Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield mods are calculated differently

What do you mean with expensive? On ASC you can get such a Watcher's Eye for around 3.5 ex at the moment.
If you mean the combination of ES regeneration (or Life regeneration with Vitality) + mana as extra ES, it is extremely expensive because it is extremely rare.

Those two or three dudes with one of those double-ES jewels have increased price because they drowned in offers as it is clearly best in slot for every ES build that uses regeneration.

Even builds without Zealoth's Oath / Vaal Pact can use this as it gives "ES regeneration", not Life regeneration which has to be converted (at least the Discipline mod).

Problem is, the drop of this Watcher's Eye is extremely rare AND it cannot be mirrored (as it is a unique).

Of course it is expensive, it even was before the meme reddit post about 19k ES. But that's not point of this thread here.

btw, changing calculation of this Watcher's Eye mod to Hierophant would lower ES but not destroy it (it would still be Best in Slot for ES chars)
"
daish0 wrote:
What do you mean with expensive? On ASC you can get such a Watcher's Eye for around 3.5 ex at the moment.

btw, changing calculation of this Watcher's Eye mod to Hierophant would lower ES but not destroy it (it would still be Best in Slot for ES chars)

not sure where you are looking but here the cheapest online one is 24 ex atm.. there are some cheaper ones from offline guys, who probably havent been around for a while (or have it there as price manipulation)

Yes It wouldnt destroy it, it would still provide big chunk of extra ES (for example around 1.6k for my shaper's touch build).. now the price is ridiculous because it is broken and advertised.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Sorry, you are right. Think I searched for the wrong mod (discipline mod instead of clarity) ... yeah, at the start of the league those were a lot cheaper.
I spent a lot of confused time seeing posts about this yesterday and comparing to the code which was clearly correct (further confunded by the first thread I saw about it having people seemingly confusing the heirophant & guardian with regard to which was using the same wording), only to discover that the reason the code is correct is because Rian already fixed this locally while I was away.

Yes, the initial implementation of this was bugged. Instead of being based on the pre-existing stat (used on the Heirophant's Sanctuary of Thought node) that does the same thing correctly (and is consistant will all other "gain as extra" or "converted" mechanics in the game), it was copied from an internal mechanic used to grant ES to monsters based on their life which sounds similar, but is intentionally very different in what it's actually doing, and isn't intended to apply to players. This has already been fixed on our local testing realm, although I can't say when the fix will go to the live realm.
Spoiler
nice
Last edited by dadadums on Apr 11, 2019, 11:58:03 PM
Welcome back from Vacation, the jewel was fun while it lasted.
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Last edited by Jentry on Jan 10, 2018, 3:16:37 AM
Just fucking bought one of these an hour before the post was made. fuck me
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
if you have to change the mod on the item will this be a retroactive change ?
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
"
Yoman wrote:
if you have to change the mod on the item will this be a retroactive change ?

It's a bug fix so it's fairly obvious it's going to be retroactive. When it's going to happen is a better question, but not one for Mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info