[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

This build is basically a good idea because its funny to shatter the enemies.
The big problem is survivability, a few bad map mods and you are dead faster than you could think of.

Ngamahu's Flame cyclone is far superior compared to this build in case of survivability where i could easily play T16 with hard mods without any problem. With this build a mediocre T12 is a dying through...
"
petewulf wrote:
This build is basically a good idea because its funny to shatter the enemies.
The big problem is survivability, a few bad map mods and you are dead faster than you could think of.

Ngamahu's Flame cyclone is far superior compared to this build in case of survivability where i could easily play T16 with hard mods without any problem. With this build a mediocre T12 is a dying through...

Slayer survival took a huge hit this patch regardless of what spec you choose to play. Capping maximum leech from each source basically ruined the entire thing that made Slayer strong.

That said I wasn't having any issues in league doing red maps. I didn't even get my last ascendancy trial before league got boring for me and it was still "Ok". I had decided to stop using blood rage though because it seems like it just isn't worth it now.

If you like Ngamahu's that's fine, it's a fantastic build. I don't care for the way it plays and prefer cyclone to do the bulk(if not 100%) of my damage rather than the molten balls. Also, if you're comparing Chieftain Ngamahu's to a Slayer build that isn't really a good comparison. Slayer Ngamahu's however got shit on in survival just as hard as this build did though. Give Slayer Ngamahu's a whirl and I bet you'll feel the same sense of lacking survival.

You've chosen to take a lot of int nodes instead of getting brute force solution as recommended. By removing revelry, the extra int nodes and quick step you will be able to get the jewel socket for Brute force solution and get upto devotion for more life plus a little damage.

Can also go G-R-R-R-R in disfavour as well with fortify for some damage reduction. Also adding Immortal call into CWDT, it doesn't seem like much but it does a lot of good.

You're links are kind of all over the place. Not using a movement skill at all?

I understand the frustration of feeling weak and the only fix right now is to really bulk up your life pool. Having Bane of legends will be a big boost to damage with the almost constant onslaught and 20% cull. Having that or even before that moving some nodes into more life will make things feel better.

With the cap on each instance of leech they added having a bigger HP pool is more important now than ever.

All that said, Slayer anything is not in a strong place right now. So don't feel bad about dumping it for something better. Hopefully they have some nice things in store for melee builds in the coming patches but for now there are much stronger options to enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note my new computer got here and I should be getting those t16 boss recordings done an over with in the next few days. Tested it recording on my flicker strike character an.. well.. it doesn't lag during that insanity so everything else will be perfectly fine haha.
"
asdjzm1as wrote:
Hey do you think you could maybe add a video doing a t16 boss, just to showcase the boss damage (I saw the shapder video already but It'd be nice to see a t16 boss aswell).

All Four now done for ya.

Phoenix
Chimera
Hydra
Minotaur

Running ele prolif-hypothermia-ice bite for clear and switching to conc effect-ele focus for bosses just so that's clear! Have those great shatter sounds during clearing.
Last edited by Muirey on Apr 8, 2019, 10:04:22 AM
So I'm doing roughly 200-300k dps when fully buffed up. However I still feel like I'm lacking tankiness. Atziri one shots me but I'm guessing that is just do to me not having enough health. Do you have any suggestions?
"
idabossking wrote:
So I'm doing roughly 200-300k dps when fully buffed up. However I still feel like I'm lacking tankiness. Atziri one shots me but I'm guessing that is just do to me not having enough health. Do you have any suggestions?

Cannot make suggestions while your profile is set to private! :D

Only really issue Atziri should be giving is flame blasts? Just a guess. If so ruby flask or just play cautious while she can do them. There isn't anything else I can think of that would be taking you out in one shot.

Take your profile off private (home -> my account -> privacy settings -> don't hide character) an then I can see if there is anything else.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
idabossking wrote:

Cannot make suggestions while your profile is set to private! :D

Only really issue Atziri should be giving is flame blasts? Just a guess. If so ruby flask or just play cautious while she can do them. There isn't anything else I can think of that would be taking you out in one shot.

Take your profile off private (home -> my account -> privacy settings -> don't hide character) an then I can see if there is anything else.

Alright, took it off private, my apologies didn't know it was private. I'll give the ruby flask a try and play a bit more cautiously.
No worries, happens all the time.

You shouldn't be having issues with Atziri with your gear. The only talent changes it would make is taking two points out of the Scion life wheel to get Heart of the warrior instead. I tend to leave Scion life wheel for last myself.

Not having Hatchet master and Berserking hurts your attack speed quite a lot. Attack speed is what makes cyclone feel good and also will make you leap slam faster to get out of the bad shit.
Well this was posted today.

(open in new tab or go HERE for full size)

If it remains as is until league it's going to be a very very good league. Looking forward to seeing all the other changes coming for melee and still kind of concerned with how they are going to handle leech after butchering Slayer Leech last league.

Regardless, this is some crazy good buffs for Slayer.

One thing that is interesting to me is Overwhelm. Could open up options to go crit instead of RT for even better freezing. It's going to be a lot of fun to play around with! Quite exited!
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 1, 2019, 11:06:05 PM
Really interested in this build as a league starter.

For now i plan to go 4-6-8-12 in the ascendancy and use soul tether to mimic the overleech and be on full life as often as possible.

I just hope everything will not be too expensive.

"
One thing that is interesting to me is Overwhelm. Could open up options to go crit instead of RT for even better freezing. It's going to be a lot of fun to play around with! Quite exited!

Not sure if it's really realistic :

- We would need to drop something in the ascendancy to take it : maybe the leech part but we might start to lack defenses.
- We need to find crit chance somewhere and for axes (assuming we stay with disfavour) there is not many crit nodes to get on the tree.

But if we do maybe we can squeeze herald of ice by getting frosbite on rings (only lv5 frostbite though :/ )? That would boost the clear even more and we could get this sweet herald of ice sound.

To find crit we can use the watcher's eye mod for hatred to get more base crit. But to find enough increased crit chance i don't really see what we could do. Maybe try to generate power charges...
"
Sonoryo wrote:
Really interested in this build as a league starter.

For now i plan to go 4-6-8-12 in the ascendancy and use soul tether to mimic the overleech and be on full life as often as possible.

I just hope everything will not be too expensive.

"

Not sure if it's really realistic :

- We would need to drop something in the ascendancy to take it : maybe the leech part but we might start to lack defenses.
- We need to find crit chance somewhere and for axes (assuming we stay with disfavour) there is not many crit nodes to get on the tree.

But if we do maybe we can squeeze herald of ice by getting frosbite on rings (only lv5 frostbite though :/ )? That would boost the clear even more and we could get this sweet herald of ice sound.

To find crit we can use the watcher's eye mod for hatred to get more base crit. But to find enough increased crit chance i don't really see what we could do. Maybe try to generate power charges...

Everything really depends on the passive tree rework. You can see from this:

A lot of things have been moved around in duelist starting area. I don't personally plan on doing crit, I will stick with the old crab arm 4-6-8-10 for starters but I'll try everything later on. As fun as cycloning the entire screen is I don't think I'll take Impact.

Overwhelm is just something that will be interesting to try to build around. If I was to go crit though I would probably go more heavily into the right side of the passive tree. It's just idle pondering at this point!

The nice thing is that with all the damage buffs shown so far will allows for dropping some damage passives and picking up more life/defensive options instead. Fortify support is supposed to be very good now and if they are reworking the fortify wheel as well could be amazing.

I'm very interested to see what they are going to do in duelist area. I'm really going to miss old slayer overleech but if we keep current OK overleech while gaining a massive amount of mitigation that will basically be the same thing.

Last edited by Muirey on Jun 3, 2019, 1:37:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info