Water Technology in Path of Exile

...ekhmm... If first impression is so important - plz... ekhmm... character models... ekhmm...
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
All the new water tech looks pretty great, your write-up of hyper studying on something that seems really mundane gave me flashbacks to when I was doing my own GFX programming work.

I think my only comment is that the chromatic aberration effect on indoor pools of water feels a little too heavy, I don't think I've ever actually seen water look quite like that indoors before. Gives me this weird blurry sensation, as if I'm going cross-eyed.
I never understood your obsession with water, until I read this post...and I totally respect and understand your passion now...Amazing how you look into these details actually! Sometimes I just wander around appreciating the texture of Wraeclast / Oriath.

Very well designed!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
The first Thing i noticed with the new Water was: It doesnt rise in Height, its just flat. When i stand in the Water and a Wave is coming, it stays flat. I appreciate the Work done but this was disappointing back then.
Great read and results, thanks for sharing!
Water is amazing now. Good job.

PS. love the 'Iceberg map'.
Water has come a long way since the early days of PoE. Good job!
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
i strongly agree to have an option to close that kind of effects because its effecting my pc performance.

but if i look other side that work of u look amazing.
Why is this guy wearing a Straitjacket? lul
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Instead give Options to Players to disable more Particles and lower graphics even more, the game eats more Ram patch by Patch!!!!!

Performance is getting shittier patch after patch, sorry but thats the truth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info