Water Technology in Path of Exile

Good job
So far, so good!
When do we get some pristine fish AI
REMOVE BURNING GROUND
IGN: NetflixAndFuck
Thx for explain this very nice!
Dude, Alex. Props man.
When I first loaded up 3.0 and the new water effects were on screen, I was blown away.

Now with the oblique waves intersecting the shoreline, I admit I actually stopped playing and just sat there and watched how beautiful the water effects are.

Keep up the great work, and I'm so glad GGG allowed you to commit the time and resources to bring the quality of water up to your exacting standards. The level of care and detail shows, and I truly think it is a reflection of what GGG continues to stand for and why I continue to support them and Path of Exile.

Spoiler
p.s. The new ripple effect when a lure hits the water in the fishing pool is exquisite!
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Dec 19, 2017, 12:27:45 AM
Loved the read as a programmer in training. And know that when I first booted up the 3.0 beta I sat and stared at waves for quite a while on my first run through act 1.
"
Johnny36 wrote:
When do we get some pristine fish AI

Once Activision allows other people to license that kind of code I'm sure. They're just sitting on a gold mine of engineering perfection, surely they'll sell it anytime now
Great read, I really like your dedication to the project. I mean it just shows in your work, the water looks amazing.

Also cmon, you looked at a few girls ;)
#NeverGoing90
That's literally the first thing I noticed when I first launched 3.0. "Hey, the water looks different! It's so nice!"

You did a great job!
"
Saraneth wrote:
People that are having FPS issues... I don't get it. I am playing the game on a 5 year old LAPTOP and I can get 60FPS with everything maxed. The game is so well optimized.
Are you playing solo or with only 1 other player? Try playing with more players... especially in the late game.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 19, 2017, 12:59:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info