Is there a way to report scammer?

someone selling a 6L vis mortis to me. when I put exalted orbs into the trade box. He cancel trade and change it to 5L, then it trade again. Without checking properly I traded with him and got a 5L. Yes I am dumb, but I just wana send a report so that everyone is aware of such scammer.
Btw, the one that is listing at the price much lower that others is the scammer, so beware.
And thanks scammer for teaching a valuable lesson with I can use in real life. At least those EX cost me nothing in life :)
Last edited by xraile8 on Jan 5, 2018, 10:17:35 PM
Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 11:57:30 AM
how is that a scam if you are required to put your mouse cursor over the item to verify what it is before you can accept the trade?

"
xraile8 wrote:
At least those EX cost me nothing in life :)

it did. it cost your time (unless you assert that your time is worthless)
Last edited by dachoppa on Jan 5, 2018, 11:18:39 PM
"
dachoppa wrote:
how is that a scam if you are required to put your mouse cursor over the item to verify what it is before you can accept the trade?
Why do you give me a feeling you are part of this lol. Anyway, thanks for replying.

"
xraile8 wrote:
At least those EX cost me nothing in life :)

it did. it cost your time (unless you assert that your time is worthless)
"
dachoppa wrote:

Typical PoE community response to scamming. SO vile.
You learn from your mistakes.

It' a lesson in disguise.

While the guy who scammed you is an asshole and should probably be punched in the face he did give you a lesson.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yup. I am really thankful to the scammer actually. At some point in our life we took many things for granted and pay heavy price for them. The price for this lesson is quite trival to me. But many good lessons learnt from it.
"
xraile8 wrote:
someone selling a 6L vis mortis to me. when I put exalted orbs into the trade box. He cancel trade and change it to 5L, then it trade again. Without checking properly I traded with him and got a 5L. Yes I am dumb, but I just wana send a report so that everyone is aware of such scammer.
Btw, the one that is listing at the price much lower that others is the scammer, so beware.
And thanks scammer for teaching a valuable lesson with I can use in real life. At least those EX cost me nothing in life :)

Blame the devs who did not implement a proper AH, and typical POE community who cries like children at the idea of implementing one simply because it was crap in D3. I am sure it had nothing to do with the obvious fact that D3 was built around an RMAH to make money out of people rather than focusing on fair gameplay since Blizzard was actually getting a 15% cut from RMAH sales they made D3 so as to you would be forced to use RMAH in order to play the game.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
the trade window design could be made more safe.

the current design just disables your button if your trading partner changes the item.

---

i would have liked some more noticable, for example a yellow frame around the trading partner's window if i hovered over all his items.

it would be much more noticable if this frame disappears.
"
"
dachoppa wrote:

Typical PoE community response to scamming. SO vile.

Yet you didn't answer his simple question.

(hint: cause that's not a "scam", it's buyer's haste, tiredness, inattentiveness, whatever; you are protected by "move, check and then click", you ignore this - deal with the consequences)

"
cronus wrote:
the trade window design could be made more safe.

the current design just disables your button if your trading partner changes the item.

---

i would have liked some more noticable, for example a yellow frame around the trading partner's window if i hovered over all his items.

it would be much more noticable if this frame disappears.

Also 2 confirmation pop-ups "are you sure you want to?" and "are you really really sure you want to?" and a big banner. Sure.

Labyrinth received a warning about re-writing implicit\enchantment.
Did it stop "i lost my 20% melee damage\18% spell damage! bug reports" from appearing?
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
First off, it's absolutely a scam. It's a perfect example of a "bait and switch", probably the oldest scam there is. Just because it's easily avoidable in-game doesn't mean it's any less of a scam, and the perpetrator any less of a jerk for doing it. I'm not sure why the community here keeps insisting it's not a scam when it clearly is.

However, to the OP, there is no recourse here, because GGG gave you your opportunity to verify that the trade was legit and you did it (by hovering over the item before accepting the trade). How can they possibly tell the difference between an actual bait-and-switch and simple buyer's remorse?

You just need to be more careful. Caveat emptor. Go on with life.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info