[3.6 updated!] Crit Storm Call Inquisitor

Would the build function as a low life character perhaps? Also maybe using BV for single target if you have the currency to sink into it?
"
Lavitz323 wrote:
Would the build function as a low life character perhaps? Also maybe using BV for single target if you have the currency to sink into it?
^

low life yes. but problems are stun immunity and high investment cost.

And for single target to use BV doesnt make sense for me. I would invest in full stormcall, then you have better single target than BV.
Hi just try u'r build it's amazing fun but i must said i don't understand MoM in a build with 2 aura ( i mean for u'r PoB link inquisitor
And i calculated u'r current gear ( i think last season ) u got 40RF / 123 RC / 60RL ( without tree buff ) and no more on jewel
can u tell me if i m wrong ?
and can u tcheck my char ( Grastorm ) if i m doing wrong ? xp in progress
Hey - me again. still enjoying this build. :)

just finished the uber lab - now wondering what else to get. Working on my 6L inpulsa, but what do you recommend spending some chaos on? I have about 150C so was thinking (in order)

1) prismatic jewel - cant find one with the wrath AND clarity, but ones with Wrath (lightning leech mana) is 40c
2) upgrading rares to + life roll

Or

is it better to just try to spend everything to get a 6L inpulsa?

Basically, just looking for any advice! thanks!

Hey Contractor! Super fun build you got there. I've been playing Elementalist and I'm really impressed by the visuals and massive storm calls I get all over the place. However I have a few questions:

1. Your Ele tree skips Beacon of Ruin and gets Paragon and Liege instead which means that you'd miss the strongest point in being Ele - guaranteed shocks and thanks to Inpulsa's always at 50% more damage all the time against any enemy (sans ailment avoid - ugh). Or am I missing something? Also that gear is ridiculously expensive.

2. Spell Cascade is higher damage potential but I've been constantly on the weak side of critical strike chance throughout the leveling phase and Storm Call AoE is already massive even without Pendulum and 20 quality (21/0 Storm Calls are dirt cheap - thanks Beastcrafting). Just by using regular Inc AoE/conc for bosses we would be able to ditch Spell Cascade, it won't clear faster in indoor maps anyway and getting Inc Crit Strikes helps smoothen the leveling and gearing process and helps with consistency as well as you don't have to constantly reposition and check if that pesky boss is still in the overlap.

3. HoT and proccing Ass Mark. It's just way too slow compared to HoI and at least I am better off dropping Curse On Hit and Ass Mark altogether and just playce OoS regularly.

Thanks again for the great build, your tree and gear have been the basis for my build!
"
Grafard wrote:

Your gear looks good, get quality on flask. IF you run MoM, use HoI and Wrath, if not, use all 3 (Wrath, Herald of Ice and Thunder). But actually if you want, you can use Aspect of Spider instead of Herald of Ice, should buff your damage vs Bosses.

"
Intangble wrote:

Watchers eye with clarity isn't a must. Most important is the wrath mana leech. I would buy the watchers eye, save up money for a 6l inpulsa and try tp snipe some cheap and well rolled rares if possible. But WE and 6l take priority

"

1. Yes I just found out recently that Beacon of Ruin can stack with Shock effect, it's pretty sick. I would use it, true.

2. Did you try playing without Spell Cascade? Because when I tried it, it felt clunky to play. I feel the real strength is it's AoE, making aiming pretty trivial. Regarding the increased crit strikes gem: I ditched it because PoB calculations told me it's way weaker. Maybe try opening your char in PoB and calculate it?

3. It's for power charge generation. If you feel you don't need, you can try poachers mark (flask charges and frenzy charges). The guide is just an example of the build, feel free to change it to your tastes ;)
Last edited by Contractor on Mar 28, 2018, 7:00:42 AM
okay. Beacon of Ruin is absolutely nuts with %increase shock effect. I'm sitting at 143% increased effect of shock, which translates to a guaranteed 48.6% more damage multiplier.

Spoiler

21/0 Storm Call - 30%
Breath of Lightning - 35%
Beacon of Ruin - 20%
Elemental Focus (tree node above Assassination) - 10%
Crackling Speed - 10%
Inpulsa's - 38%

I did try without Spell Cascade and I find it smoother to play, could be because damage isn't there yet so I'm not completely obliterating packs yet and could use more consistent damage. As I've said AoE is still massive and I don't need to worry about reposition and where to put the cursor, while only losing around 10-15% damage in ideal conditions (so in reality against moving targets 5% or less). Went through it in PoB as well, I may use SC when I'm higher leveled, but for now Inc crit strikes it is.

I'm using OoS + Pcoc + Arcane Surge for PC generation, popping it every now and then gives power charges for general mapping and I can use Enfeeble linked to CWDT for better defense.

One question still: Due to being lowlevel I can't get Herbalism yet, is it worth it getting MoM + mana nodes instead of the templar nodes beyond amplify? I can't use Acro+Phase Acro either, just level 82.

Thanks much Contractor! back to the grind. Thanks again for the advice and the build.
"

One question still: Due to being lowlevel I can't get Herbalism yet, is it worth it getting MoM + mana nodes instead of the templar nodes beyond amplify? I can't use Acro+Phase Acro either, just level 82.

Actually I would go acro first. the nodes behind acro can be taken later on. Then you have 2 options: get jewel nodes with life, or get herbalism.

Btw I checked your tree. Don't take the lightning nodes in the top. Crit is much better (jewels or at ranger side).
"
Contractor wrote:

Btw I checked your tree. Don't take the lightning nodes in the top. Crit is much better (jewels or at ranger side).

These nodes give a whole lot shock effect. I could work around by getting a innervate shaper helmet though. Losing it would mean 108% increased shock effect (or a guaranteed 41.6% more damage multiplier) and losing 48% inc lightning damage, which isn't much anyway.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to still get Elementalist/Light of Divinity/Devotion/templar Jewel Socket and still path down to Phase Acro/Heartseeker/ranger Jewel Socket. Respeccing out of the templar area like you suggested would leave me severly low on strength and resists and I don't have much currency laying around atm so I don't want to search for better items again :D

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/3dyskX28

Here is the PoB for that, with 2 missing jewels and a few missing reists. Also I'm wondering if I should make space for a Wise Oak, but then I'd probably have to go back to using Divine Life Flask with Staunching suffix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info