[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
valy25031 wrote:
how do you calculate the aps based on cooldown recovery?
i have 30% cd recovery (belt+boots)

There's a sheet on the main post with a calculator. Check the first page
Hey @Dervish69

What Pantheon are you using?

And cant you make a small guide? Like where to Skill first etc? would be cool :D

if I am to be honest, you can change everything for the better.
Leave chest and gloves and this amulet is also quite good enough[/quote]

well i know i need a helm with the enchant
the rest of the gear caps my resist making it hard to upgrade[/quote]

Helm enchant, boots/belt with Cooldown recovery are the most important in my opinion. After that you will need strong jewels and get your attack speed up to your Volatile Dead cooldown. In my example with 29 cdr i should get to 5.16 attacks/second which is a bit hard to come by without a silver flask in my case. After that try to improve your two stone ring. You don't need fire damage to attacks you need spell/fire damage or crit chance/multi.

I got inspired from another player on this post that used Shadows and dust corrupted with Temporal chains and got some Maligaro's Virtuosity with temp chains, got rid of Assassin's mark with CoH and added Faster attacks + Culling strike (i currently have power charge on crit because i don't have the colours atm but this will be next thing i will switch) and powercharge on crit will go to poet's pen on unearth. Build is a lot more smoother since i started playing with temp chains. Cheers to the guy with the idea.

This build is far from cheap, and has very little room to play with resistances but it's a lot of fun once you get the right pieces. At some point it starts melting pretty much everything.[/quote]

Actually, now i craft this one ring

Gonna change my gloves for Maligaro with+1 gems and run enlighten+anger+Herald for adding cat's aspect
+ gonna buy poet with cul strike and there will be 1 slot in poet or in frenzy (thinking about the gem)
thanks for this build. i managed to kill shaper for the first time today, died only once to his ice balls. build feels amazing.

it was very very hard to get the right gear on xbox though, i had to craft cooldown gear myself and pay 10ex for helm enchant but it was definitely worth it. what do i get to attempt uber atziri? i can kill regular atziri by swapping rings and chest for 100% reduced ele reflect and melt her without any resistance but i only have 5k hp with reflect gear. would uber be possible if i burst her down quick enough?
The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
"
Mile627c wrote:
"
valy25031 wrote:
how do you calculate the aps based on cooldown recovery?
i have 30% cd recovery (belt+boots)

There's a sheet on the main post with a calculator. Check the first page

So frenzy aps can't be faster than VD aps right? To calculate frenzy aps it's just 1000 divided by the attack time on the tooltip right? My frenzy attack time is .26, so 3.85 aps correct?
with frenzy my sheet aps is like 3, how do you get 4?
Hey @Dervish69
I saw that you are using elemental focus but this will make make that one buff from Rightheous Providence to not apply
+45 crit multi against enemies affected by ailments
My questions is: Is it worth loosing crit multi for the bonuses from elemental focus?
Hey, i have a problem, i have 26% cdr (13 boots 13 belt) and i have 4,78 aps on frenzy with 3 frenzy charges.
If my calculations are not bad 4*(100+26)/100=5.04aps but i notice VD and unearth skipping casts until i reach about 4.3aps when it starts going smooth. Am i doing something wrong?

These are the 2 cdr items just in case

what you think about dual curse with assasins mark and ele weakness?

i have the jewel so dont need warlords mark

or

this with ele weakness or temp chains

using this for now, was aiming for temp chains on gloves
Last edited by motoman006 on Mar 28, 2018, 4:03:39 PM
nice build, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info