[3.1] Oni-Goroshi One Punch 100% fire conversion

"
Grozaa wrote:
Based on my experience till now, molten strike clear is actually better than infernal blow. Impact obviously affect only melee hit in terms of splash for molten strike, but even just melee hit is only just slightly worse than IB, whereas magma balls work much better with finishing off some mobs you left behind. Speaking of taking Impact, your alernative is to take headsman, but it's not really a good choice since because of our fire conversion we dont care about phys reflect, so what is left is conditional 20% more damage and 15% area (hard to sustain "on kill" vs bosses) against non-stop 20% area.
My other point I want to make tho is that as, unfortunately, in many other builds, PoB is just absolutely out of reality. I want to show just some few examples:

1) In the MS setup, instead of multistrike (which in raw numbers is % less dmg) there is ele focus (gem never even mentioned in build, which is even ridicolous since we wouldnt even be able to ignite enemies for her embrace buff??)

2) Even tho the character level is set as 94, the points required to allocate all passives are available only at level 100

3) Jewels used are basically nonexistent quad max t1's of best mods

4) If I was a mirror, I'd be shy when facing such steel rings which are used there

Having said that, I feel like this build is good enough to run all hard content, so I dont understand why not just put your real setup in pob with the gear and gems which are used.

hi id like to ask how does it feel to use ele focus instead of multistrike? im kinda having hard time cause sometimes multistrike puts me into danger cause i ahveto wait till it cast 2 times then move out which is kinda dangerous
i looked into your character it seems youre still using multistrike
You definetely misunderstood my post. I was actually stating that elemental focus gem which author of this build put in path of building to be able to show this build has more dps than it really can have, is just against the idea of this build since its 'you cannot inflict elemental ailments' mod makes oni goroshi useless since you won't be able to inflict burning in order to trigger her embrace buff.
Ok thanks I think I'll continue with the tree and gear but just use MS, I honestly think it feels much better TBH.
Say I want to build with only MS, what chest piece should I use? Since belly of the beast 6L will be pointless and its ex
"
Grozaa wrote:
Based on my experience till now, molten strike clear is actually better than infernal blow. Impact obviously affect only melee hit in terms of splash for molten strike, but even just melee hit is only just slightly worse than IB, whereas magma balls work much better with finishing off some mobs you left behind. Speaking of taking Impact, your alernative is to take headsman, but it's not really a good choice since because of our fire conversion we dont care about phys reflect, so what is left is conditional 20% more damage and 15% area (hard to sustain "on kill" vs bosses) against non-stop 20% area.
My other point I want to make tho is that as, unfortunately, in many other builds, PoB is just absolutely out of reality. I want to show just some few examples:

1) In the MS setup, instead of multistrike (which in raw numbers is % less dmg) there is ele focus (gem never even mentioned in build, which is even ridicolous since we wouldnt even be able to ignite enemies for her embrace buff??)

2) Even tho the character level is set as 94, the points required to allocate all passives are available only at level 100

3) Jewels used are basically nonexistent quad max t1's of best mods

4) If I was a mirror, I'd be shy when facing such steel rings which are used there

Having said that, I feel like this build is good enough to run all hard content, so I dont understand why not just put your real setup in pob with the gear and gems which are used.

With all due respect, I was hesitating whether to answer to your post at all. I explained already every single things so many times, I don' want to be rude as well so I'll do it for the last time.

There's no freaking chance you can have the same trash clear speed with MS like you have with IB, there's simply no chance, explained that already few times. If you think otherwise, it's fine for me, I respect taht, so EOT from my side. And I also forgot to add a note that with MS your fps go down dramatically as well.

re 1) Did you bother and read what I wrote? Ok, let's do it again, EF is there purely for the sake of calculating MS magma balls total dps, since Multistrike is not taken into calculation in the PoB (bug I guess, for melee hit it's taken and increases there attack rate twice, check it for yourself). Multistrike will be a bit less in the end but there's no other gem that's close to Multistrike to use in PoB just for the sake of DPS calculation (take a look at one of my posts as well https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2059976/page/2#p15150156)

re 2) There are trees for lvl 94 and lvl 100....

re 3) and 4) Let me quote myself
"
Ok, I made a draft PoB based on my character, I just modified stats on jewellery and jewels (some are perfect, so you won't probably get that, it does not matter), and perfect Watcher's Eye for our build. Just for the sake of knowing what we can achieve.

So either you can't read or you didn't bother at all... You want to include PoB link with perfect gear just for the sake of reference to know what build can achieve with perfect stats on jewellery. If you want PoB link with medicore jewellery then it's not the purpose of the guide, guide should give you the impression what you should aim for,
if you aim for medicore then go ahead, I and most people want to know BiS items to aim for, that's why people put such PoB links in the guides.

@PandaZeus, suggested chests are in the guide. If it's up to me I would go with Astral Plate, that is my humble opinion. You can always use Kaom's Heart or Belly or simply any other chest like Yriel's Fostering which also has a nice synergy with MS.
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 10, 2018, 8:45:39 AM
I did read your posts and I watched a video as well. Both from my experience and from what I saw on the video, I strongly believe IB is just worse for clearspeed. With IB, you actually need to come close to every small pack and make sure you kill it , while with MS you just hit randomly few times with ancestral call and you can move on. We also run jewels which increase area, which makes it really good despite some loss while running conc effect. Still, point of view may be different, and everyone can tweak builds according to their own feelings.

Talking about other points, I can't agree at all. Sure, you can have reasoning behind what you did, but replacing completely different gems just to 'showcase' dps is questionable. Well, maybe you just believe that's the point of builds, I just think that if someone is up for looking for some build, he may just as well (and actually more likely) be rather less experienced in that specific type of build (otherwise he may just theorycraft it himself). For such person, what can be noticed? Setup which doesnt work, jewels and rings that he will never get. So by saying your build can have xxx life xxx dps you actually convince people to play it, while in reality ,for them maybe suprisingly ,it turns out they won't even get close to what is presented. So basically I'm not saying you didn't state you use GG gear like starkonjas 3 proj (15-30 ex) , just that you basically made calculations only with all this stuff granting this build '27 million dps', without actually even mentioning what are the real numbers, and what to expect based on reasonable gear.
is the blade of cunning tree a bad sword tree to get?
@Grozaa, seems like did not understand a single thing. I'm done, EOT from my side means I won't reply to your posts anymore, it's just pointless with your mindset. I can only advise you to go and create your own build guide.

@ColdMiller, It's not worth, I mean point per investment, better to grab all sword nodes on the left and right hand side of the tree as I did in my 100lvl dps passive tree. However, there's nothing wrong with giving it a try by yourself, I mean it's not set in stone, you're more than welcome to modify the tree with your preference. This is just my approach, you can also take a look at other MS builds, guys also take those nodes as I did rather than Blade of Cunning but it doesn't mean that you have to follow what others do of course :)
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 11, 2018, 12:02:29 PM
Ignore
Last edited by PandaZeus on Jan 11, 2018, 8:18:47 AM
Hello i was wondering how does flammability proc with this setup? or do i have to manually cast it? i see a cast when damage but im not sure what spells its applying too because for me nothing is procing with it and i have it set up like you guide says. Im still new to the game. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info