[3.1] Ele Crit Blade Flurry - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 350% Movespeed! End Game Viable!

Jelbishi's 3.1 Double Dreamfeather Blade Flurry Uber Lab Farmer!

(Gif demonstrates the evasion potential when Enfeeble is the socketed curse.)

(This is the movement speed potential with the "running only" setup you'll see below. This MS% is with onslaught and The Gryphon proc.)

"
Frequently Asked Questions

Leveling
Spoiler
"

I can expand upon how I leveled my character. I did not start from a fresh league start. This was my second character and I think I started the build about one week into the league. I leveled with the standard Goldrim, Lochtonial Caress, Tabula, and Elreon jewelry for this character. I was not yet aware of the affordable ridiculousness that is:

I ran Frost Blades / Molten Strike in a shared 6 link on the Tabula. I can't remember the specific links but it was something like (Frost Blades > Molten Strike > Ancestoral Call > Added Cold > Added Fire > Faster Attacks) at very low levels with skills being swapped out as more powerful gems became available. Frost Blades used for clearing and Molten Strike for single target. For a fresh league start, I would focus on getting two 4Ls setup or acquiring a cheap white/yellow 5L with correct colors. Don't spend too much currency though on leveling gear because 5L QotF feels much better and can be done for about 30c.

While leveling I stuck with my leveling gear for far too long but made sure I was always res capped or close to it. The only support links I focused on setting up were (Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Fortify) and (CWDT [lvl1] > Immortal Call [lvl 3] > Increased Duration). The rest I did not setup until I could equip a piece of recommended gear or until I finished leveling to 70 while farming the Blood Aqueduct to finish upgrading to Dreamfeather and Atziri's Step. It was also at this time that I swapped over to Blade Flurry from Frost Blades / Molten Strike. I should probably have swapped earlier but I was having too much fun with those two skills.

One thing I always did was upgrade my swords at regular intervals. Each upgrade felt significant and made an immediate impact on the leveling experience. I started with some random white / blue swords at low level and upgraded as follows:

I only bought one princess but bought two of each of the others because they were between 1 alc to 1 chaos to get 3L copies. Even with the Dreamfeather I started out cheap and bought mid grade weapons around 250-255DPS with the best Accuracy and Evasion rolls I could get. These can usually be found for only 1 chaos and represent a huge upgrade over the Innsbury Edge. Getting a Dreamfeather over 260 DPS can be a goal, but it is rather expensive and would be towards the bottom of my upgrade list. Your chaos is better spent on your other gear before trying to eek 10-15 more DPS out of your swords.

Overall, leveling this character was pretty painless for me as Frost Blades / Molten Strike but YMMV since I had the benefit of leveling gear to make my experience much easier.

Q: What level can you farm lab?
A I didn't start farming until level 88 with this character. If you can't wait that long just go ahead and make an attempt at lab and see how it feels.

Q: Why does my damage feel so bad?
A: You should be using some good Abyssal jewels with flat ele damage. Also you need to level up the gems in your Blade Flurry setup and put quality on them. It helps A LOT!

Q: Can I run this on a 5 link?
A: YES! Drop Onslaught.

Q: Why Onslaught in the first place?
A: I use this as a nice boost of movement speed when I need to stop for flask charges. It's not active for the boss so it's pretty much just for utility and running faster through each zone. The damage my character has (roughly 300kdps) is MORE than enough to run lab so I don't need a 6th link that adds more damage.

Introduction
This build is specifically designed to farm the Endgame Uber Lab efficiently. This is not the fastest character and will not break any records. Please keep reading with the expectation of generating currency and not rank 1 jewels.

Pros & Cons:
Spoiler
PRO:
An undeniably efficient build that combines movement speed, movement ABILITIES, excellent damage, up to 90% chance to evade, and 40% chance to dodge.
The character is incredibly tanky if played well. Virtually unkillable in the right players control.

CON:
It's hard to scale damage past a certain threshold on this character because it was designed around the 250k dps benchmark that's needed to comfortable kill Izaro before his 2nd mechanic is finished. Essentially this makes the build as strong as a character with 10 million dps because no matter how you cut the cake, both characters are going to have to sit around and twiddle their thumbs until Izaro goes back into his little hole.

Video Section
Spoiler
An overview of my character after I had taken rank 1 for several days in a row during the Abyss League.
https://youtu.be/ws_K8Z-AV3M

I'll expand this section with more videos of end game content when I have time to record them. I absolutely promise you that this character can do most content in the game, though. Probably not Halls of the Grandmaster, Maybe not Uber Atziri. All else should be fine.

This guide has 2 varients of the same character.

There is a Running Only setup where you will be using The Gryphon to proc extra movespeed.

There is a Leap Slam setup where you weapon swap for a lot of attack speed to make leap slam insane on the straight away.

Please build whichever way you prefer because in any case they are similar in terms of speed.

Gear
(Please click the spoilers beneath each item for a short description & stat priority)
Spoiler
Weapons!

Leap Slam Weapon Swap Setup

(This is probably the fastest if you're a god tier leap slammer)

Brightbeak

Prismatic Eclipse

Spoiler
I have to address these items as a pair because of how they synergize. The Brightbeak has absolutely insane attacks per second AND will allow you to leap slam incredibly fast if you want to.
The Prismatic Eclipse will further enhance the attack speed of your character so long as you've got 3 green sockets on it. Remember that the attack speed on this item is GLOBAL. It effects all of your attacks.

Pure Movement Speed Weapon Swap Setup

Dreamfeather

The Gryphon

Spoiler
This combination of 2 items will allow you to benefit most from movement speed. The Dreamfeather maintains most of the damage from evasion scaling and when you need to stop and kill stuff, you'll proc Onslaught AND The Gryphon for a massive movement speed boost.

I used this setup for the first 4 days of Abyss and absolutely loved it. It's for the people who dislike the way leap slam works in small hallways.

Killing:

Dreamfeathers

Spoiler
You don't really need to use Dreamfeathers to kill the boss but I decided I wanted to because of how well they synergize with the flasks I'm using. I stack enough evasion to basically be untouchable so the Dreamfeathers generate a lot of "free" damage as well as boost movement speed and evasion. They're also really inexpensive and so most people will be able to pick these up no problem.

Devoto's Devotion

Spoiler
I would suggest this helmet because it actually offers a huge amount of damage from the attack speed. On top of that you get the huge increase in movement speed and evasion. Perfect for all aspects of this character.

Queen of the Forest

Spoiler
This is the Bread and Butter right here. It's been absolutely destroyed in the Abyss league BUT... BUT... BUT.... It's still the best option for any character looking to optimize movement speed. It's arguably a decent nerf because it allows more builds to prevail with the new and relatively low evasion cap of 45,000.
Again... to clarify. You only need 45,000 evasion on your character sheet to gain the full 75% increased movement speed from this item.
(Most characters can do this easily with just the 1 Jade flask and some evasion% on the skill tree.)

There are 2 options for gloves. Click the spoiler to learn more please.
Insanity Crafted Gloves

Spiked Gloves

Spoiler
So we have 2 options here and each pair of gloves is linked with their corresponding weapon swap.

Essence of Insanity crafted gloves: This is going to be the best option for anyone considering leap slam. You get a FAT 16% MORE attack speed which is going to be HUGE if you want to make the most out of your leap slams. It would be super expensive to get a great pair of gloves here so try not to be too picky when searching for good stats. The pair you see linked is a pair I self crafted completely and on the first try. ENCHANT THESE WITH COMMANDMENT OF FURY ON HIT. Similar to how the glove enchant worked on my Blade Vortex Character. This will sometimes proc and be enough to annihilate a pack of mobs for free flask charges.

Spiked Gloves: This is what you'll be using if you're using The Dreamfeather / The Gryphon weapon swap. The pair of gloves is strong because it offers you an implicit melee damage modifier which boots your Blade Flurry Damage by a good amount. It's a straight forward pair of gloves.

Stat Priority: Life > Resists > Attack Speed > Flat Elemental Damage

Atziri's Step

Spoiler
It wouldn't be a Queen of the Forest build without Atziri's Step. AM I RIGHT????
Since I take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics I'm getting big value out of the %Chance to dodge spell damage here. During maps if you put on Vaal Grace you become dodge capped actually. It's pretty fun.

Stygian Vise Belt

Spoiler
Easiest choice in the world here. You're going to be picking one of these up so you can socket it with an abyssal jewel that has flat elemental damage on it.

Stat Priority: Life > Resists..... If you can get Weapon Elemental Damage do it. But it might be expensive.

Rings

Spoiler
Rings are pretty easy here. For Uber Lab farming you don't need incredible damage. Once you've passed 200-250k dps you're in a great spot to farm wicked fast. So for the ring slots I decided to cap resists and maybe get some damage where it was available for a good price. Try to remember that we're going to need Int to level up blue gems in the future.

Stat Priority: Life > Resists > Int (to level blue gems higher) > Flat Lightning Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage

Amulet

Spoiler
Don't read too much into the amulet you see here and just remember that we're using this item to boost damage and life. Hopefully you can use the rest of the gear to cap resists.

Stat Priority: Life > Crit Multiplier > Flat Lightning Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Crit Chance > Resists

Flasks

Spoiler
This is the exact flask setup I was using to farm lab early in the league. It's what I would recommend. I had curse removal on the diamond flask because you can swap the stibnite for a Silver Flask if you feel like you are able to sacrifice some evasion on the boss fight.

Abyssal Jewels

Spoiler
These are the jewels I'm currently using. They're a huge boost in damage and I would suggest taking something similar.

Stat Priority: Flat Elemental Damage to attacks OR swords > Life > Attack speed if you've crit recently > Resists

Passive Tree - Bandit Quest - Ascendancy Order - Pantheons
Spoiler
37 Point Tree
55 Point Tree
72 Point Tree
Level 90 Final Tree

Bandits: I choose 2 passive points so I can get a bit extra life. Like I said earlier... This character doesn't need that much damage to farm comfortably. However, having extra health on the tree WILL make a difference when it comes to how comfortable you are in the lab.

Ascendancy Order of Importance: Nature's Adrenaline, Nature's Boon, Master Alchemist, Veteran Bowyer

The Pantheon System
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler
In this section you'll see me personally using Elemental Weakness for extra damage. If you feel like you want to have more defense and be more tanky. Please use Enfeeble instead.

These gem setups are very similar but mostly differ when it comes to links in the gloves and weapon swap. Please check either setup for the gems that you'll use.

The Leap Slam Setup
Spoiler
Helmet:

Chest:

Gloves:

Boots:

Dreamfeather 1:

Dreamfeather 2:

Brightbeak:

Prismatic Eclipse: No gems. Or you can use whatever gems you want to level up here. Just make sure it's 3 green sockets.

Running Only Setup
Spoiler
Helmet:

Chest:

Boots:

Gloves:

Dreamfeather 1:

Dreamfeather 2:

Running Dreamfeather:

Running The Gryphon:

Path of Building Information:
Spoiler
This is my CURRENT character and gear for the Abyss league as of 12/24/2017.
I'm trying to simulate a standard Izaro fight and so the configuration is simply setup to test my damage VS a BLINDED Izaro (Stibnite Flask Blinds).
Please keep in mind that I'm using Onslaught as my 6th link in this setup. You could get a whole lot more damage if you used something else.

https://pastebin.com/y2iZAdGp

You can find my other lab farmer here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930275
It's a Blade Vortex build that still works VERY well. I personally needed a change of pace this league and so I made the Blade Flurry character.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Feb 17, 2018, 11:39:15 PM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2018, 7:28:13 PM
Thanks for sharing another cool build! Merry Christmers!
"
rabbita11 wrote:
Thanks for sharing another cool build! Merry Christmers!

You're welcome! Merry Christmas!

Everyone kept asking me for a written version rather than a video so I decided to spend some time formatting this. Hope all the information is here.
playing this build recently ,very comfortable(。^▽^)
Where are you getting mana leech from?
"
Where are you getting mana leech from?

The skill tree

It's literally called "Mana Leech" :^)
Another great build from you :)

TYVM! When i want to find some techs that really work, i allways look here.

Spoiler
When i see new QotF, my eyes fill by tears :(
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Hey man, merry xmas.

Loving this build at the moment using it to get my 100/100 for lab runs. Is it possible to change it over to a guardian killer. To increase the dps it does? Any tips or help you can share would be much appreciated.
"
Another great build from you :)

TYVM! When i want to find some techs that really work, i allways look here.

Spoiler
When i see new QotF, my eyes fill by tears :(

Thanks for the compliment :)

Yea the QoTF nerf was pretty brutal for lab farmers. But oh well. It needed to happen I suppose.

Now if they could only fix the animation skipping on Izaro we could have a real lab ladder :)
"
Avmantox wrote:
Hey man, merry xmas.

Loving this build at the moment using it to get my 100/100 for lab runs. Is it possible to change it over to a guardian killer. To increase the dps it does? Any tips or help you can share would be much appreciated.

You can kill guardians on this character no problem. When I tested this character on standard (before the Abyss league) I was doing guardians with uncapped resists and about 250k dps in a 5 link.

Put a 6link in and buy better gear and you can do just about anything you want :)

Start by upgrading rings / amulets / jewels. They will have lots of dps.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 26, 2017, 12:15:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info