[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

HI

I am up to lvl 78 and am looking for some advice on a few fronts. I will replace my Doryani's with a shield to up life/res and also am in the process of upgrading rings etc.

1. Should I keep both the Starjonka's and Oskarm's?

2. Should I run clarity?

3. Why don't we spend 2 points into soul Siphon for 10 mana, +26% mana regen and 5 on kill, seems better than the mana regen nodes off of elementalist?

4. On game play: I use left mouse to move, centre mouse for VD and right mouse for Desecrate. Is this a noob set up? It seems to make it hard to move and lay stuff down. Should I move then to R and T for example and move lesser used stuff like Vaal Grace and Spell Totem to the mouse buttons? What do the better players do?

5. A fourth Grand Spectrum gives me about another 500 mana is that worth doing?

6. My life still seems a bit low even if I get some decent life on my rings etc, what is an acceptable amount at lvl 85ish?

7. I used a Maligaro's Cruelty until I got my hands on a Starjonka's, there are not many stats but only cost 2 alt and got the power charges going really well, might want to add as a leveling piece.

Thanks
4. i assume because against trash you dont have mana problems only in longer boss fights, which mostly does not have many little ones to kill.

5. it is limited to 3 max.

6. i am at 5600HP at the moment with level 89 and it seems fine at the moment

"
Could a Devoto's replace Starkonja?

I'd rather use Starkonja tbh, provides better stats for the builds needs imo.

"
I bought
and
and you said somewhere in the forums that you can get lightpoachers instead of the gloves. Why is that? And do I just replace them with rare gloves?

The Lightpoacher allows you to link GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark which does the same as the gloves :)

"
Mazze00 wrote:
I am new to the game and maybe i have just missed the part in which it was mentioned but, how do i proc Power Charges without the Power Charge on Crit gem ?

Welcome in then!

Oskarm gloves provides Assassin's Mark on hit with your hits, or you could use a Lightpoacher as mentioned above with GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark linked as well :)

"
Granox wrote:
Is there a better 1 hand weapon than Doryani's Catalyst that anyone has found ???

The Elementalist version uses Doryani's Catalyst, the Inquisitor version is not as described in the guide you want to get a spell dmg and crit based dagger instead!

"
Y_u_Y_u_S wrote:
Hi. Nice build. You did not try such an assassin build?

I made this as an Elementalist & Inquisitor I personally believe both to be stronger than the Assassin class.

"
eitiel10 wrote:
i didn't get the point of using spell cascade and why not using something like spell echo to increase the amount of summoned bodies and the amount of explosice orbs
thank you for your assistance!

Cascade makes the spell happen 3 times, Desecrate generates 5 corpses and has a max corpse limit of 15, so Cascade supported desecrate generates max corpses in 1 cast. Spell Echo would only make the spell twice in succession which means 10 corpses.

Spell Echo vs Cascade for VD:
The Echo means each ball does more damage which is optimal for bosses but Cascade generates more balls allowing for a much smoother trash clearing setup and works very fine for bosses as well.

"
Kanguranan wrote:
HI

I am up to lvl 78 and am looking for some advice on a few fronts. I will replace my Doryani's with a shield to up life/res and also am in the process of upgrading rings etc.

1. Should I keep both the Starjonka's and Oskarm's?

2. Should I run clarity?

3. Why don't we spend 2 points into soul Siphon for 10 mana, +26% mana regen and 5 on kill, seems better than the mana regen nodes off of elementalist?

4. On game play: I use left mouse to move, centre mouse for VD and right mouse for Desecrate. Is this a noob set up? It seems to make it hard to move and lay stuff down. Should I move then to R and T for example and move lesser used stuff like Vaal Grace and Spell Totem to the mouse buttons? What do the better players do?

5. A fourth Grand Spectrum gives me about another 500 mana is that worth doing?

6. My life still seems a bit low even if I get some decent life on my rings etc, what is an acceptable amount at lvl 85ish?

7. I used a Maligaro's Cruelty until I got my hands on a Starjonka's, there are not many stats but only cost 2 alt and got the power charges going really well, might want to add as a leveling piece.

Thanks

Hey,

1) I would use Starkonja's & Oskarm personally. Some prefer rare gloves or Maligaro's Virtuosity with Lightpoachers though.

2) I like having Clarity for the security of sustaining my eHP mana pool.

3) Mana regen is not to be easily discarded since it's based of your max mana pool which should be pretty big in this build :)

4) The way you have your keybinds is totally up to you. My personal setup is to use
LMB = movement
MiddleMB = movement skill
RMB = Main Attack/Spell skill
R = Desecrate

those are my main keys I never change if Desecrate is enabled and I tend to have Q for secondary skills and E for totems and T for things like offerings when playing summoner. Though again, it is all a matter of taste, if you feel you're having issues, change them around.

5) Grand Spectrums are limited to 3.

6) Around that lvl you want to have 5k+ HP with enough unreserved mana to sustain whatever MoM % effect you have (30% = 42.8% of your life should be unreserved mana /// 40% = 66.6% of your life should be unreserved mana)

7) There are almost a 100 different lvling items I could add to the guide, I added the ones I personally prefer to the guide :) (I'm also limited by GGG in how many words I get to use in a guide so I have to keep it short in some sections :/ )

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi Ghazzy (and all the other contributors :) )

Many thanks for the build. I'm having a lot of fun with it

I have 2 questions though

- VD sometimes just doesn't want cast and I find myself clicking like crazy to get it casted. That caused me a lot of undesired deaths (yeah, softcore unexperienced player). Am I missing something ? It seems like it doesn't cast if I specifically target a living mob which stands on corpses. Is there a way to force the cast ?
- Would 2 nicely rolled Void Batteries be efficient? We can end up with 8 Power charges and deal tons of damages, right?
Last edited by Kazedsama on Jan 8, 2018, 10:57:50 AM
Hey Ghazzy! Thanks for good guide!
I'm trying to count which way my Inquisitor will do the most damage.

Currently I'm using Oskarm + Lightpoacher + 2 catalyst's

Also, I have found good enough dagger.Which way are better double daggers like those or double catalysts? Catalyst+shield / Dagger + shield? Double Voidbatteries?

I'm not sure about which weapon to drop for better DPS and survivability.
This build really need a shield to increase clear speed? My skill tree doesn't have % attack speed so this could be even slower than just flame dash. My current DPS with power charges ~170k and crit 67%

I will accept any bits of advice you or other "pilots" have :)

My character in Path of building
https://pastebin.com/MDG1P2ys
So I am playing softcore and I know its been posted here before but for clarification I am using Starkonja's Head. If I switch off of that to the Lightpoacher (I'm looking for more damage) with your mentioned stated setup now I don't need the gloves. Got it.
However, Now I am missing a piece of gear which had 4 sockets in it. So which would mean my cremation setup and desecrate setups being in my boots/gloves. So with shield charge + faster attacks + fort in my wep, and cwdt + IC + lightning golem in my shield. Do I Just forget about spell totem + skelly / unearth. Or is there some other way you recommend setting up a char for more dmg / is the way I have it setup now optimized for dmg.
I am looking for a mix of both clear speed and boss dmg. Also I have one Grand Spectrum do I need 3 for softcore for the survivability or is other (abyss) gems THAT much of a dmg boost. I am looking to switch to the Fingerless Silk Gloves with the %16 spell damage on them.

Also people are saying use "Unearth with +3-5 corpse level uber lab enchant + spell totem - faster casting - gmp and it destroys everything in seconds." What gem setup am I giving up to use this setup???

Also if I am using the shield youre using in the video then why assassins mark in the helm since the shield puts enfeeble out.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by riskiesaf on Jan 10, 2018, 6:59:49 AM
Pardon the delayed responses guys, I'm in the middle of deciding between 2 jobs and things got a bit messy schedule wise!

"
Kazedsama wrote:
Hi Ghazzy (and all the other contributors :) )

Many thanks for the build. I'm having a lot of fun with it

I have 2 questions though

- VD sometimes just doesn't want cast and I find myself clicking like crazy to get it casted. That caused me a lot of undesired deaths (yeah, softcore unexperienced player). Am I missing something ? It seems like it doesn't cast if I specifically target a living mob which stands on corpses. Is there a way to force the cast ?
- Would 2 nicely rolled Void Batteries be efficient? We can end up with 8 Power charges and deal tons of damages, right?

Hey,

My pleasure bro, glad you like it!

VD requires corpses, if non are available you won't get any VD casts done. Remember that some enemies like the elementals does not generate a usable corpse!

I think it can absolutely work but you'd lose the Shield Charge or Whirling Blade opertunity.

"
Fewwy wrote:
Hey Ghazzy! Thanks for good guide!
I'm trying to count which way my Inquisitor will do the most damage.

Currently I'm using Oskarm + Lightpoacher + 2 catalyst's

Also, I have found good enough dagger.Which way are better double daggers like those or double catalysts? Catalyst+shield / Dagger + shield? Double Voidbatteries?

I'm not sure about which weapon to drop for better DPS and survivability.
This build really need a shield to increase clear speed? My skill tree doesn't have % attack speed so this could be even slower than just flame dash. My current DPS with power charges ~170k and crit 67%

I will accept any bits of advice you or other "pilots" have :)

My character in Path of building
https://pastebin.com/MDG1P2ys

Getting a crit based dagger should be a lot better than the Catalyst. Shield Charge is not just based of atk speed it's also affected by movement speed (boots/quicksilver flask etc) so you get a TON of clear speed using it :)

"
riskiesaf wrote:
So I am playing softcore and I know its been posted here before but for clarification I am using Starkonja's Head. If I switch off of that to the Lightpoacher (I'm looking for more damage) with your mentioned stated setup now I don't need the gloves. Got it.
However, Now I am missing a piece of gear which had 4 sockets in it. So which would mean my cremation setup and desecrate setups being in my boots/gloves. So with shield charge + faster attacks + fort in my wep, and cwdt + IC + lightning golem in my shield. Do I Just forget about spell totem + skelly / unearth. Or is there some other way you recommend setting up a char for more dmg / is the way I have it setup now optimized for dmg.
I am looking for a mix of both clear speed and boss dmg. Also I have one Grand Spectrum do I need 3 for softcore for the survivability or is other (abyss) gems THAT much of a dmg boost. I am looking to switch to the Fingerless Silk Gloves with the %16 spell damage on them.

Also people are saying use "Unearth with +3-5 corpse level uber lab enchant + spell totem - faster casting - gmp and it destroys everything in seconds." What gem setup am I giving up to use this setup???

Also if I am using the shield youre using in the video then why assassins mark in the helm since the shield puts enfeeble out.

Thank you for your time.

Hey,

In softcore it would in many cases be more preferable to skip grand specs for high flat mana rolled abyssal jewels with dmg modifiers for you.
Regarding using Lightpoacher it will be up to you which gem you remove to make it work I personally prefer the Starkonja setup as it provides a ton of dexterity as well.

Regarding any gem switching from my displayed setup in the guide it will always be a matter of taste which gems you replace with what, it's not something that is direct though dropping golem can be a first step at least imo.

The video displays the gameplay of the build in general as the video was done on the Elementalist version. Don't use that shield for this version, hence why it isn't included in the guide! :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I'm currently leveling this character but what do you recommend curse wise and item wise for hc? Do you think just using Chernobog's Pillar is enough? Is it not worth running blasphemy enfeeble due to losing so much mana? Also I'm currently using elemental overload as a inquisitor how much crit should I have before removing ele overload?
Anybody here who's character I could stalk for high-end gear? I'm new to the game and just curious what I have to aim for :)
Hi can anyone tell me where to put the Inspired Learning Jewel (yes, I know where I Could put it, so keep it clean :). I'm playing the Inquisitor version of the build. Any help would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info