[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

My current and not optimised setup. I ran selfcast VD before I got my hands on a Pen and then I bought another. I focus more on Powercharges and will probably optimise later with Oskarm Gloves and change my helm to Starkonja.
I currently lack 1 Jewel slot but I will optimise to get the one below Sanctity node soon.

I dont like gearswitching so I prefer to always have my Power Charges up. any tips for optimization both gearwise and Skilltree?
Last edited by Tsteken on Dec 24, 2017, 6:48:22 AM
"

My current and not optimised setup. I ran selfcast VD before I got my hands on a Pen and then I bought another. I focus more on Powercharges and will probably optimise later with Oskarm Gloves and change my helm to Starkonja.
I currently lack 1 Jewel slot but I will optimise to get the one below Sanctity node soon.

I dont like gearswitching so I prefer to always have my Power Charges up. any tips for optimization both gearwise and Skilltree?

Your jewelry isn't that good. You want Rings / Amulet with Life, Res. and damage mods:
- spell damage, fire damage, Global critical strike chance / multiplier, elemental damage...

Same apply to your jewels, you'd need with flat fire damage or other rolls like for rings / amulet.

You'd also want life on your boots to be able to lower them a bit on ring if you can't afford real expensive ones.

An atziri's promise for flask is a great DPS / Survivability boost.
Running this build, enjoying it quite a bit. Has utterly demolished up to t15 mapping without even breaking a sweat (though I have to remove Bodyswap during boss fights). And I don't even have the helmet enchant.
Haven't tried the Guardians or the Red Elder yet with it, but I predict running into survivability issues because my only source of leech is Warlord's Mark. It seems like every time I check the price on those jewels the price goes up, so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford one.

Either way though, fantastic build. It's so fun to play that I expect GGG to nerf it significantly next league.

My mediocre gear:
Spoiler

Any new update video of the nerf to the helmet

Planning to convert my Berserker Volatile Dead to this build

But op some problem in your POB

resis is very low but have insane damage
is that the optimised we should be looking at?
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
"
Pantheon??

It is already in the build

"
How's the leech like against bosses that are immune or have high curse resistance thus rendering warlock's mark useless?

Then you really need the watcher's jewel and the boots enchants. They're really important. Also, atziri's promise.

I skipped that option. Refflect ele and immune curse, since without the jewel it is difficult. Today I'm going to try to kill Shaper. Wish me luck haha.

"
I´m not sure what helmet i should use... a rat´s nest with the enchant for 5-6ex or a lightpoacher for 7ex. Rat´s nest is probably way better in high tier maps but lightpoacher give´s much more clearspeed in lower tiers. Someone tested both already? My budget is 12ex right now

How do u feel about Rat´s Nest over Starkonja? In Path of Building i get about 2% more damage but lose 220 Life, is it really worth it? On the other side the Enchant on Rat´s Nest is about 4-5ex cheaper

I buy Rat's nest at 200c, for the end game I recommend 100% to have the helmet enchanted. If I have to choose, I would choose Starkonja's. lightpoacher is good for clear speed nothing more.

"
I'm curently trying different links:

Gloves:
CWDT + Immortal Call + Warlord's Mark

Boots:
Blasphemy + Assassin's Mark + Anger

When taking damage, you trigger Immortal Call and Warlord's Mark (which allows for Instruments of Virtue spell casting effect). The only moment you'd need leech is when you're taking damage. It's not possible to have both curses on Blasphemy and keeping anger sadly...

It's a less expensive solution while searching for COH rings...

Very good, I see it very well to play with Bodyswap.

"
What nodes on the skill tree should i focus on moving towards first?

First all the nodes of Templar, go to the witch, go to the shadow and then take life in scion to start making maps.

"
Running this build, enjoying it quite a bit. Has utterly demolished up to t15 mapping without even breaking a sweat (though I have to remove Bodyswap during boss fights). And I don't even have the helmet enchant.
Haven't tried the Guardians or the Red Elder yet with it, but I predict running into survivability issues because my only source of leech is Warlord's Mark. It seems like every time I check the price on those jewels the price goes up, so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford one.

Either way though, fantastic build. It's so fun to play that I expect GGG to nerf it significantly next league.

I was like you, yesterday I got a helmet with enchant +1, but before that I was able to kill all the guardians and today I will try Shaper. I do not know how I will go without the jewel but if I fail, I know that the build can make it easy.
Thanks for your words, help put more effort into the build. Enjoy

"

I've uploaded new videos
I'll review it better, I'll also make a guide as a scion, but I need a little time.

I decided to take Starkonja for the enchant and my DPS is pretty damn good right now... about 170k effective. in Path of Building (missing uber lab because the layout today was terrible). The Problem now is that i´m still just as squishy as my previous MF Raider Windripper build (had 5000 Life but the leech was great because of many leech nodes from claw and regular leech nodes) i get pretty much one shooted by certain rares/bosses with 6200 life. I still don´t want to invest 10ex for a jewel with 1,35 leech.

What options do we have for more survivability? (I´m level 82)

My current gear :
Spoiler

Flasks :
Spoiler
"
pro2017 wrote:

You should have a second life potion, trust me it's really useful.

Also if people want to see some gameplay, I'm streaming all my sessions on Twitch. (trying some different gear)
"
xFL0W wrote:
I decided to take Starkonja for the enchant and my DPS is pretty damn good right now... about 170k effective. in Path of Building (missing uber lab because the layout today was terrible). The Problem now is that i´m still just as squishy as my previous MF Raider Windripper build (had 5000 Life but the leech was great because of many leech nodes from claw and regular leech nodes) i get pretty much one shooted by certain rares/bosses with 6200 life. I still don´t want to invest 10ex for a jewel with 1,35 leech.

What options do we have for more survivability? (I´m level 82)

My current gear :
Spoiler

Flasks :
Spoiler

Whispers of Doom to use a second curse. Warlord's Mark + Assassin's Mark, That will make your sustain increase.

"
You should have a second life potion, trust me it's really useful.

Also if people want to see some gameplay, I'm streaming all my sessions on Twitch. (trying some different gear)

You do not need another potion of life. I do not recommend it. But if you feel that it's okay, go ahead.
Hey, enjoying this build very much but even normal atziri seems undoable. cant controll my balls any way and mirror is just instakill ;/ Any ideas/advices? tried reflect pantheon but didnt help even a little bit.
"
suitonek wrote:
Hey, enjoying this build very much but even normal atziri seems undoable. cant controll my balls any way and mirror is just instakill ;/ Any ideas/advices? tried reflect pantheon but didnt help even a little bit.

Maybe include a Sibyl's Lament for that fight in particular in conjunction with the reflect pantheon? As long as you're leeching on top of that you may be alright.

Otherwise, and likely the better option, is to just set up a 4-Link skill, especially with the new shaper/elder mods you can achieve a 5 or 6 link, and make it a skill more controllable to take care of that phase in particular.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info