[3.1] Another Sunder Juggernaut

Hey guys, I know a bunch of people have made Sunder Juggernaut builds, but I wanted to discuss this Oskarm-Crit Juggernaut variant and see if the community can help me optimize the build.

This build uses "Physical to Elemental" (or "non-elemental to chaos") Shaper/Elder items to scale damage, high armour and 7 endurance charges for defense, and interchangeable gear for Lab farming or mapping to be a relatively well-rounded character that can do most if not all content in the game.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
- Scales extremely well with investment and can get super high damage with good Shaper/Elder gear
- Swiss Army Knife - Swapping gear and gems can turn up the damage or tankiness to suit your playstyle. The middle ground is still very tanky vs. hits with 7 endurance charges and high armour, while it can likely achieve 1m Shaper DPS with insane gear
- Budget options are plentifully available - you can start and comfortably clear maps with Resolute Technique and the standard Sunder Jugg setup
- Can handle most map mods pretty comfortably

Cons:
- To take the next step for damage is quite expensive. Good "Extra Phys as elemental" amulets and off-hands can get very pricey
- Still refining the tree - but there will be playstyle-based personal preference choices around leech, damage, tankiness
- I'm not very comfortable with reflect maps, even with Soul of Yugul. Cannot regen also sucks a little.
- To go the crit route, this build is pretty passive point hungry

Tree:
Spoiler

Bandits: Kill all

There are some options. This is what I am using right now:
https://pastebin.com/avd1JPLm
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHnBLMFLQbGC2EMXw48EdUS4RPJFCAUTRRxGF0YkRo4GlUb-hynJd8nLygqLdIuUzB3MZ4x-zWSNug6UjrhPC087z0-PfxDMUd-UEdTpVeXWGNZ81n-XaRfP2BBYSFjcGRSZU1lp2ebaGVo8nKpdO12K3ase4x9c3_jgIqCB4Nfg8yE2YTvi0-Mz5BVkc6SfZd5mG-fPqIAouqkGaZXrKqtCa2NrfGuPq5Qr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwAHAZsGjxPbGrsbYyx7PftI402_Yvdl82sHcI93V4mHkUeXP6hjvDvAf8kHyRfPd9kj3MvdN-Ov8S_4K_mv-jw==?accountName=Jakle1111&characterName=BubbleMoney

I recently decided to drop the 4 points leading to Cleaving to take 4 points into Splitting Strikes because I realized I didn't have any life leech. If you have life leech elsewhere, you get some more DPS from the bleeds provided by Cleaving. You can also get away with no leech due to pretty good regen from juggernaut/endurance charges.

If you feel like you have enough damage, you can go for more life or armour nodes. If you feel like you don't need the life or armour or have resists elsewhere, you can drop some defensive nodes to pick up some more damage. I think all the way to level 100, you'll benefit from passive points

Gear:
Spoiler

Standard main-hand for sunder: Highest DPS you can find.

One of the keys that makes this work is that Sunder doesn't attack with your off-hand. You can use any Elder/Shaper item here that maximizes Extra Physical as Elemental damage. The dream is a 3-tier one extra damage item with ele pen and crit multi.

Using Abyssus at the moment. Don't use Abyssus for labs. It's way overkill for damage and makes the traps actually hurt. I'll link my lab-running helm later.

Alt helm

Using Brass Dome, which is weirdly expensive this league. You can use any high-armour chest here. The benefit to Brass Dome is no extra damage from crits and ~55-60k armour depending on your other gear. With Endurance charges and one phys reduction node on the tree, this makes you very tanky for phys damage. Standard jugg stuff here.

This is the most uncertain piece of the setup for me. Oskarm gives us a free curse and power charges when clearing, but with a diamond flask running it gives us ~4.5% crit chance. It also gives a nice boost to accuracy. Really interested in discussion around Oskarm.

Other options here are spiked gloves with attack speed and flat phys. This likely makes resists a little easier, could give you some more life if they're godly, and may straight up just be more DPS.

Tombfist with intimidate is another potential option as I don't think we're that needy for gem slots.

Another option is Insanity gloves for attack speed on leap slam.

Nothing flashy needed here. Fill out your resists, move speed as a luxury, as much life and armour as you can afford. Nice enchants are the 2% regen and Attack/Cast Speed options.

Another pricey spot. If you can't afford a nice Shaper amulet, flat phys, crit stuff, life, resists are options here. I end up using a super mediocre amulet for labs because I need the dex/int when I take off Abyssus. Carnage Heart is a potential budget option.

Shitty amulet I use for lab:

My rings are pretty mediocre. I think they're easily the place where I could improve my gear the most. Steel rings and Diamond rings are nice. We need resists here, life is nice, attack speed is nice, flat phys is nice.

Get a good Stygian Belt with resists and life. If you're very rich, an Elder Belt with attack speed during flask effect, % increased max life, a high armour roll, and/or WED in addition to life and resists you need are a baller option.

Flasks are pretty straight-forward and I'm still debating the 2nd flask being a life flask. Could probably be a Basalt or Stibnite. You'll need to play around with curse immunity and shock immunity on flasks depending on the content you're doing. Atziri's Promise scales both your ele and physical damage, and Lion's Roar are pretty cheap but effective DPS flasks. Taste of Hate and Sin's Rebirth don't quite give the same punch.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Sunder setup is standard: Sunder-Conc Effect-Multistrike-Maim-Melee Physical-Ruthless

Ancestral Warchief-Culling Strike-Conc Effect-Melee Phys

Defensive:
- CWDT-Vortex
- Blood Magic-Enduring Cry (probably don't need blood magic actually, so increased duration is an option)

Movement: Leap Slam-Blood Magic-Fortify-Faster Attacks

Mix and match auras for defense and offense:
Auras: Hatred (50%), Herald of Ash (25%)
Defensive auras: Determination (50%), Arctic Armour (25%)

PoB Stats
Spoiler

Interested to hear feedback about this! Will update more later with screenshots and can do some videos if there's interest.
Last edited by Jakle1111 on Dec 29, 2017, 12:47:50 AM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2018, 5:03:40 PM
"
Jakle1111 wrote:
Hey guys...
This theorycraft is the same thing I had in mind as an evolution from my current Jugg lab runner (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1965844). Dome+Determination for D along with the new DW stat sticks for O seems an interesting combination. The only other Abyssus+Brass+Determination+Undeniable build I could find is the Heavy Strike Starforge: https://www.poebuilds.io/profile/sc/ZaeN/ASC_UberZae . Going crit on Jugg is uncommon and difficult, but Abyssus has that nice multiplier that begs for it and Jugg's Undeniable Ascendency seems to me a natural evolution out of the earlier-league RT setups.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 24, 2018, 4:05:50 PM
Why keep endurance charges (passives and ascendencies) with BrassDome+Determination? That much Armor should make the charges much less valuable and you aren't using Kaom's Way to get regen from them or any other tricks (Ahn's, Voll's, etc) to leverage them. Perhaps better to spec out of those to take the Fortify and Unstoppable ascendencies? 4 Ascendency nodes and 6+ passives just seems like a lot for 6 charges that aren't otherwise being leveraged. The passives gained from this change could go into other things like life and crit as well as going over to the right side of the tree.
Speaking of crit, Oskarm does look like a nice fit over something like Veruso's Battering Rams. Also frees up some mana and sockets from using the more common Vulnerability. Tombfist is also interesting...I suppose you can change them out depending on how you feel about your offense versus defense. Or Maligaro's. Alira might also be a good change for more crit multi and res to compensate for so many uniques. I've never played crit before so some guidelines would be helpful for me to start building with (x% chance total, x% chance per jewelly, accuracy needed, just start with a Bino's, use an Ice golem, etc). Axes don't seem to be as inherently good for crit as Sword/Daggers/Claws so perhaps Sunder isn't the best skill for Crit? Should your gem links include 1-2 of the Crit gems?
What stats would you look for on jewels? These builds are crit DW with stat sticks and have some jewel advice along with other crit info for reference. But they are otherwise unrelated.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2009269
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1321402
For DW dual-wielding with a shaper/elder stat stick, we could also use Reave or Blade Flurry. Requires a different mainhand weapon (Sword/Dagger/Claw) but should be otherwise interchangeable unless we take axe-specific passives.
For your tree, you could do something more like this build (
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/200359
) and go further to the right on the tree. Would require you dropping the extra endurance charges as mentioned previously.

EDIT: bad link.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 24, 2018, 5:19:22 PM
No Iron Reflexes? There are Life and Mana leech nodes near it that you mention are needed. If you go with Iron Reflexes then you can include Blind to make up for the lost Endurance charges...Blind is apparently surprisingly strong for us using a 6% Blind on Hit abyssal jewel or a Stibnite flask: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7sep8d/psa_juggernaut_unstoppable_node_no_longer/dt4ndss/
"
tainium wrote:
Speaking of crit, Oskarm does look like a nice fit over something like Veruso's Battering Rams. Also frees up some mana and sockets from using the more common Vulnerability. Tombfist is also interesting...I suppose you can change them out depending on how you feel about your offense versus defense. Or Maligaro's. Alira might also be a good change for more crit multi and res to compensate for so many uniques. I've never played crit before so some guidelines would be helpful for me to start building with (x% chance total, x% chance per jewelly, accuracy needed, just start with a Bino's, use an Ice golem, etc). Axes don't seem to be as inherently good for crit as Sword/Daggers/Claws so perhaps Sunder isn't the best skill for Crit? Should your gem links include 1-2 of the Crit gems?
Been reading up a bit on crit. Looks like people recommend 2K+ accuracy and 90% chance to hit late game. Your PoB bests that so we're good there. This thread has some interesting analysis and discusses the obscurantis helm that is neat except for not being melee https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2035753/page/1 (unless molten strike or ngmahu?) One person tested that helm vs Abyssus and said Abyssus won.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 24, 2018, 5:06:41 PM
removed
Last edited by tainium on Jan 24, 2018, 6:49:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info