[3.6] Ele Spectral Throw Slayer/Pathfinder (7.5k+ HP, 1.5M+ Shaper DPS, All Content down- VIDS)

Loving the build so far! Finally able to put some of those abyss items i had lying around to good use, i do have a couple questions though..

-I noticed you have in your "curse/auras" section that we should be using hatred, but you have wrath socketed in the gear section. just wondering which we should be using.
-Also wanted to find out why you chose whirling blades over other movement skills, ie.shield charge. any special reasoning behind it?
-How would a vinktar with lightning damage to attacks be in this build since it appears lightning was the mainstay ele-dmg priority?

thanks for the build!
"
Fedega wrote:
"
Mure83 wrote:
"
Fedega wrote:
I seriously asked how much currency do i have to spend... IM interested on giving this build a try

To get my level of gear would be quite expensive. If you want an exact amount of what my gear cost I'd say 200ish exalts. This was my starter build this league, though. It cleared T10-T12 maps with less than half my dps quite easily, bosses def won't feel anything like the vids without a decent set of gear.

Thanks for reply, i have like 30 40 exalts to spend, do u think i can do end game with that amount? or at least t15 maps and guardians?

You can do T15's and guardians for sure with 40 ex. Honestly even shaper shouldn't be too tough as long as you know the mechanics of the fight. I did Shaper and Uber atziri the first time on this char with probably half or 60% of my current level of gear, and they went fine.
"
krasher7 wrote:
Anyway DPS tooltip?

As a Raider - wich one ascendancy?

My tooltip in hideout is around 90k, buffed up in maps around 160k, and with flasks over 200k. This is with GMP remember, much higher without. I think your second question you mean as a "ranger" which ascendancy. Both pathfinder and raider will work well, I believe raider would have a little more DPS and pathfinder would have the better flask utility.
"
ASiC4 wrote:
Loving the build so far! Finally able to put some of those abyss items i had lying around to good use, i do have a couple questions though..

-I noticed you have in your "curse/auras" section that we should be using hatred, but you have wrath socketed in the gear section. just wondering which we should be using.
-Also wanted to find out why you chose whirling blades over other movement skills, ie.shield charge. any special reasoning behind it?
-How would a vinktar with lightning damage to attacks be in this build since it appears lightning was the mainstay ele-dmg priority?

thanks for the build!

Yea my mistake, def use Wrath LOL, good catch.

Whirling blades and shield charge would both work fine, just personal preference.

I've looked on POB at multiple gear levels, and a Vinktars cant beat any of the flasks I use. I'll check again with current gear and report back!
Hello

Im having serious trouble getting damage early on im around level 38 and only have 210dps and no matter what i change around i cannot seem to get better damage any suggestions on how to get damage higher around this level? i have tried different weapons and things and seem to be stuck
Only with blood Can this debt be paid.
"
executionis2 wrote:
Hello

Im having serious trouble getting damage early on im around level 38 and only have 210dps and no matter what i change around i cannot seem to get better damage any suggestions on how to get damage higher around this level? i have tried different weapons and things and seem to be stuck

You need a weapon with elemental damage, you can buy a decent leveling one for like 1c. Added cold damage and elemental damage with attack skills don't scale with physical damage. Also Wake of Destruction unique boots give a nice dps boost.
Last edited by phirlo on Jan 13, 2018, 6:37:28 PM
"
phirlo wrote:
"
executionis2 wrote:
Hello

You need a weapon with elemental damage, you can buy a decent leveling one for like 1c. Added cold damage and elemental damage with attack skills don't scale with physical damage. Also Wake of Destruction unique boots give a nice dps boost.

Sadly im on hardcore and dont have the currency to buy many items as my luck with drops has been pretty bad. But i do have a unique main hand with 30% more elemental damage but maybe its the wrong type. its a chitus foil unique
Only with blood Can this debt be paid.
Just need a cheap foil with flat ele rolls. Can use spectral throw or cyclone or frost blades to level early.
Last edited by Mure83 on Jan 13, 2018, 8:26:38 PM
"
executionis2 wrote:
"
phirlo wrote:
"
executionis2 wrote:
Hello

Sadly im on hardcore and dont have the currency to buy many items as my luck with drops has been pretty bad. But i do have a unique main hand with 30% more elemental damage but maybe its the wrong type. its a chitus foil unique

I'm currently progressing on my own character with this build and I'm 1.3k dps on ST @ lvl 48. You gotta either make your own or buy a claw that has good eDPS and I highly suggest a weapon with at least 1.5 APS.

After that for leveling I'd suggest rolling with Cold and Lightning heralds so you stay at 50% mana in order to be able to more or less spam your spectral throw (keep in mind that even once I got assassins mark, I'm still hugging the mana potion button). But the biggest boost in damage will come from abyss jewels with added damage to attacks and added damage to your respected weapon type. Since I got some currency from previous toons I've already bought some ele dmg to claw attacks/ele dmg to attacks and + max life abyss jewels and they've brought my damage up by a ton.

For now I'm sticking to gear that costs no more than a chaos to save some chaos for later and hopefully the build will pay off once I get to maps. My doomfletch raider felt really awkward in the end game and got slain by some T7 map boss, hopefully this toon will be much more durable!

If you start with a Belly, you should be over 6k life pretty early and pretty durable. I didnt switch to Shroud until I had a lot of hp on jewels and gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info