[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

"
DrWafer wrote:
I certainty haven't done the math, but that's 13 points in the tree and 3 jewel slots purely dedicated to mana. It seems like there could be a better return, but then again, OP has probably thought about this longer than I have.

1 Jewel equals around 330+ mana. In SC i would swap 1-2 of them for something else, in HC i would use all 3 of them once in red maps.
Last edited by Tr3Angel on Dec 18, 2017, 6:43:33 AM
How do you recommend gaining power charge without the gloves? I suspect Cremation with power charge on crit?
Last edited by Tsteken on Dec 18, 2017, 8:40:08 AM
Just max level gems/max quality?
Awesome, perfect timing! Started a detonate dead build but will switch over to this. Really appreciate all the time and detail you put into these guides!
"
Dutedute wrote:
Which of the two did you prefer more? Elementalist or Inquisitor?

As of the current patch (3.1) Inquisitor is TONS stronger than Elementalist.
VD is most likely the best build in the game for Elementalists but it doesn't compare in strength to the Inquisitor tbh.

"
DrWafer wrote:
How much mana do you actually get from those 3 jewel slots? That seems like a large sacrifice given the crazy mods possible on the new jewels.

Thousands, worth every investment for hardcore players.

"
Calmoto wrote:
Equipping 3x Grand Spectrum grants 30 * 3 * 3 = +270 to maximum Mana.

Which gets affected by all the increased mana modifiers :)

"
DrWafer wrote:
I certainty haven't done the math, but that's 13 points in the tree and 3 jewel slots purely dedicated to mana. It seems like there could be a better return, but then again, OP has probably thought about this longer than I have.

To fully sustain MoM you use basic algebra to calculate the needed mana, hence the MoM calculator added in the guide, but basically it goes like this:

30% MoM:
Life * 3/7 = needed unreserved mana to sustain (Life * 0.428)
40% MoM with CoD:
Life * 4/6 = needed unreserved mana to sustain (Life * 0.666)

Now, the higher you go the more regen you have which means that dropping a +/- few hundred is fine, but with the example I have on this build I'd have around 5 - 5.5k HP the example would look like this:

5200 HP requires ____ unreserved mana.

30% MoM:
5200 * 0.428 = 2225 unreserved mana
40% MoM
5200 * 0.666 = 3463 unreserved mana

These numbers are almost impossible to reach without Grand Spectrum Jewels and/or Pledge of Hands.

"
revenues wrote:
Me and a mate (who I forced to play aurabot) had a ton of blast leveling yesterday (we hit 22 or something, also, great pun!)!
Thanks for the guide Ghazzy and see you around!

My pleasure bro, glad you liked it! Saw your twitter post as well :D

"
How do you recommend gaining power charge without the gloves? I suspect Cremation with power charge on crit?

Either that or self-casting the curse tbh. Both will require you to do a cast prior to the enemies death, and Cremation will also require a corpse AND then to crit with PCoC.

"
famulor wrote:
Just max level gems/max quality?

Forgot to add Desecrate links to the guide, which is sorted now.

Arcane Surge = lvl 11 imo but is a matter of personal taste.
Can add a CWDT if you wish which I prefer at lvl 3 with lvl 5 IC.
Rest should be lvld to max & qualitied accordingly.

"
Crtjones wrote:
Awesome, perfect timing! Started a detonate dead build but will switch over to this. Really appreciate all the time and detail you put into these guides!

Very happy to hear that my time & work is being appreciated <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi Ghazzy,

nice build, going to levelup this one when im home.

fyi: the PoB-Link in this version is the same as for the elementalist. inquis is completely missing.

I’m also doing a Volatile Dead / Cremation build just because I could not decide on a build at league start. Wanted to do a glacial cascade totem build but specced out of totems soon after league start because I was also levelling VD and thought it was fun playing with homing missiles 
Your tree looks a lot different from mine. I took a lot of the crit nodes near the shadow area as well. Had some trouble when starting maps but mainly with the abyss rare monsters. With some cheap gear improvements focusing on crit and cast speed (for faster corpse creation and VD casting) I was able to kill the abyss rares much easier. Map bosses are no problem even though I’m only at tier 6 right now, working my way through the atlas.

I chose a CDWT setup with dual curses. For safety I use enfeeble and temp chains but can also put in flammability if I want more damage. I added PCoC to cremation and it works quite nicely. For tougher fights you are having 3 cremation volcanos anyway on top of VD and power charges are often maxed quickly. I’m using Volkuur’s gloves for the added fire damage to spells. It seems the poison for fire damage is not working. Could that be due to elemental focus support?

As said my gear is just a few chaos each so I’m sure I can upgrade a lot there. I’m happy this thread was created because so far I was just doing what I thought was right but hoping to find new insights that help improve my build.

Here’s my tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgdjCPQJqgxSDkgPxBGWFm8WvxhdGGoabB0UIG4i9CSqJpUqCyycNuk6WDt8PAU9X0GWRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFJTU1JVS1XGWAdd8l8EXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSeC985X_GgpuD24UyhXuJ04uMjDaOZI9Gj_qSbpMnlS6XLZf0mjua4JuhnWOdrp_fogCio6cIqLmsmK3xrrO2-rjKvFa8qrzqwGbAmsu90B_Q9dJ81abZ_ONq5CLr5Ovu6_XsOO0873zv6_Af8NXyHfem99f53Q==?accountName=JohnnyV76&characterName=Onaardig
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgdjCPQJqgxSDkgPxBGWFm8WvxhdGGoabB0UIG4i9CSqJpUqCyycNuk6WDt8PAU9X0GWRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFJTU1JVS1XGWAdd8l8EXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSeC985X_GgpuD24UyhXuJ04uMjDaOZI9Gj_qSbpMnlS6XLZf0mjua4JuhnWOdrp_fogCio6cIqLmsmK3xrrO2-rjKvFa8qrzqwGbAmsu90B_Q9dJ81abZ_ONq5CLr5Ovu6_XsOO0873zv6_Af8NXyHfem99f53Q==?accountName=JohnnyV76&characterName=Onaardig
Ghazzy focused on defense in his tree, I guess. He's taking HP, mana and jewel sockets wherever he possibly can, but his tree is lvl 92 (or 94, not sure). Hard to say which one I like more, but his one seems better for HC obviously. I'd just remove these gloves, power charge nodes and take arcane potency & throatseeker & orb of storms+p.charge on crit.: -70% crit chance, -24% spell dmg, +99% multiplier. I'd be able to generate charges on bosses, not only during mapping, that's more important imo.
Last edited by azaanis on Dec 19, 2017, 4:52:52 AM
"
Rikonn wrote:
Hi Ghazzy,

nice build, going to levelup this one when im home.

fyi: the PoB-Link in this version is the same as for the elementalist. inquis is completely missing.

Hey,

Cheers!

And sorted! God damn I must have been tired when I made this guide.
I believe I got all the errors sorted by now.

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I’m also doing a Volatile Dead / Cremation build just because I could not decide on a build at league start. Wanted to do a glacial cascade totem build but specced out of totems soon after league start because I was also levelling VD and thought it was fun playing with homing missiles 
Your tree looks a lot different from mine. I took a lot of the crit nodes near the shadow area as well. Had some trouble when starting maps but mainly with the abyss rare monsters. With some cheap gear improvements focusing on crit and cast speed (for faster corpse creation and VD casting) I was able to kill the abyss rares much easier. Map bosses are no problem even though I’m only at tier 6 right now, working my way through the atlas.

I chose a CDWT setup with dual curses. For safety I use enfeeble and temp chains but can also put in flammability if I want more damage. I added PCoC to cremation and it works quite nicely. For tougher fights you are having 3 cremation volcanos anyway on top of VD and power charges are often maxed quickly. I’m using Volkuur’s gloves for the added fire damage to spells. It seems the poison for fire damage is not working. Could that be due to elemental focus support?

As said my gear is just a few chaos each so I’m sure I can upgrade a lot there. I’m happy this thread was created because so far I was just doing what I thought was right but hoping to find new insights that help improve my build.

Here’s my tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgdjCPQJqgxSDkgPxBGWFm8WvxhdGGoabB0UIG4i9CSqJpUqCyycNuk6WDt8PAU9X0GWRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFJTU1JVS1XGWAdd8l8EXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSeC985X_GgpuD24UyhXuJ04uMjDaOZI9Gj_qSbpMnlS6XLZf0mjua4JuhnWOdrp_fogCio6cIqLmsmK3xrrO2-rjKvFa8qrzqwGbAmsu90B_Q9dJ81abZ_ONq5CLr5Ovu6_XsOO0873zv6_Af8NXyHfem99f53Q==?accountName=JohnnyV76&characterName=Onaardig

Poison only comes from Physical or Chaos dmg.

As @Azaanis is saying:
My tree is hardcore oriented but also allows for softcore play of course. The build shouldn't need to be able to generate charges vs bosses until much later at which point you swap in PCoC on your cremation setup and that's it :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Shouldn't these cause the fire damage we do to poison as well?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info