[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

You need a way to aply 2 curses on enemy. So whispers of doom or for example n amulet with +1 curse is required.
"
Maruba wrote:
You need a way to aply 2 curses on enemy. So whispers of doom or for example n amulet with +1 curse is required.
ok ty, then im in the way to change the gloves for ones with the skill faster attacks and buy the jewel, change the ring for one lvl 80 with spell dmg...
"
mateuspf wrote:
My tooltip is showing 75k dps, and im getting 5.47 ASP.
This is my setup now, im loving this build, thanks for post!!

And im running a jewel with 1.31% Fire dmg leech.

"
streetRossi wrote:
this build is stupid strong, downed shaper at 87 with unoptimised gear I started this character 4 days ago. I hope this shit dont get nerfed to the ground next patch

It's my pleasure that you like the build. I do not think ... I really want to believe that I will not get any nerf haha. Enjoy it as much as you can. regards
Osti smelcami argentino! :D
Cheers guys, I missed the mana gain on the curse.

So, regarding the watchers eye. I've just read through all 48 pages of this thread and the vitality version is mentioned 3 times (or maybe 4? It all blurs into one).

One time it's ignored, one time the person responding dismisses it as useless because they've misread it as physical leech, one time the person responds saying that the anger jewel is better with no actual reasoning and doesn't respond to followups.

So, for the sake of my sanity, and hopefully helping the wallets of others looking at this build:

Why are people not suggesting the Vitality watcher's eye to players that are on a medium budget? You can get one for about 3 exalts and it gives 1-1.5% of damage leeched as life while affected by vitality.

Am I reading this wrong? That's the same life leech range, it will leech on your fire damage and will also leech on whatever pitiful non-fire damage you do.

It only has 35% reservation so while you don't get the (bad) dps increase from Anger, you have room for dps auras anyway. Vitality isn't an awful aura either, certainly not the worst.

So is the vitality watcher's eye a viable alternative for those that want to solve their leech with a jewel but don't want to pay 12ex+ for the Anger version?

Again, am I missing something obvious here that makes the Anger version worth 5-10 times as much as the vitality version other than a marginally better aura choice?
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:
Cheers guys, I missed the mana gain on the curse.

So, regarding the watchers eye. I've just read through all 48 pages of this thread and the vitality version is mentioned 3 times (or maybe 4? It all blurs into one).

One time it's ignored, one time the person responding dismisses it as useless because they've misread it as physical leech, one time the person responds saying that the anger jewel is better with no actual reasoning and doesn't respond to followups.

So, for the sake of my sanity, and hopefully helping the wallets of others looking at this build:

Why are people not suggesting the Vitality watcher's eye to players that are on a medium budget? You can get one for about 3 exalts and it gives 1-1.5% of damage leeched as life while affected by vitality.

Am I reading this wrong? That's the same life leech range, it will leech on your fire damage and will also leech on whatever pitiful non-fire damage you do.

It only has 35% reservation so while you don't get the (bad) dps increase from Anger, you have room for dps auras anyway. Vitality isn't an awful aura either, certainly not the worst.

So is the vitality watcher's eye a viable alternative for those that want to solve their leech with a jewel but don't want to pay 12ex+ for the Anger version?

Again, am I missing something obvious here that makes the Anger version worth 5-10 times as much as the vitality version other than a marginally better aura choice?

If you want, you can try it. You will lose damage because you will not have more Anger, or you will have to use Essence Worm and change your rings. You also have the option to use Eye of innocence and Mokous embrace, if the problem is leech and currency. I understand what you want to say, and I'm sure it's going to be fine, but it's 100% sure that you're going to lose damage or you're going to have to change your equipment. Friend, the build has many ways to be used, each must adapt to the currency you have.
Ok, it's usable. That's good to know.

I didn't think Anger accounted for *that* much damage, it's not the greatest aura for spells (ones that don't hit super fast at least).

I've got a bit of budget, probably 25-30 ex, but it feels like I'd do better with a balance of gear rather than spending almost literally the entire budget on a +1 enchant and jewel.

Spending 3 ex on a slightly sub-par jewel would give me a bit of leeway to pick up pretty decent rings/gloves etc etc with the change.

And would also enable me to just go straight in with a Starkonja's, though you did say any helm with the enchant is good, so I may go for just a rare or whatever else looks good, at about 7ex.

I appreciate the response btw, great to see you're still so active helping people with this.
Don´t forget about the Elder Amulet Prefix

#% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life

ilvl 68: 0.3-0.5 (Eldritch)

I think it is really usefull if you don´t want to invest so much for an jewel.

I crafted mine myself and I think it is really good

That amulet seems pretty sick, and could be a good route to go to top up the jewel.

By crafted yourself, did you do specific crafting or just chaos spam and hope for the best?

Beyond chaos spamming, I don't have much experience with crafting, and I only usually do that when what I'm looking is reasonably generic and would otherwise cost a couple of hundred C or more (Will probably chaos spam a helm with the +1 enchant, for example).
I used alteration and augmentation, till I got Spell Damage and Crit Multi.

There was the first lucky moment, after using Regal I got the fire leech.
Then I decided to Ex it and used two Exalteds, first one was the life prefix and then the mana reg.

I think it was quite lucky and it has the stats I need so I was really happy about it.

At all I think it was around 100 alteration 50 augmentation 5 Regal and 2 exalteds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info