[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Had a lot of fun with the build. Thanks.

Unfortunately game froze back to login during lab yesterday and I was greeted with a character in standard.

Right after I 6L the dome too :(
Things I'm thinking about at the moment, while I prepare for minotaur killing:

1) Using a non-abyssus helmet for these bosses, just to prevent a few deaths. Not sure how the damage will go, but I'll see tomorrow.

2) Switching gems can sometimes be quite annoying. Best to know when you need to swap gems or not. Ancestral Call + Melee Splash really makes mapping fast, however on bosses multistrike + Brutality trivialize every boss I've met so far. Mapping with those gems is unworkable though. So having that extra Starforge if you are that rich is a HUGE quality of life thing.

3) How do you deal with dodging and multistrike? Multristrike does fuck due to having a longer animation. Is this just a case of knowing what's coming and being less greedy or is there a thing behind cancelling animations?
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
tainium wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:
I'd like to point out that this is not a facetank build, rather a very offensive jug with some immunities to compensate for the weaknesses it has, you can see that for example all flasks and skills tend to increase damage and that ignores end charges while the only focus is on getting armor to put an abyssus. ...
Ah, I see. I got the wrong idea of "bricktank".
"
ZaeN wrote:
For a facetank jug I would have gone with 7-8k life, no brassdome, max end charges (as I tried a lot in 3.0). But here I went the route of 5-6k buffer, big dmg + immunities, crit, curses, freeze/stun etc
Yes that does appear to be more of what I'm after. Do you think Brassdome could be an integral part of a true facetank build?
"
ZaeN wrote:
Just giving some constructive criticism here, have you tried using the "normal" weapons? Namely kondo doomsower and kaom primacy. These all give figures around 100-250k.
No. I absolutely believe you its just that I wanted to play around with all the new toys.
"
ZaeN wrote:
I've quickly loaded my sunder char and with a Kaom Primacy axe, cost 1c, it does same or more than your current axe+stick setup, just to tell you that there is no big difference with budget weapons/setups. The disfavour and starforge is just the final pimp on a working build.

For example, I am "preparing" a dw gladiator, starter weapons are cheap, but when you want to break those 300k dps you will want crafted rares and they start to cost 3ex and more as well, not to mention going crit route and getting good crit multi jewels, so the prices are all around the same
Sounds really neat!

To reach highest health pools these are needed in order of magnitude:
- Belly ~6.5-7k
- Kaom heart ~7.5k
- Blood Magic HP cluster, 7.5k with belly 8K+ with kaom if i recall correctly

So you got to drop Brassdome and lose crit immunity and the armor. For this reason going end charges becomes a good route for getting highest phys mitigation as possible. I tanked shaper slams with belly 6.8k hp and 6 end charges (but from my impression shaper slams have an x-y damage range, so it looks like sometimes he hits for low dmg)

Btw I gave up on gladiator, bleed on dw needs some more love, so I went dw on ranger and i'm already mapping with a wild strike raider with high eva/dodge that's incredibly tanky :DD so a guide may come soon if i hit 90 with it, but it's really looking promising :D

"
Had a lot of fun with the build. Thanks.

Unfortunately game froze back to login during lab yesterday and I was greeted with a character in standard.

Right after I 6L the dome too :(

Noooooooo

rip :(

Someone wrote me yesterday that he also ripped with his jug in hc and he liked it so much he was already rolling it again xD

"
TotemLols wrote:
Things I'm thinking about at the moment, while I prepare for minotaur killing:

1) Using a non-abyssus helmet for these bosses, just to prevent a few deaths. Not sure how the damage will go, but I'll see tomorrow.

2) Switching gems can sometimes be quite annoying. Best to know when you need to swap gems or not. Ancestral Call + Melee Splash really makes mapping fast, however on bosses multistrike + Brutality trivialize every boss I've met so far. Mapping with those gems is unworkable though. So having that extra Starforge if you are that rich is a HUGE quality of life thing.

3) How do you deal with dodging and multistrike? Multristrike does fuck due to having a longer animation. Is this just a case of knowing what's coming and being less greedy or is there a thing behind cancelling animations?

Multi self-root/stun has always been a big issue on 2handers, that's why in the progression i put aspd first on all the clusters plus aspd in trinkets and jewels (and jug ascendancy). And also one of the reason for which I consider Kitava feast with the low attack speed a bad bossing weapon (and I could bet money GGG perfectly designed it with that intention)

A good multi animation speed is at around 0.15, which becomes 0.45 total that is bearable

Afaik there is no animation skipping :o That's just about doing a couple bursts when you start to feel a big hit is coming.

However if you watch bosses closely you will see they have a pattern, they usually do autoattacks 3-4 times and then they start the wind-up animation. So when I know it's going to start I usually start moving around and doing single or short bursts.

This exact thing is the key why cyclone is T1 also on bossing despite having half dmg, simply you don't stop to move around, so a cyclone acts more like a moving guy dealing a 300-400k dot (but it loses on bosses with "laser channel" phases, like shaper beam, malachai tentacles etc, there the boss is standing and takes full dps from namelocks)
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jan 30, 2018, 12:18:47 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:

Noooooooo

rip :(

Someone wrote me yesterday that he also ripped with his jug in hc and he liked it so much he was already rolling it again xD

Yeah man I'm also looking forward to rolling this again next league. I loved playing it so much.
Switched to kaoms, helm is starkonja temporary,but life pool is 8.5k and dps for single target remains high,about 600k. Dps for trash with starfoge with ancestral and splash is about 250k if we consider shock. The lost would be some intelligence and warchief dmg
But now feels kind of safer... Before that I used to die allot even in t11,12 maps especially from elemental dmg though my resist are capped
Overall seems like a good build. I wonder what gem we can switch instead of heavy strike,that would be viable with this setup,just for fun and interchange.
Last edited by gabrieltzu on Jan 31, 2018, 6:14:20 AM
Really great build. I feel like it really started to shine when you reached upper 70’s when you start speccing into the sword damage nodes. Currently level 82 and I’ve done up to tier 14 maps with very little issue, hopefully I can try on some of the guardians soon.

I’m thinking of doing a Bladeflurry 1hmd version of this in the next league. The knock back mechanics of heavy strike does get a bit annoying.
Hey ZaeN, just a quick update from my build.
I was able to buy a decent roll Starforge 6L, and everything ramped up perfectly.
Just killed my first Hydra, died once cause I thought i could facetank his barrage, big mistake.
My personal opinion about this build: you HAVE TO buy Starforge to make this shine, otherwise you're stuck at T10 or T11.
P/s: Im very closed to your PoB damage, hope I can kill Shaper soon.
Hi Zaen,

maybe I overread it but what's your 4th jewel like? Can you post an example!?
Many thanks and thank you for the build!
Best build I've ever played. Because of that huge armor I feel incredibly safe even if with the Brass Dome life is not that high. The playstile is just so relaxed. It is exactly was I was looking for. Looking forward to make it in the next league too. Also, I can confirm that PoB numbers are totally achievable. I'm sitting at numbers pretty close to the OP's ones and I didn't even invest that much into the build (approx. 100 chaos without the 6L Starforge). A totally reasonable price for endgame gear.

I have to agree with the other guys, though. This build really starts to shine when you can get your hands on a 6L Starforge. At that point you're basically invulnerable. Doomsower is pretty good and can carry you through T13 maps and Uber Izaro, but investing in that sweet 6L Starforge is the key to bring the build to another level.

My current gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by lDarko on Feb 4, 2018, 11:42:56 AM
Zaen,

Any advice on running lab for profit? I'm facetanking Izaro, but it's taking me about 20-25 minutes per run, which seems long.

Again, great build, think I'll do this build again next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info