[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
jackals1234 wrote:
Is this still going to be good and shaper viable after helm enchant nerf?

Instead of 6 balls of death (with 3 normal and 3 from old enchant), you will get 4 (3 normal and 1 from new helm enchant) with the new helm enchant. That is a 33% loss in damage, so it will take 33% longer to kill the Shaper.

Seeing that this build was killing Chayula and Shaper bosses in about 15 seconds if that, 21-22 seconds is still a viable kill time to me.

Seriously though, the time it takes the Shaper to talk and go through his phases still lets us build up tons of massive red balls to throw at him, and plus with bodyswap, you can completely ignore most of his mechanics and just bodyswap around the outter perimeter of his arena while your big red balls do all the work.

Still one of the safest and most OP builds if you know the mechanics and where to and where not to stand/be.

Helm enchant is VERY MUCH still worth getting.

Out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind the 290% and 500% more damage in the pen?
Nice guide, i started this league with srs, it was not bad for mapping, good for bosses but then i saw that shaper/hydra kill video and i made this build immediately. :D Only thing i can say, OP AF! Never had the chance to try out the +3 helm enchant but its still insane without it too.Im happy with the nerf because now i will have the chance to get that enchant early in the league.I see that im not alone with the bodyswap thing, i use 4 wands too.First 2 wands for boss killing, other 2 for mapping with bodyswap.It takes time to get use to it but it can be an insane currency farmer character with a bit practice.The build costs not that much, but the one jewel we need is pricey.But i can confirm, worth it.We need that life leech, otherwise the build feel squishy.
Does it matter the order of bodyswap and unearth? Right now one wand I have volatile dead and then unearth-gmp-bodyswap in another
Last edited by sivertry on Dec 19, 2017, 6:09:45 PM
"
ergoduck wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind the 290% and 500% more damage in the pen?

please can someone respond to that i was going to post the same thing, and another with the helmet nerf isnt better to take another enchantment?
"
ergoduck wrote:

I think you're asking why the damage in a 3l? If that is your question, it is because "+1 to Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems per 25 Player Levels" to lvl 75 Volatile Dead +3. I hope I have understood your question.

"
slicchabib wrote:
Nice guide, i started this league with srs, it was not bad for mapping, good for bosses but then i saw that shaper/hydra kill video and i made this build immediately. :D Only thing i can say, OP AF! Never had the chance to try out the +3 helm enchant but its still insane without it too.Im happy with the nerf because now i will have the chance to get that enchant early in the league.I see that im not alone with the bodyswap thing, i use 4 wands too.First 2 wands for boss killing, other 2 for mapping with bodyswap.It takes time to get use to it but it can be an insane currency farmer character with a bit practice.The build costs not that much, but the one jewel we need is pricey.But i can confirm, worth it.We need that life leech, otherwise the build feel squishy.

I totally agree, you need the jewel for better sustain but anyway it's a fun build with a lot of potential. A few minutes ago I killed Guardian of the Minotaur (I died 2 times). To play more safe I put Cremation for Bodyswap. I'll see if I can upload the video later.
"
sivertry wrote:
Does it matter the order of bodyswap and unearth? Right now one wand I have volatile dead and then unearth-gmp-bodyswap in another

No matter the order, if it matters that they are well linked. Make sure you see the gems section

"
smelcami wrote:
"
ergoduck wrote:

I think you're asking why the damage in a 3l? If that is your question, it is because "+1 to Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems per 25 Player Levels" to lvl 75 Volatile Dead +3. I hope I have understood your question.

so 500% is equivalent to VD +3 lvls? dont understand that math =(
Hello,
how you sustain life leech? I have atziri acuity gloves and seems to me it dosent work ...
(i dont have new jewel Watsher with that insane leech affix).
Thanks for answer.
Last edited by Life2v on Dec 19, 2017, 7:44:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info