[3.4] 4 6L Solar Guard Spectres + 3-5 7L Flame Golems | Fast Clear | Melt Bosses | Tank | Cheap

"
Cadaveres wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, I just watched a video on youtube where a guy did Shaper on lvl 70 with only SG-s and zombies, and only with Flesh Offering, so I'm probably an ubernoob in mechanics/avoiding shit, or just very unlucky.

Shaper is a very mechanics fight to the point where you should eventually be able to dodge pretty much all damage. I first learned the fight on a facebreaker warchief totem character (and died repeatedly), but can now do it consistently deathless (~5K-6K HP, sometimes fortify, a little block, 1 life pot and pretty much nothing else).

Just taking a quick look at your character, you definitely have the damage and good enough gear (though amulet is pretty meh). While learning the fight you may want to spec into MoM (just drop Haste in the meanwhile). A better quicksilver may also help. A different life pot (like Blood of the Karui) is what I prefer, but that's more personal preference.

Make sure your glove enchant isn't hitting and proccing ele equilibrium. I personally like Arc or Orb of Storms over Ball Lightning, but again it's personal preference.

Also, don't forget the 6% by Devotion.
"
Myrales wrote:
"
Cadaveres wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, I just watched a video on youtube where a guy did Shaper on lvl 70 with only SG-s and zombies, and only with Flesh Offering, so I'm probably an ubernoob in mechanics/avoiding shit, or just very unlucky.

Shaper is a very mechanics fight to the point where you should eventually be able to dodge pretty much all damage. I first learned the fight on a facebreaker warchief totem character (and died repeatedly), but can now do it consistently deathless (~5K-6K HP, sometimes fortify, a little block, 1 life pot and pretty much nothing else).

Just taking a quick look at your character, you definitely have the damage and good enough gear (though amulet is pretty meh). While learning the fight you may want to spec into MoM (just drop Haste in the meanwhile). A better quicksilver may also help. A different life pot (like Blood of the Karui) is what I prefer, but that's more personal preference.

Make sure your glove enchant isn't hitting and proccing ele equilibrium. I personally like Arc or Orb of Storms over Ball Lightning, but again it's personal preference.

Also, don't forget the 6% by Devotion.

Thanks for your feedback, especially the pointing out to the gloves enchant, I didn't even notice that it can f**k up my EE, and I'm sure it does. Anyway, I did Shaper already, learned the mechanics and did it deathless, however half of my spectres died at every phase :). Can you suggest a better amulet? I have a lot of currency by now, since this build is a faceroll in farming, but I don't have any idea where to upgrade now.
Congrats on the deathless shaper. Summoner is probably on the harder side of characters to learn the fight as you do have to get the Convocation timing right to make it smooth.

Upgrades roughly from cheapest to most expensive:

-Better Quicksilver

-Boots (15% MS) and Shield (200+ Life)

-Better Helmet (lvl 18 conc/minion damage and craft life, only 10c-20c)

-Lvl 21 Flame Golem

-Culling Strike Scourge

-Really nice helmet (+2 minion gems, conc/minion damage OR conc/minion damage + high life roll)

At this point it's about maximizing res/dex on the rest of you rares so you can incorporate some luxury pieces (that are lower on res/dex). Some of the options include (no particular order, a lot of personal preference depending on the content you want to optimize):

-+1 Curse Amulet (Sidhebreath, Atziri's Foible, or rare)
-Curse on Hit Gloves (preferably temp chains, but ele weakness works as well)
-Null and Void
-Darkness Enthroned (only if you have 2 jewels with life/dmg/dmg or triple dmg)
-Shaper/Elder Shield
-MF gear
-Culling Strike Scourge

Ex. Null and Void is fantastic for chaining maps. If you're focused on harder content you may prioritize +1 curse/CoH gloves and just swap in Bisco's Leash at the start of maps.
Last edited by Myrales on Feb 16, 2018, 2:30:04 PM
Is this gonna be updated/still good for 3.2 ?
"
Yloss wrote:
Is this gonna be updated/still good for 3.2 ?

I'm doing the same build next league. It is a great starter build because all you need is a Tabula and a Boots of Ullr so you can run Spectres. Nice thing about this build is it isn't very expensive to incorporate fire golems and be OP so as you play there is nice character progression without the stress of having to accumulate a lot of currency.

I actually used this build to rush atlas early league, farm for t16 maps and sell them for 1-2 exalt each. It also helps to have no life friends that play so you have high tier maps to raise spectres in.

Helmet will be the same rarity next league as Elder influence made it into the core game.

YES STILL OP

Tip: Be on the lookout for helmets early league because they are way cheaper. I think I got mine for 2-3 exalt and ended up being like 20-30 exalt late league.
Has anything changed with this build due to the offering changes? In your gear you run flesh offering but not bone offering, also consolidating a section to only all of the gem links would be nice for future readers instead of having to look at each gear piece.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also what order for ascendancy?
Last edited by McPumpkin on Mar 4, 2018, 7:01:43 PM
For Solar Guards, can we replace GMP with Fire Penetration or Empower if we don't like swapping it out for bosses? If so which of the two are better? (seems they haven't added Solar Guards to Path of Building)
Appreciate the guide. It's pretty ridiculous having 7K HP with a Tabula, shield charge clear speed, and plenty of single target damage for guardians/shaper. Haven't been able to unlock uber elder, but I don't doubt the build can take care of it.

@OP Curious as to what maps you think work best for the build. I've been doing Shaped Dunes and Shaped Plateaus, but don't feel like they're the best. Dunes in particular has a great layout but what feels like pretty low density.

@tkensei I don't swap out GMP on the Solar Guards even in guardian maps. I just swap out the GMP in the Flame Golem links. That said, pierce is the easy 'just leave it in' link over GMP.
Hi,

Is it possible to switch HP to ES ?
I'm making it, but I'm not seeing tankiness. Where is healing coming from? We don't leach, and I'm only seeing 3.3% life regen on the tree. Am I missing something? Or do you spam health potions 24/7?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info