[3.1] Ele Crit Blade Flurry - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 350% Movespeed! End Game Viable!

u guys leveling using blade flurry? around lvl 70-80+
Can this build become a Shaper/ Guardians killer ?
What evasion % QoTF is everyone buying? It's crazy how much the price goes up after a certain point.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
"
duabijitelur wrote:
u guys leveling using blade flurry? around lvl 70-80+

Yes I did level with blade flurry all the way.

"
DennysRO wrote:
Can this build become a Shaper/ Guardians killer ?

When I get time I can try to make the build a dps powerhouse. But for now the damage is hard to scale when it comes to end game shaper farming. It's still possible. But not efficient in the current gear I've posted in the guide.

You'd only be super tanky and fast. And that doesn't really help so much against bosses with so much HP :)

"
Bmxant wrote:
What evasion % QoTF is everyone buying? It's crazy how much the price goes up after a certain point.

Because of the change to QoTF the evasion roll matters less and less. I personally look to pick something up at OR around 2100 evasion with 20% quality. I think that means 225% or more.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Jan 6, 2018, 1:16:04 PM
"
Jelbishi, what are your thoughts on throwing Culling Strike into the 6L instead of Onslaught? I replaced my Faster Attacks link with an unleveled Culling Strike so I could sell a Lich kill today and I am split on whether to continue leveling that gem in my main setup. In one respect having cull for the last 10% of Boss life is really nice but for general clearing my damage feels more inconsistent in higher tier maps. Most notably when clearing the heavy mobs that spawn from Abyss cracks. It is probably because the gem hasn't been leveled or had quality added but I wanted to get your opinion before I sink time/currency into that avenue.

Edit: I am running an older non-optimized version of this build. I see you have Culling strike in a 4L now. I also figured out where to put Cull into my setup. So, please disregard.

Also, theoretically speaking, if you were to level this character to 95, what nodes would you look to pick up? I figure picking up an additional jewel slot for 3 points is a given, then the +30 int node, and Master of the Arena for the Str and regen would be nice quality of life bonuses for the end of the build to open up gear choices. What is your opinion?

Culling Strike would be a pretty good option for lab if you were concerned about the last phase. It's not really useful for 90% of your run though and that's why I don't really bother with it. Maybe if you wanted to go full try-hard you could swap the Culling Strike into socket when it's most useful.
* I know you said disregard but I wanted to answer anyway :)

I didn't look at this for too long but if I were going for 95 I would possibly do something like this:
http://poeurl.com/bJgZ

*TL:DR* Take Berserking for attack speed. Drop 2 "Evasion and Life" nodes to fill out sword nodes for more attack speed.

Taking lots of attack speed makes BF feel a lot better for maps and anything else. I would likely also use Inc. Damage on Full life in place of onslaught AND also drop Blood Rage so I could maintain full life.

That's how I planned the character in the first place before optimizing it for Uber Lab. That's the setup I used (on a 5 link actually) to kill Hydra when I had 18% cold res. lol
Last edited by Jelbishi on Jan 6, 2018, 1:26:07 PM
Thanks for the alternate tree Jelbishi. I'll take a look at tweaking my build based on your suggestions. I assumed a 3rd jewel slot would be the easy choice given the power of abyss jewels so this tree is an interesting take. I definitely agree with you on attack speed. Every point of attack speed I get makes the build feel better. I really notice the difference when Blood Rage and Ancestral Protector are not up.

Thanks for the note about Blood Rage. In a weird way I kinda like it for mapping. Mainly because with such low regeneration you really have to move from mob to mob or your life starts to drain pretty quickly. Plus, the bonuses for attack speed, frenzy charges, and life leech are pretty nice in the middle of dense mobs. I like to think of it as a drill instructor that constantly reminds me to keep my pace up. :)

Lastly, I know it doesn't mean much but your BV runner and this character are my two highest level characters in POE. BV was the first time I ever leveled to 91 (stopped because mapping/leveling was too slow with it). This build is now 94 and still going. The only time I really notice it being weaker than meta builds for clearing is when I get in rotas with wanders and other high clear speed builds. For farming lab or just enjoying the POE end game at a decent pace this character has been fantastic.

Thanks for this build guide Jelbishi. It's my first character and it's been great to level so far. I'm still learning the game mechanics but have a quick question.

Currently level 79. POB link below. I attempted Uber Lab twice but got nailed by trap damage. Anything I can do to mitigate this?

For example:

- Basalt flask? Worth taking?
- Endurance charges - not sure if I should be actively generating any with some specific skill gems? Does the CWDT > Immortal call setup cater for this?
- Second life flask?
- Should I just be speed running through the traps, or should I try to avoid damage and go slow?
- Just suck less and learn the trap rotations

https://pastebin.com/YK7WsP8h

Thanks again, loving the build. Any tips on trap damage would be great.

Cheers
Last edited by PinkFloyd on Jan 7, 2018, 3:42:31 AM
"
PinkFloyd wrote:
Currently level 79. POB link below. I attempted Uber Lab twice but got nailed by trap damage. Anything I can do to mitigate this?

In my opinion trap damage is 100% in the player's control. So, my number one suggestion is to practice and learn the trap setups. You are also in eternal lab pretty early for this build. I did not attempt until 85 because I felt my life was too low and couldn't rule out a stray one-shot from Izaro.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

Basalt would be a useful flask for you take for boss fights because your life is going to be a bit low right now and more of his moves can likely one-shot you if they land. So, additional phys damage reduction against Izaro is going to be a bonus. For use on traps, the most dangerous aspects of them are the damage over time nature of some. If you wanted to use it, I would probably drop your Quicksilver as I would value Blind, Evasion, and Crit chance the other flasks provide over the speed boost Quicksilver provides. Basalt isn't really needed once you become used to eternal lab and your character is high enough level. Consider it a way to add additional safety margin into your build while you are learning.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

- Endurance charges - not sure if I should be actively generating any with some specific skill gems? Does the CWDT > Immortal call setup cater for this?

I have never gained an endurance charge with this build. You would have to go out of your way to get endurance charges and that would weaken the overall build.

CWDT would proc on some traps hit but don't expect it to be reliable at stopping trap deaths because duration is too short unless you are flying through traps.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

- Second life flask?

If you don't mind taking lab slower, get more staunching life flasks for your running sections is not a bad idea for a newer player. You could then swap out to your actual flasks for Izaro. Either save a few mobs at the end of the previous room to go back and quickly get flask charges or go grab a drink/snack while you wait for your flasks to slowly fill to full before moving to Izaro.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

- Should I just be speed running through the traps, or should I try to avoid damage and go slow?

If you are new to the game, take it slow and learn. Going fast is enabled based on knowledge of the map and its' hazards. Once you know how they work you will get through the traps faster and faster. You could technically take Soul of Arakaali to reduce damage over time. However, you are giving up potential physical damage reduction bonuses from Lunaris or Solaris to do so. At your level, damage reduction is even more important because you likely have more boss hits that can one-shot you.

Lastly, you can farm Merciless Lab a bit to get used to traps in general and gain experience with Izaro's phases. The trap layouts are pretty similar and, while not as lucrative as eternal lab, you will still earn some income while you practice. On big exception is that they don't have the Sentinel traps in the layout. (The traps that you can destroy temporarily to remove them.) The boss room is also less complicated, but once this build gets going, you can take Izaro down so fast that boss room hazards are usually an annoyance at best.
Last edited by UnseenSpectacle on Jan 7, 2018, 1:37:34 PM
This build has been the worst experience I ever had in leveling. I don't know I am doing wrong.
"
"
PinkFloyd wrote:

In my opinion trap damage is 100% in the player's control. So, my number one suggestion is to practice and learn the trap setups. You are also in eternal lab pretty early for this build. I did not attempt until 85 because I felt my life was too low and couldn't rule out a stray one-shot from Izaro.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

Basalt would be a useful flask for you take for boss fights because your life is going to be a bit low right now and more of his moves can likely one-shot you if they land. So, additional phys damage reduction against Izaro is going to be a bonus. For use on traps, the most dangerous aspects of them are the damage over time nature of some. If you wanted to use it, I would probably drop your Quicksilver as I would value Blind, Evasion, and Crit chance the other flasks provide over the speed boost Quicksilver provides. Basalt isn't really needed once you become used to eternal lab and your character is high enough level. Consider it a way to add additional safety margin into your build while you are learning.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

I have never gained an endurance charge with this build. You would have to go out of your way to get endurance charges and that would weaken the overall build.

CWDT would proc on some traps hit but don't expect it to be reliable at stopping trap deaths because duration is too short unless you are flying through traps.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

- Second life flask?

If you don't mind taking lab slower, get more staunching life flasks for your running sections is not a bad idea for a newer player. You could then swap out to your actual flasks for Izaro. Either save a few mobs at the end of the previous room to go back and quickly get flask charges or go grab a drink/snack while you wait for your flasks to slowly fill to full before moving to Izaro.

"
PinkFloyd wrote:

If you are new to the game, take it slow and learn. Going fast is enabled based on knowledge of the map and its' hazards. Once you know how they work you will get through the traps faster and faster. You could technically take Soul of Arakaali to reduce damage over time. However, you are giving up potential physical damage reduction bonuses from Lunaris or Solaris to do so. At your level, damage reduction is even more important because you likely have more boss hits that can one-shot you.

Lastly, you can farm Merciless Lab a bit to get used to traps in general and gain experience with Izaro's phases. The trap layouts are pretty similar and, while not as lucrative as eternal lab, you will still earn some income while you practice. On big exception is that they don't have the Sentinel traps in the layout. (The traps that you can destroy temporarily to remove them.) The boss room is also less complicated, but once this build gets going, you can take Izaro down so fast that boss room hazards are usually an annoyance at best.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Your points are well received and sound sensible. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info