[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
oooh kinda wanting to play this build again... I love playing a heavy armor build with dome. But starforge has become so expensive...

damage wise have you tried the build vs new bosses now? All bosses got a large HP buff since 3.9

This is something i'd actually like to get some feedback about. As leagues go on people who are still playing move to try new builds me included, and to be fair i dont know if i will last enough to try it myself

Currently I am noticing that the wiki is getting outdated in some areas (for example i had to notice randomly that punishment gives -phys resist but is not in the skill wiki patchlog and similar stuff is not logged in other places) and pob starts to not show the real picture (not telling the impact of phys resist, plus other stuff not showing clearly or straight out inexact like tecslam bonkers dps).

So coming back after skipping 2 leagues, from what I understand bosses got a x3 increase of life plus some estimated ~40% phys reduction depending.

Phys reduction is highly dependant on the hit, if it's small or big. This build and HS deals some of the biggest phys onehits you can get in the game (EQ being the other contender), from what i get there is no more permadots for a dps race, sirius looks like a shitshow anyway, i have no idea about the other bosses, but the damage from the build is there and the tank is as much as you can get without opting for dual nebuloch, meatballs loh spam, bloodseeker or stuff like that
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 21, 2020, 12:34:43 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
oooh kinda wanting to play this build again... I love playing a heavy armor build with dome. But starforge has become so expensive...

damage wise have you tried the build vs new bosses now? All bosses got a large HP buff since 3.9

This is something i'd actually like to get some feedback about. As leagues go on people who are still playing move to try new builds me included, and to be fair i dont know if i will last enough to try it myself

Currently I am noticing that the wiki is getting outdated in some areas (for example i had to notice randomly that punishment gives -phys resist but is not in the skill wiki patchlog and similar stuff is not logged in other places) and pob starts to not show the real picture (not telling the impact of phys resist, plus other stuff not showing clearly or straight out inexact like tecslam bonkers dps).

So coming back after skipping 2 leagues, from what I understand bosses got a x3 increase of life plus some estimated ~40% phys reduction depending.

Phys reduction is highly dependant on the hit, if it's small or big. This build and HS deals some of the biggest phys onehits you can get in the game (EQ being the other contender), from what i get there is no more permadots for a dps race, sirius looks like a shitshow anyway, i have no idea about the other bosses, but the damage from the build is there and the tank is as much as you can get without opting for dual nebuloch, meatballs loh spam, bloodseeker or stuff like that

I'm sure tank wise this build is still fantastic and can even be made tankier then before with the cluster nodes like

Prismatic Carapace
30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

Antivenom
+17% to Chaos Resistance
Unaffected by Poison

Antivenom would give us poison immunity which means we could take Ralakesh and be immune to maim/blind aswell. We could even add in death's door boots to have immunity to bleed aswell.

but indeed the real question is how does it fare dps wise, I dont want to count in awakened gems realy for most of them are so expensive it's very difficult to get em. Awakened multistrike goes for 40ex...

You are right, bosses got a massive hp boost last patch and a pretty big phys reduction. Ofcourse if they cant kill us it's not that bad if the fight take 15 seconds longer now does it :D

As for Sirus having fought him last patch at awakening 8 I can confidently say he's not as bad as most people make you believe. The thing with Sirus is you need to learn his mechanics once you do you'll realise that most of his attacks can be outright trivialised. He only gets dangerous in his final stage when he starts firing off his lasers. That and the god forsaken ground degen... that ground degen killed me more last patch then all his other attacks combined simply because I couldnt see it and by the time I realised I already fell over dead grrrr
well... I'm gonna try the build again... but I'm first building up my stuff so it'll take a while before I get it actually started :)

these cluster jewels might have some serious potential for this build!

Battle-Hardened
30% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
35% increased Physical Damage

Iron Breaker
Enemies have -10% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits
35% increased Physical Damage

Surefooted Striker
40% increased Critical Strike Chance with Two Handed Melee Weapons
8% chance to deal Double Damage if you've dealt a Critical Strike with a Two Handed Melee Weapon Recently

Graceful Execution
5% increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
15% increased Accuracy Rating with Two Handed Melee Weapons
25% increased Critical Strike Chance with Two Handed Melee Weapons
+15 to Dexterity and Intelligence
Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Mar 21, 2020, 5:30:59 PM
Glad to know that! And yea it's got covered with league content this league as well
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

"
ZaeN wrote:
Glad to know that! And yea it's got covered with league content this league as well

almost ready to get started, got 6L brass dome, all gems lvl 1 with 20 quality, 2 weight of the empires (one with immunity to corrupted blood). Getting ready to buy starforge and pray that my 1000 fuses is enough to link it... oh boy.

I do have one question!

in your main topic on the first page you say this:

"3.10 POB
https://pastebin.com/8ZMf8aED
Based on the jug of @bolde85 in 3.7
The flask has 59% more damage to account for Close Combat gem"

what do you mean with the flask part... I've never seen such a flask as it is in POB before
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

almost ready to get started, got 6L brass dome, all gems lvl 1 with 20 quality, 2 weight of the empires (one with immunity to corrupted blood). Getting ready to buy starforge and pray that my 1000 fuses is enough to link it... oh boy.

I do have one question!

"3.10 POB

what do you mean with the flask part... I've never seen such a flask as it is in POB before

POB doesnt have a function to calculate enemy proximity with Close Combat (you can tick/untick the gem and the damage won't be affected), so to fix that i added "heavy strike deals 59% more damage" to the quicksilver flask. Also FYI Close Combat range for maximum effect is 15, below the range grid

Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 24, 2020, 6:00:54 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

I do have one question!

"3.10 POB

POB doesnt have a function to calculate enemy proximity with Close Combat (you can tick/untick the gem and the damage won't be affected), so to fix that i added "heavy strike deals 59% more damage" to the quicksilver flask. Also FYI Close Combat range for maximum effect is 15, below the range grid

oh... now I feel like an idiot thanks for the explanation!
I'm going to try and fit in an Impresence amulet with physical. It has raw physical damage, armor, life and vulnerability has 100% reduced mana reservation. So I'll link vulnerability to blasphemy. The real question then is can I still manage to max out resistances with just boots, gloves, rings and belt
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

I'm going to try and fit in an Impresence amulet with physical. It has raw physical damage, armor, life and vulnerability has 100% reduced mana reservation. So I'll link vulnerability to blasphemy. The real question then is can I still manage to max out resistances with just boots, gloves, rings and belt

With enough currency you probably can. Especially with a Stygian Vise, you can always snag a jewel with a little bit of resist on it to make up for it until you can buy the perfect piece.
"
Corazu wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

With enough currency you probably can. Especially with a Stygian Vise, you can always snag a jewel with a little bit of resist on it to make up for it until you can buy the perfect piece.

That's right, res can be maxed np with impresence plus cheap 2 stone rings. I used this bugdet amu rings combo for league starts, later if you want you can upgrade to luxury rings.

Also marauder gets a good amound of res all around the tree (also alira bandit)

Imagine that many builds have core unique amus, this build used to have no res on amus as well because bisco collar was so good it went on all builds.

About the amu itself, it is true that vulnerability aura is good, but once you get a good phys amulet it can easily give a raw dps boost equal to the curse itself, so once you equip a phys amu that gives like +10/15% dps you add vulnerability cwdt on top of it

Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 24, 2020, 4:03:34 PM
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Corazu wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

That's right, res can be maxes np with impresence plus cheap 2 stone rings. I used this bugdet amu rings combo for league starts, later if you want you can upgrade to luxury rings.
Also marauder gets a good amound of res all around the tree (also alira bandit)

leveling has started!lets see how good the build still is!

update 1: at lvl 72 crushed through an alched T10 map, boss got killed in 3-4 hits not much of a benchmark ofcourse. But I'm only 72 not fully ascended yet, gems only lvl 17 and barely got 3.7K health. Lots of life nodes left to take tough.

update 2: 4.4K health uber lab izaro crushed, posed no threat at all, killed argus aswell he managed one attack and died in 3 hits.
T12 Pen map can do full delirium to the end of the map including boss. Encountered Omniphobia during delirium killed him without problem was no threat

update 3: pretty big update today. We are fighting in max tier maps T14/15/16, alched and corrupted. The build is holding up STRONG. Normal map content is no problem bosses still all die relatively quickly. Mind you gems are only lvl 19 and we are only lvl 87 so still a couple of skill points to go. I have died 4 times today. 3 times to delirium mobs, bad positioning and got blown up. Once to a metamorph which I reacted to late to.

Have fought all conquerors and sirus
Al-Hezim - Awakening lvl 4 - Deathless - Full facetank
Veritania - Awakening lvl 4 - Deathless - Full facetank
Drox - Awakening lvl 4 - Deathless - Full facetank
Baran - Awakening lvl 4 - Deathless - Full facetank
Sirus - Awakening lvl 5 - Deathless - Full facetank including fase 3 beam attacks, very close tough. I suspect at awakening lvl 6 and higher the final form beam attacks wont be facetankable anymore.

Purifier T15 - lvl82 - Deathless - Full facetank

Character stats:
Lvl 87
Life 4.9K
Armor 42K
Fire res 77
Cold res 76
Lightning res 76
Chaos res 75
Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Mar 27, 2020, 4:45:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: