Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield mods are calculated differently

I spent a lot of confused time seeing posts about this yesterday and comparing to the code which was clearly correct (further confunded by the first thread I saw about it having people seemingly confusing the heirophant & guardian with regard to which was using the same wording), only to discover that the reason the code is correct is because Rian already fixed this locally while I was away.

Yes, the initial implementation of this was bugged. Instead of being based on the pre-existing stat (used on the Heirophant's Sanctuary of Thought node) that does the same thing correctly (and is consistant will all other "gain as extra" or "converted" mechanics in the game), it was copied from an internal mechanic used to grant ES to monsters based on their life which sounds similar, but is intentionally very different in what it's actually doing, and isn't intended to apply to players. This has already been fixed on our local testing realm, although I can't say when the fix will go to the live realm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info