[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
Hi ZaeN, I chose this build in mid league when I had like 1ex and 13c. Beside the Devoto is 23c, the Brass Dome is 13c, 2 jeweller's touch 13c/1ea, all the other gears are less than 10c.
Im enjoying the build so far, cruising through T10 without any major problems, except the ele boss like Atoll lol, that shit one shot me with it ice nova.
Im surprised at how much tanky this is since Izaro can't even damage me properly.
Currently with Abyssus and golem and totem up, with mob setup i got 46k tooltip dps, with boss setup i got 95k tooltip dps, I also use blood rage and vaal haste for extra speed.
You think I could go up to T15 with this budget set up since I have only 13c atm?

Moving on to T15 with 5L doomsower? You can give it a shot, it will be slow for sure, BUT BUT

I won't stress it enough to advice people to stay lower tiers as long as possible and to move up only once the level difference penalty start to kick in :)

Have a look here:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience#Experience_penalties

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jan 26, 2018, 11:41:25 PM
"
kestapop wrote:
slowwwwwwwwwwww farm and one shooted in T13, u forgot to mention something, maybe atziri in ur hand or something else. Flee this build, again a joke...
I'm using this build's Abyssus+Dome+Determination base and having similar squishiness problem. But the vast majority in this thread seem happy with their tankiness so clearly the few of us are doing something wrong. For me, it is definitely Abyssus that kills me. Dramatically less tanky with that helm on versus any other helm in testing.

"
GueRakun wrote:
I'm thinking of using this base to scale damage with dual wield as I mentioned earlier. Looks like my options are Blade Flurry or Glacial Hammer. Apart from wanting to scale damage from the offhand like any other op build in this league, I really don't like Heavy Strike for single target as it knocks the enemy back and when we attack fast we're missing some attacks because the enemy is not there. I wish there was a workaround for this. Plus Lion's Roar will do knockback as well lol.

Anyone knows a good workaround to this? I def won't be doing the respec willy nilly looks like it'll cost me like 30 regrets or something like that.
Feel free to comment in this other thread where two of us are doing this same thing (this build's base but with DW stat stick for offense): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2060699 The damage so far for me is good and far less expensive than Starforge/Disfavour/AnyGood6L2H. You also get far more attack speed for more crits and faster movement skill. Really the only problem I have is the aforementioned loss of tankyness with Abyssus on.
"
tainium wrote:
"
kestapop wrote:
slowwwwwwwwwwww farm and one shooted in T13, u forgot to mention something, maybe atziri in ur hand or something else. Flee this build, again a joke...
I'm using this build's Abyssus+Dome+Determination base and having similar squishiness problem. But the vast majority in this thread seem happy with their tankiness so clearly the few of us are doing something wrong. For me, it is definitely Abyssus that kills me. Dramatically less tanky with that helm on versus any other helm in testing.

I'd like to point out that this is not a facetank build, rather a very offensive jug with some immunities to compensate for the weaknesses it has, you can see that for example all flasks and skills tend to increase damage and that ignores end charges while the only focus is on getting armor to put an abyssus.

Armor has its big weaknesses, in a very old topic of armor vs evasion, a clear good point of evasion is that if you evade hits you also evade those "inc ele dmg", contrary to armor that will always take a hit and mitigate the phys part but will take damage from the ele part, hence why the %ele dmg mods are much more dangerous to armor chars than to evade or buffer chars, and i definitely avoid them.

This jug is definitely an offensive one that goes with highest dps sword, highest base dmg skill, and crit. The dome and aura are there to nullify abyssus, so the char will feel like a normal char that is not wearing abyssus. The aim is not to get absolute 90% mitigation vs all phys or to be able to stand in the middle of N-to-infinite packs, but to make abyssus work and still feel like having 30k armor even more instead of 60k. (note that a char without dedicated setups reaches about 15k armor as it used to be pre ascendancy). The fact that it tanks mino slams and izaro while pumping 300-800k dps is definitely a surprisingly good side effect

For a facetank jug I would have gone with 7-8k life, no brassdome, max end charges (as I tried a lot in 3.0). But here I went the route of 5-6k buffer, big dmg + immunities, crit, curses, freeze/stun etc

"
tainium wrote:

"
GueRakun wrote:
I'm thinking of using this base to scale damage with dual wield as I mentioned earlier. Looks like my options are Blade Flurry or Glacial Hammer. Apart from wanting to scale damage from the offhand like any other op build in this league, I really don't like Heavy Strike for single target as it knocks the enemy back and when we attack fast we're missing some attacks because the enemy is not there. I wish there was a workaround for this. Plus Lion's Roar will do knockback as well lol.

Anyone knows a good workaround to this? I def won't be doing the respec willy nilly looks like it'll cost me like 30 regrets or something like that.
Feel free to comment in this other thread where two of us are doing this same thing (this build's base but with DW stat stick for offense): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2060699 The damage so far for me is good and far less expensive than Starforge/Disfavour/AnyGood6L2H. You also get far more attack speed for more crits and faster movement skill. Really the only problem I have is the aforementioned loss of tankyness with Abyssus on.

Just giving some constructive criticism here, have you tried using the "normal" weapons? Namely kondo doomsower and kaom primacy. These all give figures around 100-250k.
My buddy for example has a video of shaper deathless done with slayer 6L kondo and a 200k cyclone :O https://youtu.be/780FQGO2XKI

I've quickly loaded my sunder char and with a Kaom Primacy axe, cost 1c, it does same or more than your current axe+stick setup, just to tell you that there is no big difference with budget weapons/setups. The disfavour and starforge is just the final pimp on a working build.

For example, I am "preparing" a dw gladiator, starter weapons are cheap, but when you want to break those 300k dps you will want crafted rares and they start to cost 3ex and more as well, not to mention going crit route and getting good crit multi jewels, so the prices are all around the same
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Jan 27, 2018, 11:23:18 AM
Great build ! Unlike the KB build i played before, i can stand most of the hit apart from really huge elemental damage.

The only thing which sucks about this build is that is a name tag. I use cyclone for casual clear.
"
tainium wrote:

I'll check the thread out. But seeing it's about 500k damage it's not a convincing number to show it's a good scaling happening.

"
ZaeN wrote:
Just giving some constructive criticism here, have you tried using the "normal" weapons? Namely kondo doomsower and kaom primacy. These all give figures around 100-250k.
My buddy for example has a video of shaper deathless done with slayer 6L kondo and a 200k cyclone :O https://youtu.be/780FQGO2XKI

I've quickly loaded my sunder char and with a Kaom Primacy axe, cost 1c, it does same or more than your current axe+stick setup, just to tell you that there is no big difference with budget weapons/setups. The disfavour and starforge is just the final pimp on a working build.

I was able to finally finish the respec, and I am still at 86 now (almost 87). Using glacial hammer scaling dual wield, I was able to get a 1 mil dps on shaper. So it definitely works for me now. I am using weapons that doesn't cost anywhere close to Starforge prices as it's not even 1 ex worth. Probably each is about 30-40c. PoB: https://pastebin.com/m4mkQmMv

GH is also much better at clearing maps.

Hey mate I'm about to do this build and so far best guide ever read (and i'm one to try new builds every weeks)

I was wandering if it would be good to keep heavy strike as only single target and get in second 6-link a cyclone with brutality-melee physical-fortify-maim + Ancestral Warchief?

This way you keep a good totem that'll hit pretty hard and get a decent and faster skill for cleaning up maps

Can't really test it by myself neither theory craft it with pob (as it doesn't calculate cyclone damage correctly) so i would be glad to get some return on that idea.

Anyway thanks again and keep it up with such awesome work
"
GueRakun wrote:
"
tainium wrote:

I'll check the thread out. But seeing it's about 500k damage it's not a convincing number to show it's a good scaling happening.

"
ZaeN wrote:

I was able to finally finish the respec, and I am still at 86 now (almost 87). Using glacial hammer scaling dual wield, I was able to get a 1 mil dps on shaper. So it definitely works for me now. I am using weapons that doesn't cost anywhere close to Starforge prices as it's not even 1 ex worth. Probably each is about 30-40c. PoB: https://pastebin.com/m4mkQmMv

GH is also much better at clearing maps.

Now that one definitely is an impressive DW setup especially considering it's a jug :)

Thing is, SF shouldn't be considered an expense, it really is worth it with entirely the (global) accuracy, shock and +life, it is like a sword that comes with another sword and then an amulet. (Besides that a 1c doomsower on a 6L still does a respectable 600k+ single target)

EDIT: oh well, you should uncheck at least frenzies, while vaal haste definitely is a thing i forgot to use for a while, definitely didn't use it at all in 3.1 for no reason x)

It can be included here as well together with some real jewels to break the 1mil, here is how it would look like, 1mil with vaal haste 2x trimod jewels and no frenzy no shock https://pastebin.com/D23Unbg6

Btw really happy to see GH on jug, it is my 2nd favourite, I played it a lot on templars, on mapping it's the only one that beats HS on raw damage, because if Slayer cull equals 25% more dmg, GH 30% shatter cull equals 50% MORE DMG :DD

"
Kharn7 wrote:
Hey mate I'm about to do this build and so far best guide ever read (and i'm one to try new builds every weeks)

I was wandering if it would be good to keep heavy strike as only single target and get in second 6-link a cyclone with brutality-melee physical-fortify-maim + Ancestral Warchief?

This way you keep a good totem that'll hit pretty hard and get a decent and faster skill for cleaning up maps

Can't really test it by myself neither theory craft it with pob (as it doesn't calculate cyclone damage correctly) so i would be glad to get some return on that idea.

Anyway thanks again and keep it up with such awesome work

Yep, in the past before ancestral call i was playing around with cyclone and lacerate. Now i sticked with AC as i like the oneshots

Last edited by ZaeN on Jan 28, 2018, 11:28:22 PM
Yea my dude, I am really happy with Abyssus + Brassdome setup. It was scaled nicely to pure Ice damage and some penetration. I think GH is one of the highest hitting elemental single target. Yea I guess on bosses the Frenzy isn't gonna come up often enough to warrant the check. I was definitely strapped on currency (3 exalt worth of liquid currency) when I made the switch. But now I have about 10 exalt worth. So I will definitely look at Starforge as it is a way op weapon like you said. Of course not gonna respec again but maybe will roll a new char to play cyclone or something.

I am impressed with the 1 mil dps on that starforge jugg phys only above. Maybe I wouldn't respec if I saw that earlier though. :D What it is now is that I'm learning the game and the ways to scale damage. I am going to see what enabled you to do it on this setup as I was only doing 650k with a Starforge when I added it on PoB on my char before the respec before.
Last edited by GueRakun on Jan 29, 2018, 8:06:51 AM
"
GueRakun wrote:
Yea my dude, I am really happy with Abyssus + Brassdome setup. It was scaled nicely to pure Ice damage and some penetration. I think GH is one of the highest hitting elemental single target. Yea I guess on bosses the Frenzy isn't gonna come up often enough to warrant the check. I was definitely strapped on currency (3 exalt worth of liquid currency) when I made the switch. But now I have about 10 exalt worth. So I will definitely look at Starforge as it is a way op weapon like you said. Of course not gonna respec again but maybe will roll a new char to play cyclone or something.

I am impressed with the 1 mil dps on that starforge jugg phys only above. Maybe I wouldn't respec if I saw that earlier though. :D What it is now is that I'm learning the game and the ways to scale damage. I am going to see what enabled you to do it on this setup as I was only doing 650k with a Starforge when I added it on PoB on my char before the respec before.

Yes i tend to not include gg tri/quad mod jewels and give a simple baseline. With gg jewels and buffs like shock (that happens as it can be seen on videos) the damage gets reeeeaaaally high

Also endbossing is kinda worthless except new elder when he wants to spawn. On mapping the entry amound is about 150k, anything past like 300k trashmob dps is just an extra

Last edited by ZaeN on Jan 29, 2018, 11:45:48 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:
I'd like to point out that this is not a facetank build, rather a very offensive jug with some immunities to compensate for the weaknesses it has, you can see that for example all flasks and skills tend to increase damage and that ignores end charges while the only focus is on getting armor to put an abyssus. ...
Ah, I see. I got the wrong idea of "bricktank".
"
ZaeN wrote:
For a facetank jug I would have gone with 7-8k life, no brassdome, max end charges (as I tried a lot in 3.0). But here I went the route of 5-6k buffer, big dmg + immunities, crit, curses, freeze/stun etc
Yes that does appear to be more of what I'm after. Do you think Brassdome could be an integral part of a true facetank build?
"
ZaeN wrote:
No. I absolutely believe you its just that I wanted to play around with all the new toys.
"
ZaeN wrote:

For example, I am "preparing" a dw gladiator, starter weapons are cheap, but when you want to break those 300k dps you will want crafted rares and they start to cost 3ex and more as well, not to mention going crit route and getting good crit multi jewels, so the prices are all around the same
Sounds really neat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info