[3.1] Oni-Goroshi One Punch 100% fire conversion

One stupid question.. how did you get 2 aby sockets on gloves?

On poe.trade there are only with one socket and also on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tombfist...

Ty
http://poe.trade/search/odomosaomakosi
There are plenty ;) Remember to select 2 Abyssal Sockets as Min in search criteria.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 28, 2017, 9:51:43 AM
Added 3rd video, with shaped vault T14. I'm done with videos for now, I'll be taking care of other stuff in the guide.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 28, 2017, 10:23:25 AM
Hello! Whats the main difference between yours and mathil build? what build have more dmg and survivability?

Also, how is the leveling with this build?
Last edited by qIta on Dec 28, 2017, 10:39:24 PM
Hi, the difference is described in OP.

Mainly, I'm focusing on 100% fire conversion to use just one element. Additionally for single target I use MS, since it's meta and AC doubles your balls (that will be probably fixed after league...).

You can watch those sample videos I uploaded, survivability should be better with my approach, mainly more life and better sustain on bosses with MS.

DPS Tooltip wise Mathil will have bigger numbers on infernal blow since he's using only that skill and scales it with triple/double critical multistrike jewels (they're not cheap).

However, no matter how many critical multistrike he will stack, MS will still be superior on bosses. At the moment I got ~200k dps on tooltip for infernal blow and it is more than enough to clear the mobs, you can see that on videos. We shouldn't scale infernal blow by any means, we should scale MS instead to obliterate bosses as well, because that will be the bottleneck, unless you want to skip/struggle with bosses then probably you should follow Mathil approach to use only infernal blow. Don't get me wrong, it's still good but MS will be so much better in any dimension.

I did a rough calc with my current not optimized setup, had to switch multistrike to elemental focus since PoB does not take that gem into calculation for molten strike magma balls at all (for melee hit it does):

It's almost 600k per ball, with the enchant and dying sun you will have 12 balls, AC doubles that means 24 balls, and multistrike adds additional 12 balls means 36 balls in total. Of course with MS dps will be a bit lower than elemental focus. Even if we cut that in half 300k * 36 = 11mln. These are just numbers, of course all balls will not hit boss at once always (or ever?), but they should give you some impression. There are people who have builds with ~2mln per ball, with 4.5k life max but these numbers are unreal, perfect gear, curses working all the time, vaal haste etc. Whereas Mathil will have 1mln at most with his infernal blow.

Having numbers like on the screen, should be more than enough to kill everything in the game.

I checked the gems setup in PoB and indeed Damage on Full Life yields most damage, so we should replace Fire Penetration with that. @letmedownloadthat was right again :) I'll update gem section.

As you can see below for melee hit it takes multistrike into calculation.
With Elemental Focus we got 4.38 attacks per second:

With MS we got 8.51 attacks per second:

With magma balls it always stays at 4.38 and nothing changes with MS gem. DPS is more or less the same with elemental focus so we shouldn't cut in half dps as I did in calculation ;)

I will also add leveling guide, but it should be more or less obvious and generic one. We got plenty of skills to use at low level, sunder, molten strike (with AC, then add MS), infernal blow (with AC, then add MS). If you don't have any gear at all then you should get Resolute Technique as soon as possible, then lately in the game you will respec that point. I would probably get either the sword early on or facebreakers and level with infernal blow since the beginning focusing on health nodes firstly.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 29, 2017, 2:56:43 AM
Updated passive tree for level 94, grab all sword nodes on the right hand side of the tree instead of life at the marauder start, they add like a 70k+ dps for molten strike in PoB (probably so much because of not working MS for magma balls - 20% increased attack speed mainly, some physical sword dmg and +20 str means some life and dmg to iron grip, everything synergizes, it also buffs infernal blow dmg, increased attack speed scales MS dmg tremendously), overall definitely worth investment.

Also added two passive trees for lvl 100, tanky one that grabs outstanding life nodes and dps one that takes Berserking and Razor's edge.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 29, 2017, 7:31:10 AM
Dude nice one. If you would add a lvling guide would be nice. I'm using infernal blow & oni to lvl up but felt abit slow compared to sunder. Do advice ya cheers!
ojejku thanks for the awesome explanation. What important nodes should I take first on passive tree while leveling?
I'll try to add leveling guide asap.

In general, I did not level with the oni-goroshi sword, I'm not sure if it is the most effective way. It scales by each level, so should be fine at least ;) however, you might not have enough critical strike chance to trigger 'Her Embrace' without those passive points. To compensate that in early leveling, you could try using Chance to Ignite (preferably) or Increased Critical Strike, or both of them. On the other hand I'm not sure if it's worth to trigger that (de)buff early on. To be honest I just don't know, I will create a new character and level it to 30 lvl at least to check if it's viable for leveling. I wouldn't be surprise if other weapons or even facebreaker would be faster.

Having said that, here's a quick draft what I would do with a new character:

30 passive points

First priority, go for Resolute Technique so you have 100% chance to hit early on, you will respec that point later and take critical nodes next to it. Now, if you level with Oni-Goroshi, in order to trigger 'Her Emrbace' you need to use Chance to Ignite. If not then use any other melee support gem. Melee skills I would use are one of these Sunder or Infernal Blow/Molten Strike with Ancestral Call. Please bear in mind that Sunder is available after you finish act 1 and get your character to level 12, whereas IB and MS are available at level 1. We also take Hard Knocks notable for +30 intelligence since we need that early on to level gems. My weapon of choice might be Facebreaker here, you will be able to wear that at lvl 16. With that gloves you're not using any weapon, just hit with bare hands, and add some flat physical damage on jewellery and Meginord's Girdle belt. That is basically, classic one punch infernal blow setup that was considered as a super fast leveling thing, before new era came. This is just an idea and remember that Molten Strike does not work with Unarmed that means you need a weapon and not Facebreakers whereas Infernal Blow works with Unarmed.

So maybe best idea would be to utilize any sword with decent physical damage that would allow us to use our two end game skills since level 1, that is Infernal Blow and Molten Strike.

38 passive points

Now this is crucial, if you want to level with Molten Strike (or even if not, you want to use that on single target anyway), you utilize those two jewel slots with Wildfire jewels, making your molten strike MUCH more enjoyable together with Ancestral Call and Multistrike later on. If you don't have any jewels to use early on, you can save those three passive points that are required to get that sockets.

50 passive points

We take Vitality Void with small point below providing us mana leech and Golem's blood for more life and life regeneration. Now, we are one point from Vaal Pact, but we're not getting it anytime soon, because we simply don't need that. Moreover, running through labs will be much less stressful if we have life regeneration.

65 passive points

We're basically going to right hand side of the tree, grabbing all notable life nodes Thick Skin and Herbalism as well as Heart of the Warrior and Warrior's Blood at Marauder start. The last one will grant us additional 1.8% life regen. We're also taking Wisdom of the Glade for additional +30 intelligence.

83 passive points

Now the fun part begins ;) We're getting all crit nodes and finally respecing out of Resolute Technique (as a last step) if you didn't do that earlier on. We also should be using Oni-Goroshi now (if not earlier) because we will be able to trigger 'Her Embrace' (de)buff reliably from critical strikes.

Ascendancy - Slayer
Impact (free melee splash gem for infernal blow) - Endless Hunger (Life leech effects are not revmoed at full life, critical for our sword) - Brutal Fervour (100% increased life leech rate, immunity to stun and bleed) - Bane of Legends (20% culling strike)
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 29, 2017, 11:18:19 AM
Ok, did some rough leveling guide, purely a guide to passive tree rather than gear. I'll add last missing step later on, but you should be able to go on your own from there by looking at finished lvl 94 passive tree.

Hopefully it make sense, is useful and shed some light on some things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info