[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Muirey wrote:
"
Didjital wrote:
Hey m8 what do you think about the new bone chill skill gem? :)

Going with this build for the start of the season!

Could be interesting. I typically have been running votex/cold snap in a Cast when damage taken setup and could drop one of those to add bone chill support for a nice passive damage boost.

Will be fun playing around with it. Soon as PoB adds gems I'll be screwing around with the new stuff to see how good it is.

Great to hear! Let us definetly know when we should swap a gem.
One more question. How fast can you push guardians with this build early league?
I'd rather farm something like them instead of Uberlabs.
"
Didjital wrote:
"
Muirey wrote:
"
Didjital wrote:
Hey m8 what do you think about the new bone chill skill gem? :)

Going with this build for the start of the season!

Could be interesting. I typically have been running votex/cold snap in a Cast when damage taken setup and could drop one of those to add bone chill support for a nice passive damage boost.

Will be fun playing around with it. Soon as PoB adds gems I'll be screwing around with the new stuff to see how good it is.

Great to hear! Let us definetly know when we should swap a gem.
One more question. How fast can you push guardians with this build early league?
I'd rather farm something like them instead of Uberlabs.

I'd say that really depends on your luck/skill at gaining upgrades. Disfavour makes doing them easy but if you get a really good 2hand rare it's possible to do before hand.

Pushing guardians/end bosses isn't something I really do anymore, so it's hard for me to say. I start with this build because it's reliable and relatively cheap to get farming t12-t15 maps(or spam farming shaped t10s). Plus it doesn't really ever change so it's a stable start to get a good pool of currency before moving onto other 'flavor of the league' builds.

For me a league generally begins like:

This build into farming maps until I get 2x disfavour.

Start saving currency while trying to 6l the disfavour I'm not using.

Once 6l figuring out if I want to farm uber elder or uber labs first. Then picking a build that is specifically designed to do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said I am almost 100% mapping with this build because of how quick I can get it done and how simple a playstyle it is. Plenty of builds do it faster(looking at you BV/arc trap) but I have enjoyed cyclone playstyle since early d2 and I doubt I'll stop anytime soon.
Last edited by Muirey on Dec 6, 2018, 3:58:50 PM
Apprently I skipped over updating the 40 point tree with the new one some how! Fixed now.
Hey, just wondering what auras I should be using at maps? currently just have hatred active
"
Mahpheww wrote:
Hey, just wondering what auras I should be using at maps? currently just have hatred active

Hatred and Blasphemy+Frostbite
Is this a lot better than your Templar cyclone build or? Im wondering if i should go templar or this version..

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on this
"
Ryztard wrote:
Is this a lot better than your Templar cyclone build or? Im wondering if i should go templar or this version..

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on this

The cold version of templar is basically the same build as this except does not rely on Vaal Pact/Slayer Overleech for healing and instead uses passive regen/consecrated ground for healing.

Other than that it's pretty much the same build and play style.
Last edited by Muirey on Dec 13, 2018, 7:44:45 PM
I was thinking of doing my own version of this build, what do you guys think of a strong rare 1H with Lycosidae?

Possibly Raider/Pathfinder if Slayer isn't fast enough
"
shinyzee wrote:
I was thinking of doing my own version of this build, what do you guys think of a strong rare 1H with Lycosidae?

Possibly Raider/Pathfinder if Slayer isn't fast enough

I would suggest you look at this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2019136 if that's what you're interested in!
Would you consider this build easy to play compared to other builds? Like for example Traps, Arc, Reave builds etc.
Last edited by Ryztard on Dec 14, 2018, 7:03:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info