[3.6] Ele Spectral Throw Slayer/Pathfinder (7.5k+ HP, 1.5M+ Shaper DPS, All Content down- VIDS)

It may just be how your gear is but I put two HOWA's into POB and my dps is like half of mine currently. Also we're essentially pretty much crit capped at my gear level away.
"
armada wrote:
Hey there,

Having a blast with this build so far. Killing bosses in a matter of seconds, build looks good and plays well. The only question I'm having is in regards to hitting ~7k hp. With my gear and tree I feel like I'm not even going to sniff 7k, let alone 7.5k. Would someone more knowledgeable take a look at my char here and let me know how I can improve it? Playing in HC Beastiary.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/armada/characters

Character is "WhereTheGothChicksAt".

I looked at your gear, and it's just a not enough life on gear issue. 4% Life on your gloves, adding another socket would also be another jewels worth of life, +1% from Shroud. You're also level 85, if you get 10 levels that's 350-400 hp right there. Just for reference my level 100 in Beastiary has 7961 life.
Last edited by Mure83 on Apr 16, 2018, 5:22:01 PM
I'm not trying to be rude, as this seems like a solid build that I want to try, but your PoB damage is extremely inflated. You claim 1.5m Shaper DPS, but have frenzy and power charges checked, with no way in your setup to sustain both on single target (obviously you could just throw in orb of storms, pcoc, so I get that part, but not the frenzy charge part, as I see no way to get them without adding a frenzy gem, but that would lose you dps, stacking charges with frenzy). You also have a 50% shock checked, which definitely isn't happening from just using ST. You have it set to -11% Shaper res for each element, but PoB accounts for any pen you have on your build, so that's inflated too. Not trying to call out your build, but I think it's important to set a realistic DPS number, and your PoB isn't very realistic...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I looked pretty close at your character and didn't see anything to justify the DPS you are claiming on ST. If I'm missing something, please let me know as I am interested in this build.
Last edited by Phizeek on Apr 17, 2018, 1:54:21 AM
"
Phizeek wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, as this seems like a solid build that I want to try, but your PoB damage is extremely inflated. You claim 1.5m Shaper DPS, but have frenzy and power charges checked, with no way in your setup to sustain both on single target. You have a 50% shock checked, which definitely isn't happening from just using ST. You have it set to -11% Shaper res for each element, but PoB accounts for any pen you have on your build, so that's inflated too. Not trying to call out your build, but I think it's important to set a realistic DPS number, and your PoB isn't very realistic...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I looked pretty close at your character and didn't see anything to justify the DPS you are claiming on ST. If I'm missing something, please let me know as I am interested in this build.

No you're right, the POB link is more to compare the DPS to other builds. Most everyone sets up their POB like this so I'm just doing it to give a representation against the 5M Barrage builds, 10M molten strike builds ect. Obviously it would be pretty easy to put a Power Charge on crit setup in, and it's fairly easy to get frenzies as well, I'm just lazy. And honestly I do shock shaper, I see it every fight, but I do doubt it is 50% dmg. Basically I set up the POB to compare the DMG to other builds that generally set up their POB for "best case scenario" optimal DPS, if you know what I mean, just to give a representation of what the build will feel like. It's well over a million DPS, I phase Shaper in seconds.
"
Mure83 wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, as this seems like a solid build that I want to try, but your PoB damage is extremely inflated. You claim 1.5m Shaper DPS, but have frenzy and power charges checked, with no way in your setup to sustain both on single target. You have a 50% shock checked, which definitely isn't happening from just using ST. You have it set to -11% Shaper res for each element, but PoB accounts for any pen you have on your build, so that's inflated too. Not trying to call out your build, but I think it's important to set a realistic DPS number, and your PoB isn't very realistic...

No you're right, the POB link is more to compare the DPS to other builds. Most everyone sets up their POB like this so I'm just doing it to give a representation against the 5M Barrage builds, 10M molten strike builds ect. Obviously it would be pretty easy to put a Power Charge on crit setup in, and it's fairly easy to get frenzies as well, I'm just lazy. And honestly I do shock shaper, I see it every fight, but I do doubt it is 50% dmg. Basically I set up the POB to compare the DMG to other builds that generally set up their POB for "best case scenario" optimal DPS, if you know what I mean, just to give a representation of what the build will feel like. It's well over a million DPS, I phase Shaper in seconds.

Ah, gotcha. I mean, the build definitely looks solid imo. I farmed up a HH earlier in the league, but decided to get rid of it to fund my Bow character, and although I had like 4.3m realistic shaper dps, I only had 6k life at lvl 95 with pretty insane gear, and I want a character I can push with as well as reliably farm bosses.

With that said, I think this build appeals to me the most. I sold my bow gear and am back up to about 60ex, and have a HH to use with this, so a couple questions....Would this build utilize a HH well? Should I be able to do all the content I want with 60ex in investments? And finally, would you recommend going all out on a claw or foil?

Edit: sorry for all of the questions. I've played a lot of different builds, but never tried a ST build
Last edited by Phizeek on Apr 17, 2018, 2:04:19 AM
"
Phizeek wrote:
"
Mure83 wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:

Ah, gotcha. I mean, the build definitely looks solid imo. I farmed up a HH earlier in the league, but decided to get rid of it to fund my Bow character, and although I had like 4.3m realistic shaper dps, I only had 6k life at lvl 95 with pretty insane gear, and I want a character I can push with as well as reliably farm bosses.

With that said, I think this build appeals to me the most. I sold my bow gear and am back up to about 60ex, and have a HH to use with this, so a couple questions....Would this build utilize a HH well? Should I be able to do all the content I want with 60ex in investments? And finally, would you recommend going all out on a claw or foil?

Edit: sorry for all of the questions. I've played a lot of different builds, but never tried a ST build

Headhunter is amazing with ST. Now to your question about gearing. 60 Ex and a HH will let you do all content except Uber Elder most likely. I'd go with a Foil because they're so much cheaper, and actually running the numbers on them, Foils are competitive DPS wise with claws in my experience. I also like the increased Leech over Life gain on hit, because ST single target doesn't really utilize LGOH too well imo. I havent looked at gear prices for weeks because I haven't really needed any upgrades, but I usually tell people that the build is pretty expensive. I'd say 100-150 EX would be more realistic to kill Uber Elder comfortably, but with 60 and a HH, you'll shred maps and be able to farm up gear as needed to push into the 1M+ dps single target zone.

And yes this build will NOT feel like your bow build single target lol, but I still phase shaper in seconds, and I have 7961 HP with slayer leech, 44% evade, 30% dodge, so it feels pretty damn tanky. :)
Awesome, thanks for the detailed answers. I think I'm going to try it out. Slayer leech is something I've always wanted to try, and I haven't tried ST except for a poison varient. Thanks for answering all my questions!
"
Phizeek wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the detailed answers. I think I'm going to try it out. Slayer leech is something I've always wanted to try, and I haven't tried ST except for a poison varient. Thanks for answering all my questions!

No prob, hope ya enjoy the build.
A 6 Minute Infested Valley Clear with that gear ? that is slow for like a 150ex smth build.
Currently leveling up with this build.. and had some thoughts..

What you guys think about going Elementalist over Pathfinder?

10% ele pen, no ele reflect, 40% herald effect and 10% + dmg on shocked enemies seems just too good.. (there is also that +1 golem but they Always die .. lame.. )

also could go Inpulsa's for a even better shock use..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info