[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

How do u level this build?

any advice on what gems to take on what level?
Last edited by Ruencoos on Jan 4, 2018, 6:53:40 PM
"
Ruencoos wrote:

probably not the best way to use it, but I put Arc + Freezing Pulse + Firestorm in each pen. Got to act ten in no time. As long as your resists are good and you have enough hp, nothing should kill you.
"
thedemon44 wrote:
Does the life gain on hit used with frenzy also trigger with the spells that the wand triggers?

No. There are different. Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells. This option is used for Spell

"
CWWAZY wrote:
Hey! This build has been awesome to level so far? Just by looking at your gear, are you maxed on resistances?

Thanks!

Yes. I always had the maximum resistance.

"
Grrr_Arrgh wrote:
Question:

I just got a 1.4% leech Watchers eye.

I also have the warlords ring and am spec'd for 1 extra curse like the build says.

Is it better to keep both for 3.4% or is that overkill and i'd be better speccing my points elsewhere?

Thanks! =)

It is according to your need. I have many different ways, for example. Take out Whisper of Doom, Take out Assassins Mark and Curse on Hit. keep the Ring with warlords mark and change Assassins Mark and Curse on Hit by Power Charge on Ciritc + Critical Strikes.
Then I put Assassins Mark and Curse on Hit again, take out the ring and both are good. Having warlords gives more leech and immortal call has a few seconds more so that sustain increases a lot. I'll keep testing and put it in the forum. But for now the option of Warlords I like it more.

"
gandhar0 wrote:
Found my first Poet's Pen yesterday (SSF), dropped by a rare abyss mob in The Ship Graveyard (lvl 11 zone).
I tested a bit around and i think i will need a second pen for consistent corpse generation.
Not sure if there are builds out that use only ONE poet's pen, or if it's feasible with only one of these wands.

I recommend you have both wands.
Last edited by smelcami on Jan 4, 2018, 7:12:20 PM
"
Ruencoos wrote:

i'm lvling using the main setup just made some changes cuz i dont have enough lvl

"
Zac89 wrote:
"
Ruencoos wrote:

probably not the best way to use it, but I put Arc + Freezing Pulse + Firestorm in each pen. Got to act ten in no time. As long as your resists are good and you have enough hp, nothing should kill you.

what did u use as skill to trigger these?
is stygian vise bis or should i go for the dual socketed unique belt?
Sup dudes, this build is really great and i've been demolishing T14s with it. Just have a quick question on jewels though. What are the best mods on the new jewels for us.?

Would the new jewels be better over the old ones in the first place? The new jewel mods that caught my eye are added physical damage and fire damage to spells but PoB shows a marginal increase in DPS (~1k) or so. Old jewel mods are superior in PoB at least.
Last edited by Polunarch on Jan 4, 2018, 8:22:23 PM
swap the bodyswap to cremation, at least for lvling process its rly funny
my setup so far i think i did pretty good any advice is appreciated

This is

also have the watchers jewel some to life crit multi fire damge jewels increased and flat
For those of you who hate leveling:

Last night I had just got to maps on my third character this league (oni molten strike). At level 81 I got the Poet's Pen drop and decided to buy another and put them on an alt. I got to level 12 to try them out and I haven't stopped since... Insanely fun / super fast + safe leveling. I made a scion as it's the cheaper option, but if I get to red maps and find that the build performs just as good, I might reroll as inquisitor.

So far I've tried a bunch of skills - firestorm / bladefall with spell cascade (probably my favorite besides OP's main links), I didn't like desecrate / ek / freeze pulse. At the moment i'm using Glacial cascade / volatile dead + controlled destruction (will replace gc/cd with conc/inc crit), and unearth / bodyswap + LMP (switching to gmp soon).

At first, Bodyswap was a bit annoying for me and it took some getting used too. After using it a while, I can say I am enjoying the playstyle. Will update once I hit maps, but this build is looking great so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info