Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield mods are calculated differently

It will still be very good but not that broken anymore.

It was 100% clear from the very beginning it is not working as intended and that it is gonna be fixed as soon as the team is back from vacancy..

The people who massively advertised this on reddit and streams were surely aware of that being a bug and probably made tons of currency out of it (the price went from 4ex to 25ex from the time people found out the mod is working other than intended). they didnt tell you its a bug? how nice of them :p

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 10, 2018, 1:56:10 PM
LOL people complaining about a bug being fixed KNEW THE ITEM WAS BUGGED TO BEGIN WITH.

You buy at your own damn risk. Plain and simple. Rather than getting 8K es you will get 1500... big whoop. It's still a best in slot jewel for a lot of ES regen guardian builds.

It's your fault you invested in a clear bug. Don't blame the game when you knew shit was fucked up and chose to use it anyway.

Did you overpay? probably...but that's your own damn fault lol.
"
Pallumx wrote:
Edit: While we're on it, can we get a fix for the "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16-20 Immolate" affix on elder helmets? It currently counts as "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16-20 Burning Damage" instead.

Don't think that this will get a lot of attention in this thread, if a thread already exists for that - post in that one or if not, create a thread so it is at least properly documented.
Right now I finally put my hands onto one, I got it to 18% and with this, I'm reaching 13k and some.

The bonus given by clarity after multipliers is reaching 1150 ES. I got over 600 intelligence, full ES gear, as a guardian. I guess its reasonable. Don't know how its working with other classses/Mana based characters, but with mine, which wasnt directed to mana it seems pretty reasonable. Expensive jewlery, max rolled, good results (35 divines)
Can someone translate the thread from hysterical to English to me? What is this whole debacle about?

What is the real difference here? I've read the thread and still quite don't understand what is the big deal with the change and/or how much less/more ES you'll get.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Can someone translate the thread from hysterical to English to me? What is this whole debacle about?

What is the real difference here? I've read the thread and still quite don't understand what is the big deal with the change and/or how much less/more ES you'll get.

Let's say you have 1,000 base mana, 100% increased mana, 100% increased energy shield, and 15% mana gained as extra energy shield.

Correct calculation:
- 1,000 base mana
- 15% of 1,000 mana is 150 base energy shield
- "increased" modifiers are added together, so the added ES is increased by 100 + 100 = 200%
- Total of 450 added ES.

(See Damage Conversion for details. This is the same mechanic.)

Broken calculation:
- 1,000 base mana
- 100% increased mana leading to 2,000 mana total
- 15% of 2,000 mana is 300 energy shield
- 100% increased energy shield leads to 600 energy shield total.

The Watcher's Eye modifier was working in the "broken" way when it was supposed to apply in the "correct" way.

In other words, increases to mana and ES were multiplied, instead of being added together.

Depending on the amounts of your base mana, and increased mana and ES modifiers, the difference between the two could be thousands of points of ES.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 12, 2018, 2:01:36 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Let's say you have 1,000 base mana, 100% increased mana, 100% increased energy shield, and 15% mana gained as extra energy shield.

Correct calculation:
- 1,000 base mana
- 15% of 1,000 mana is 150 base energy shield
- "increased" modifiers are added together, so the added ES is increased by 100 + 100 = 200%
- Total of 450 added ES.

(See Damage Conversion for details. This is the same mechanic.)

Broken calculation:
- 1,000 base mana
- 100% increased mana leading to 2,000 mana total
- 15% of 2,000 mana is 300 energy shield
- 100% increased energy shield leads to 600 energy shield total.

The Watcher's Eye modifier was working in the "broken" way when it was supposed to apply in the "correct" way.

In other words, increases to mana and ES were multiplied, instead of being added together.

Depending on the amounts of your base mana, and increased mana and ES modifiers, the difference between the two could be thousands of points of ES.

Thanks a lot, seems about right.

That said, I think it is pretty obvious that with the broken way you can get (uh) broken amounts of ES from this jewel. Anyone complaining about it being fixed is silly, at best.
I mean, it seems broken even with the correct calculations, lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
is it fixed yet ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info