"
Rake7 wrote:
"
Dafii wrote:
"
patchz1992 wrote:
my setup so far i think i did pretty good any advice is appreciated

This is

also have the watchers jewel some to life crit multi fire damge jewels increased and flat

Get cooldown Reduction on boots and belt and get 2 pen with 12% attackspeed

like this two

But please keep in mind, cooldown reduction is useless as long as you play mainly with bodyswap. You should only aim for cooldown reduction if you play only with Unearth + Volatile

If you play mainly with bodyswap + unearth + volatile, you should aim for 8 APS.

Besides, if you play with bodyswap and don´t even came close to 8 APS, there is no reason to buy a expensive +1 VD Helmet enchanct.

What you're saying is quite false. Aiming for 5APS with ICR and bodyswap is real useful. You just have to switch Bodyswap on boss if you feel you have to. +1VD is always a 33% more DPS upgrade.
Last edited by Gluitina on Jan 5, 2018, 10:10:36 AM
Is worth swap ELEMENTAL FOCUS for INC CRIT STRIKES as Inquisitor (because the Ascendancy) ?
"

What you're saying is quite false. Aiming for 5APS with ICR and bodyswap is real useful. You just have to switch Bodyswap on boss if you feel you have to. +1VD is always a 33% more DPS upgrade.

If you always switch for Bosses and don't mind the slower and sometimes akward playstyle with Bodyswap on 4-5 APS, sure.

I mainly play with Bodyswap, even on most bosses. If someone else is doing that too, than there is no need for the +1 enchant and the cooldown reduction as long as your APS is low, because there will be to less corpses. The enchant is starting to make sense above 6.5-7 APS for mainly bodyswamp Users.

If i would take the cdr in my setup, it would nearly do nothing. It would raise my DPS on bosses where i have to switch to unearth+VD setup, because of random 1 hit effects you have to take care on some bosses. But i don´t feel thats needed. I prefer the fast playstyle/map clear with 7.5 APS a lot more. So its a question what you aim for. High map clear speed with high dps and a lot of fun because of the fast playstyle -> 8 APS. Best DPS on bosses with just unearth+VD -> cdr gear. But the last one takes the opportunity to do most bosses with bodyswamp effectivly
Just to be sure, if i'm a ascendant, picking assassin and slayer and i dont have watcher's eye and decided to use eye of innocence + mokous embrace.

In that case, i dont need to use warlords mark right? What should i use instead? Assassins Mark?

Can someone clarify this options to me? I'm a little unsure to what to do about this leech setups.
Build is working GREAT man <3 I started doing tier 15 maps at level 72 faster than my (well geared) 91 windripper setup! Thanks for making this build guide <3

Here's the gear I currently have.. Will properly craft the belt soon(tm) and I'm sticking with the rat's nest over starkonja for sure! Also gotta get 1 new poet's pen..
Spoiler
"
Rake7 wrote:
"

If you always switch for Bosses and don't mind the slower and sometimes akward playstyle with Bodyswap on 4-5 APS, sure.

I mainly play with Bodyswap, even on most bosses. If someone else is doing that too, than there is no need for the +1 enchant and the cooldown reduction as long as your APS is low, because there will be to less corpses. The enchant is starting to make sense above 6.5-7 APS for mainly bodyswamp Users.

If i would take the cdr in my setup, it would nearly do nothing. It would raise my DPS on bosses where i have to switch to unearth+VD setup, because of random 1 hit effects you have to take care on some bosses. But i don´t feel thats needed. I prefer the fast playstyle/map clear with 7.5 APS a lot more. So its a question what you aim for. High map clear speed with high dps and a lot of fun because of the fast playstyle -> 8 APS. Best DPS on bosses with just unearth+VD -> cdr gear. But the last one takes the opportunity to do most bosses with bodyswamp effectivly

7.5 aps is a dps loss, even with 2 socketed gems. Saying that means you don't fully understand the Poet's Pens mechanics. You have enough body with Unearth+GMP. I never run out of bodies.
Last edited by Gluitina on Jan 5, 2018, 12:20:12 PM
"

7.5 aps is a dps loss, even with 2 socketed gems. Saying that means you don't fully understand the Poet's Pens mechanics. You have enough body with Unearth+GMP. I never run out of bodies.

Than please explain it or show me where are information about it (regarding Unearth+VD, because that is something special because of the needed corpses, you cant compare that to other skill combinations). The information i found let me understand it the way that i cut my damage by nearly 50% if i use bodyswap while on 4 APS. (for bossfights with no other corpses around)

I wrote how i understand it here:

"
Rake7 wrote:
Hi Guys, i'm playing this build now a few days. At first it was just amazing and fun. But now, as i try to optimize it, its totally frustrating. Thats on the one hand because of missing knowledge and on the other hand, it seems just imposible to optimize it the way i want to do it. But maybe i'm missing something.

I really like to play with Bodyswap. Its a faster and more enjoable playstyle compared to hit and run. So i really try to optimize the damage and APS for this. But that is the first problem... what is the optimal APS for something with 2 active skills (Unearth + Bodyswap) in Pen1 and only 1 active (Volatile) in Pen2?

I really had problems to get informations about this. Furthermore, the way this combination works seems to make more Problems than other two to one spell combinations. Because of the corpses needed for Volatile.

As far as i understood. For one Spell in each Pen on 4 APS it would look like this:

250ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: Volatile (theoretically, in fact, on the first cast, it does not cast, maybe because of no corpses?)
500ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: Volatile
750ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: Volatile
1000ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: Volatile

So i get 4 full Volatile Casts in one second.

But as soon as i use Bodyswap in it it looks like this:

250ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: does nothing, like above
500ms Pen1: Bodyswap ||| Pen2: Volatile
750ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: - (because of no corpses left if used the +1 helm enchant)
1000ms Pen1: Bodyswap ||| Pen2: Volatile
1250ms Pen1: Unearth ||| Pen2: - (because of no corpses left if used the +1 helm enchant)
1500ms Pen1: Bodyswap ||| Pen2: Volatile

So if i use Bodyswap as second spell, i cut my Damage by simply 50%? Is there any way to handle this?

The thing is, even if i use a second aktive Skill in Pen 2 with Volatile, that costs me a more Multiplyer Support Gem to get what? I don´t know which spell would be worth it. It just seems to make it worse.

And besides. Thats the reason why i don´t understand the often used combination of:

Pen1: Unearth, GMP, Crematorium
Pen2: Volatile + 2 support Gems

That should exactly cause the same Problems like Bodyswap. There are just no corpses for Volatile to be used in bossfights. So that should cut the Damage by nearlly 50% too.

Do i miss something? Am i right that the Problem are the missing corpses for a 2 to 1 Pen Spell Combination? Is there any way to handle this?
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 5, 2018, 12:35:09 PM
how can i pass trought 4.05 Attack rate?
Dumb question: to improve your aps, does one need to raise just your attack speed ? or global crit and multiplier as well ? I'm trying to see whats the most efficient way to raise aps cause items with those stats are not cheap.
"
oak3996 wrote:
Dumb question: to improve your aps, does one need to raise just your attack speed ? or global crit and multiplier as well ? I'm trying to see whats the most efficient way to raise aps cause items with those stats are not cheap.

Crit is crit, it has nothing to do with APS. Only thing which could matter is if you're using % increased attack speed while dealing a crit strike recently.

"
mateuspf wrote:
how can i pass trought 4.05 Attack rate?

Why would you even go to 4.05 APS ? It has no use if you're not using increased cooldown recovery.

"
Rake7 wrote:
Than please explain it or show me where are information about it (regarding Unearth+VD, because that is something special because of the needed corpses, you cant compare that to other skill combinations). The information i found let me understand it the way that i cut my damage by nearly 50% if i use bodyswap while on 4 APS. (for bossfights with no other corpses around)

You have a 0.25s cd on each spell socketed in PP (because no ICR)

With 7 aps, here's what happens:

- each 0.14s, you're attacking with Frenzy. It costs you mana and if there's a spell off cooldown, it is triggered.

0.14s - trigger unearth and VD (no cast because no body)
0.28s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.14+0.25 = 0.39)
0.42s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.56s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.42+0.25 = 0.67)
0.70s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.84s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.7+0.25 = 0.95)
0.98s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)

So, your 7 APS allows you to cast exactly 4 times Poet's pens skills. What is worse is that you're casting 3 useless Frenzy which cost you mana. It can cause mana sustain problem.

Frenzy DPS isn't considerable. Only benefit would be for power charges on crit, but even at 4aps, you're still capping your power charges on each pack.

Long short, you're just loosing mana for a mere dps gain (with Frenzy). That means you could get other offensive stat (crit, spell damage, fire damage,...) to improve your VD damage instead of IAS.
Last edited by Gluitina on Jan 5, 2018, 4:46:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info