Water Technology in Path of Exile

All of this hard work defintiely has not gone unappreciated. The Fall of Oriath release had me jaw-dropping over the water!!! <3 <3 <3
Yeah, fishing is super relaxing and fun with these new great water effects.
When will we get MTX for out fishing bobbers?
"
After implementing a physics engine for cloth, water rendering became my next biggest task - my mind was completely occupied by it. In our gym we have a great view of a swimming pool and I was constantly hassled by my mates for staring at girls there. Ugh, they just did not understand how I was actually captivated by studying surface wave patterns, caustics and double refraction effects. I saw clouds and thought how they would reflect in water. Saw a plant and couldn't stop thinking how it diffuses light from under the surface of its leaves, because same thing happens with ocean water.

Now please, stare at girls and create good character models)

Thx for good water texturing, now i know that water not decrease my fps. Its doing something else
This is awesome i like it , good job ... :)
nice information. But its a shame a lot of people have to change the settings to the minimum, even with decent PCs, because of the game RAM hunger.

Before Breach i never had performance issues, now its a torture i7, gtx970, SSD and 16gb ram to run with options to the minimum, DX9 and even with all of this.. crappy performance
"
Kemblain wrote:
I'd rather have it be as minimal as possible and have 0 possible effects because of all the other particle junk that eats my fps with no options to disable.

+1
Not everyone has a dumpster to play on.
I am really happy that they make the game look better over time, keep up the good work
didn't know anyone ever cares about water effects in poe. it doesn't look like quicksilver than thanks guys, I don't need anything else. good job
Water is the only setting in the game I keep on "high". Looks great.
Yes, thank you for your hard work!

I noticed changes in later acts (5 or 6 I think) in 3.0 where the ocean was a nice light green color as it foamed and came crashing to the shoreline - a change that had never been there previously, instead of the more dark dark green inky sea water.

Many people noticed and commented on it in-game and appreciated the change from the more drab (and polluted looking) dark waters of early Wraeclast.

Even though I did not know who specifically worked on the project I knew the Dev team at GGG was hard at work as I hacked and slashed my way through the new content. I also did not know of the nameless ones who toil chained to their cubicle made the great new 3.0 Oriath content. Many thanks for that labor of love.

So thanks for keeping the game fresh and trying your best to keep all, um, most people happy :-)

Cheers!
Great Builds [3.1] Used By Me or Guild Mates:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250/page/1
Check out Engineering Eternity on YT - no B.S. right to the point reference videos, and more! Good Stuff...
Last edited by Danjf on Dec 19, 2017, 2:50:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info