[3.1] Oni-Goroshi One Punch 100% fire conversion

Looks like a fun build. I'm tempted to try out something similar.

You've already said a lot about how you feel about molten strike vs IB. Any thoughts on spectral throw for clearing?

Thanks for mentioning the PoB bug for multistrike. I never noticed that before. It seems to forget to increase the effective attack rate for the balls.

By the way, 27m DPS for Molten Strike is not accurate. Assuming the following are correct, it's much closer to 4.4m versus Shaper.

• You need to select Shaper in the configuration. Once you're past a few hundred thousand DPS vs. white mobs, it doesn't matter at all for clearing. The standard is to measure Shaper DPS because the ways of boosting DPS vs. bosses (where it matters) are quite different than the ways of boosting it against white mobs. This reduces the PoB ball DPS from 707k to 406k.
  • Most of the balls won't get the full point blank benefit. PoB doesn't compute point blank correctly for Molten Strike. It's best to leave the PB field blank and then use the Molten Strike DPS Calculator to factor in the point blank effect. Making the field blank lowers the PoB ball DPS to 271k (we'll factor in the PB benefit later).
  • I don't see any way of generating frenzy charges against isolated bosses (blood rage only works if there are adds to kill. This lowers the per-ball DPS to 231k.
  • Nowhere near all 36 balls will hit an isolated single target. First, you can only get two melee procs with Ancestral Call against true single target (where it matters), not 3. Without Ancestral Call, only about 47% of balls will hit. Fortunately, based on some quick estimates, if you stand so the first melee hit strikes the ground about 12 units from the boss', center, it looks like you'll get full DPS from both ball procs. It's probably not realistic to assume you'll always get perfect placement, so let's say you get 80% more projectile DPS from AC if you use it well but not perfectly. Note that in the Vault video, about half the time it looks like you're standing far enough from the boss that few if any of the first melee hit's balls are touching the boss. On the Colonnade video, the placement looks much better. This makes the effective number of balls be 12*(1+0.8)*47% == 10.2, not 36.
  • In the PoB, not all the gems are leveled and have quality. I've made them all 20/20. This raises the ball DPS to 267k and sets the melee DPS to 402k.
  • For the melee hit, I've swapped out ele focus for multistrike. This makes the melee hit DPS be 400k. This is consistent with your claim that ele focus is a good substitute for multistrike when computing DPS with molten strike

If we plug the following into the calculator:
  • 400,850 melee hit DPS (https://pastebin.com/yh8L5br2)
  • 267,107 per-ball DPS (https://pastebin.com/xnnCXFJU)
  • +75% increased AoE (2x wildfire + dying sun)
  • 30% less AoE from conc eff (as -30% more)
  • 3 enemy radius
  • point blank enabled
  • 21.6 balls per melee attack (12 + 12*0.8)

Then we get 4.4m, not 27m.

If you have any Shaper kill videos, they'd be helpful to see if something's missing from these estimates. According to poedb, Shaper has 18m total life (I think it was 21m in previous leagues).
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Jan 14, 2018, 2:29:23 PM
bump
For Oni Goroshi, do the increased fire damage nodes increase the fire damage proc of the sword?

Do increased burning damage nodes affect it?

Should I just be stacking physical damage increases?

Do the dual wielding nodes affect Oni Goroshi?

Thanks
why starkonja's over Devotos?
Hi !
I'm trying this out. Will tell you what ^^ (for the moment i got only 80k max) !
have to check what's wrong :)
Just did shaper with this build at lvl 90.
Used pretty much the gear that was mentioned at this build. Thanks for the guide id recommend if u like boss slaying.
Really love this build, thanks for posting! Level 72 so far and having a blast.

I have a question (you answered a similar question earlier in thread but mine is slightly different).

Concerning damage on full life:

Are really sure it works with this build? When Her Embrace is active, even with the life leech perks, I am always 2-10 points away from full life NEVER full life, I checked your videos and it seems it's the same for you, always a few points away from full life.

Am I missing something? It's seems when a degen is active and countereacted any form of recovery, one is never quite full life.

Sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread,

Regards

Edit: Ok, I've just tested this and it seems the game considers that I am on full life even if the life bubble says I'm 10 points off.

I'll leave my question here in case it helps someone else.
Last edited by wozzlebottle on Feb 7, 2018, 9:49:02 AM
Played this one on the Slayer. Great thing ! Maybe on 3.2 will play it on the Chiefstan (with revamped ascendancy) !
With Slayer ascendacy change in 3.2, we will lose immune to stun. Otherwise, do we take Bane of Legend for culling or Impact for melee spash? what do u think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info