirey,

I have been following your guide with relativ success in standard (already had a Disfavour and a Belly and not the nerve to start from scratch in the temp league).

Two questions:

Cold pen as support in what setup and in place of what? Can always look at PoB and see how it effects your damage.

I have been using Vaal Double strike with vaal warchief this league and it's pretty good. If you don't want to use totems vaal double strike is some great single target dps.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
Spackomat wrote:
HI Muirey,

Two questions:

Cold pen as support in what setup and in place of what? Can always look at PoB and see how it effects your damage.

I have been using Vaal Double strike with vaal warchief this league and it's pretty good. If you don't want to use totems vaal double strike is some great single target dps.

Well, I am looking mostly for more Boss damage. Mapping is a breeze, however, I noticed that it takes a while to spin the bosses down.

So I started looking into Vaal Double Strike and that appears to be working much better to me than Ancestral Warchief. Did not try VAW, though.

As for Cold Penetration, also for Vaal Double Strike, did not look at PoB, but probably it is not worth it as we would have to remove something which adds MORE damage....
"
Spackomat wrote:
Well, I am looking mostly for more Boss damage. Mapping is a breeze, however, I noticed that it takes a while to spin the bosses down.

So I started looking into Vaal Double Strike and that appears to be working much better to me than Ancestral Warchief. Did not try VAW, though.

As for Cold Penetration, also for Vaal Double Strike, did not look at PoB, but probably it is not worth it as we would have to remove something which adds MORE damage....

Only thing I really ever change for bosses is using Elemental Focus+ Conc effect.

Yeah the issue is that cold pen support would have to edge out some other support we're already using. I haven't looked at it in awhile but I don't think it does edge out any of the current links.
Hey Hey,

Loving the build so far, Im dying alot tho and im not really sure why.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/spazzo246/characters (Spintowin_betrayal is my character)

Yes im using a tabula because the damage i get on a 4L Disfavour isnt high enough.

Im currently on 4k Life. I have very little armor and I get one shot alot by most map mods that amplify damage. Currently doing t4 - 7 maps.

Can you make any suggestions?

Thanks
"
spazzo246 wrote:
Hey Hey,

Loving the build so far, Im dying alot tho and im not really sure why.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/spazzo246/characters (Spintowin_betrayal is my character)

Yes im using a tabula because the damage i get on a 4L Disfavour isnt high enough.

Im currently on 4k Life. I have very little armor and I get one shot alot by most map mods that amplify damage. Currently doing t4 - 7 maps.

Can you make any suggestions?

Thanks

A few things but just a betrayal general thing first: I haven't taken fortify support out entire league so far. It feels like it's needed much more than other leagues. That and chaos resistance, thanks Tora!

That aside...

Your damage should be high enough now to take the two points out of Revelry and use them with 1 life node to get Winter spirit branch. That is a large chunk of dps you're missing out on.

Comments on gear are normal things. Need more life where you can get it along with hopefully some chaos resistance (god damn tora!).

Going from 50% to 90% cold conversion will help you kill those dangerous things faster and fortify will help keep you alive till they die. If will feel much better once you have last ascendancy as well because of the 20% cull an huge onslaught uptime.

Also don't need herald of ice unless you just want it for looks. Frostbite+Hatred do much more than herald of ice but heralds are always nice eye candy heh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note I've been playing around with...

And it's actually pretty nice. Almost constant endurance uptime and it feels like that, with the lvl 1 CWDT+Immortal call, that the IC eats charges before the chest. Hard to really tell but the increased onslaught effect is really nice.

Also much cheaper than Carcass Jack which is popular this league it seems!
Last edited by Muirey on Dec 18, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
So alot has happened in the last 24 hrs

- I ended up 6linking the disfavor in 50 fixings!
- Looted a taste of hate
- using 5L belly
- fortify on leapslam
- haven't done uber lab yet
- 1700 armor flat
- 5.5k life

Map clearing is super quick

Only thing i struggle with is facing map bosses

I just started t9+ maps and I'm getting one shot alot. Cyclone is annoying that you can't stop spinning :/

Have any other suggestions based on my character?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info