[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

"
Margambro wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me where to put the Inspired Learning Jewel (yes, I know where I Could put it, so keep it clean :). I'm playing the Inquisitor version of the build. Any help would be appreciated.

Put in between Mind and Blood drinker where you'll have 4 notables
Hi sorry about this, especially if the answer is obvious but what is the "W E" prefix/suffix referred to in the build guide/

Cheers in anticipation
"
dacamell wrote:
I'm currently leveling this character but what do you recommend curse wise and item wise for hc? Do you think just using Chernobog's Pillar is enough? Is it not worth running blasphemy enfeeble due to losing so much mana? Also I'm currently using elemental overload as a inquisitor how much crit should I have before removing ele overload?

Hey,

Chernobog's Pillar & Elemental Overload are only used in the Elementalist verison, they are not included in this build guide thread at all...?

Cherno will ruin your assassin's mark cursing which means you won't generate power charges, so that's a big no-go! EE will ruin your crit multi, which again, is a HUGE no-go!

"
Margambro wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me where to put the Inspired Learning Jewel (yes, I know where I Could put it, so keep it clean :). I'm playing the Inquisitor version of the build. Any help would be appreciated.

The jewel slot on the right side, just above "Blood Drinker" make sure you have the notables specced or it won't work :)

What @mmrmeeka wrote!

"
Margambro wrote:
Hi sorry about this, especially if the answer is obvious but what is the "W E" prefix/suffix referred to in the build guide/

Cheers in anticipation

Hey,

"w/e" = what ever, as in, it doesn't matter what you have pretty much, use what ever floats your boat :D

Also, the flasks are how I prefer to run the build, some might prefer other flask setups than what I prefer.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
awesome build playing it right now!!!
Last edited by FrostChaser on Jan 14, 2018, 4:20:21 PM
Made it to level 92 yesterday with my version of this VD build. Went into red maps and so far they are not giving any trouble. Just trying to stay as far away from the boss as possible while casting VD and manually dodging any attacks coming my way. Bosses are usually down with a few casts. I’m using Vaal summon skeletons a lot on the bosses. They keep em busy while I spam VD. Uber lab is pretty easy with this build, just avoid Izaro’s attacks by moving, casting, moving etc. For the final stage I linked culling strike to cremation and he was down in seconds.

Defense is a bit of a problem so hard mobs and bosses that are in my face are very dangerous. I have 4.7k life, 700 ES and 2k mana with MoM. I use a dual curse set up linked to CWDT but I’m starting to doubt whether this is worth the points in the tree. My only leech comes from atziri’s flask and I’d like to have some leech of off fire damage continuously. I am using a nice wand with high crit and cast speed and I fear a doryani’s catalyst will drop my crit and DPS too much. Maybe I should look for a good ring with fire damage leech on it but they are probably expensive.

This is my current gear:
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
why the major difference in skills for the witch vs the Templar. the build guide is for the witch
since we're in the abyss league, Is the regular gems better or rolling Fire damage on spells + fire damage with shield on spells better?
"
DrakeVincent wrote:
since we're in the abyss league, Is the regular gems better or rolling Fire damage on spells + fire damage with shield on spells better?

In my opinion the Abyss Jewels are better. They are relatively cheap and offer good extra DPS.

I have a question as well.. I have a couple of sets for Atziri but I know I will one-shot myself if my VD projectiles hit the wrong Atziri clone. Did anyone here kill Atziri and if so how did you adapt? Use totems or just use a different single target spell?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
FrostChaser wrote:
awesome build playing it right now!!!

Yey :D

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Made it to level 92 yesterday with my version of this VD build. Went into red maps and so far they are not giving any trouble. Just trying to stay as far away from the boss as possible while casting VD and manually dodging any attacks coming my way. Bosses are usually down with a few casts. I’m using Vaal summon skeletons a lot on the bosses. They keep em busy while I spam VD. Uber lab is pretty easy with this build, just avoid Izaro’s attacks by moving, casting, moving etc. For the final stage I linked culling strike to cremation and he was down in seconds.

Defense is a bit of a problem so hard mobs and bosses that are in my face are very dangerous. I have 4.7k life, 700 ES and 2k mana with MoM. I use a dual curse set up linked to CWDT but I’m starting to doubt whether this is worth the points in the tree. My only leech comes from atziri’s flask and I’d like to have some leech of off fire damage continuously. I am using a nice wand with high crit and cast speed and I fear a doryani’s catalyst will drop my crit and DPS too much. Maybe I should look for a good ring with fire damage leech on it but they are probably expensive.

This is my current gear:

eHP feels a bit low which is causing the issues you stated, though everything else looks very solid to me :)

Thanks for sharing!

"
Usmcgruntz wrote:
why the major difference in skills for the witch vs the Templar. the build guide is for the witch

Inquisitor is crit based and most likely the better version of the 2 till they fix the Elementalist Ascendancy nodes which is in the making from GGG. However, if you wish to play an Elementalist then VD is probably one of the best builds you can do with it, that or a Poet's Pen version.

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
DrakeVincent wrote:

In my opinion the Abyss Jewels are better. They are relatively cheap and offer good extra DPS.

I have a question as well.. I have a couple of sets for Atziri but I know I will one-shot myself if my VD projectiles hit the wrong Atziri clone. Did anyone here kill Atziri and if so how did you adapt? Use totems or just use a different single target spell?

Abyss Jewels are top tier, though after this league you should go with what ever jewel grants you the most damage simply :)

You're correct about the mirror clone making you 1 shot yourself, simply switch around your links and use Cremation for the split phase with as many links as you can from your gear :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Just started your guide 2 minutes ago.
I dont have any question.
I just logged to say "Thank You" becausee, every single league (im a super casual), i end up playing one of your builds (Umbrella Apocalypse, ED Trickster just to name couple).

Your guides are always very easy to understand, detailed enough, but doesnt make noobs like me tilt out for the huge amount of deep "theorycrafting" details.

Thank You.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info