[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Could anyone take a look at my build to see what i can improve.

I feel like im not doing enough damage to manage higer tier maps.
"
Nicklas87 wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my build to see what i can improve.

I feel like im not doing enough damage to manage higher tier maps.

I had briefly looked last night and noticed you have fortify socketed into your weapon which gives fortify support. So you're running a 5link currently.

You're going to gain a good amount of damage when you can get your main cyclone links to 20% quality. Just kaom's heart is also a trade off of damage for more life. You also lose out on vaal double strike, warchief and any other extra damage options you want for random higher hp things by using Kaom's heart.

Passive tree looks fine, it is odd you're using a crit axe and going RT. If I recall correctly you still need the +2 socketed support craft on weapon as well.

That's all I remember from briefly looking last night. Can't say more now that the character is stripped. ;)
Last edited by Muirey on Aug 1, 2019, 9:05:47 AM

fun build
"
Edelce wrote:
Spoiler

fun build

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!
I'm seeking help with my build. Thought I'd done everything right but my DPS is very low.... Any useful suggestions appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/Mu5t6JwY

Thanks.
Bad survivability -__-
"
belko777 wrote:
Bad survivability -__-

Slayer leech hasn't been in a fantastic place for quite awhile, which is one of the reasons I haven't updated the build in 2 leagues. So yeah I agree, survival is not in a good place right now.

I played it for awhile in 3.9 and yeah some methamoprhs combos would just delete me. Especially the chaos degen which isn't something that has been thrown around a lot previously but in 3.9 not having chaos resistance is gonna hurt.

Other than metamorphs everything else seemed fine, I only had a few early attempts on Awakener 6 with the build and the actual fight was fine it was just some unfortunate storm phase movement that made it hard. Nothing to hit during those phases means no leech and that was rough. The actual dps phases were fine though.

All that said though, was never supposed to be a tanky build. I made it for myself with the soul purpose of farming t10-t14s quickly. Which, metamorphs aside.. it still does that pretty damn well. It was a nice bonus that it could do other things but it won't ever be better than builds designed for bossing/deep deleving an so forth.

They have said that in 4.0 they are reworking leech and it seems there is going to be some other massive changes. Build might die, might get better but I'm holding off updating/killing it until everything around 4.0 comes out.

I do need to play the build again now that metamorphs can be properly frozen again. I haven't played since they fixed that so it may actually be much nicer now. Will have to see.
Last edited by Muirey on Jan 24, 2020, 1:34:06 PM
Hi muirey. Played your build in 3.7 and loved it. Played RT version back then. I wanna have another go with it with a crit based version this time and I was wondering what weapon(s) you'd reccomend now that fortify on hit support mod has been nerfed together with multimodding. Exquisite blade still go to? Voidforge?
Thoughts on budget options?
"
Hi muirey. Played your build in 3.7 and loved it. Played RT version back then. I wanna have another go with it with a crit based version this time and I was wondering what weapon(s) you'd reccomend now that fortify on hit support mod has been nerfed together with multimodding. Exquisite blade still go to? Voidforge?
Thoughts on budget options?

If going pure cold exquisite blade with some big Pdps would still be preferable.

Voidforge is also a great option but I would change things up a bit so that you're boosting all elemental damage not just cold.

Like elemental weakness instead of frostbite. Not taking fangs of frost and sacrificing a few points some where else to reach Elemental Equilibrium which is really huge for voidforge builds.

Budget option Terminus est is always the goto.

I know there have been cyclone voidforge duelist builds around in the past but I don't know if they've been updated. I've been kind of staying away from elemental damage builds this league myself. Pure physical seems to be in a real good spot right now and as I said in previous post I'm unsure where I want to take these builds going forward. I made this build back in 3.1 and things have changes a massive amount since then.

The multi-mod AND the elder/shaper weapon changes were a bit much in my eyes. I like the multi mod change but I feel like with the atlas rework the elder/shaper weapons would be even more sought after if they had left them the same. Added in the multi mod limit you'd have to do some serious crafting instead of just lucking into a clean base. Thems the changes though so nothing to do about it now! :D

Edit: If you are looking for a voidforge build specifically this one here

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2548569

Looks to be solid an build around void forge specifically. I'd probably try to get more health than it has in the tree but the rest of it looks fine.

Last edited by Muirey on Feb 6, 2020, 3:45:23 PM
Thanks for the clear reply dude. Keep up the good work, will keep an eye on here what/ if will change. cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info