[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

Hey Ghazzy i've been following your guide to build this character. I'm currently using a skin of the loyal, just because they are a cheap right now, i've bought mine for 14c, the +1 to socketed gems is nice for damage, but it lacks a little bit on survability,so I'm farming to buy a 6l Carcass Jack as I'm playing on softcore.
What do you recommend for the oskarm gloves, it's better to farm lab to get another enchant, or should i corrupt them to try to get a +1 to socketed gems?
On boots what is the best enchant and base, maybe some evasion boots would be better to stack a little bit more evasion?
Another question that i have, is the VD increased %damage enchant on helm, good enough for the endgame content or should i go for the +1 corpse?

Last edited by Uchihafoudace on Jan 25, 2018, 2:04:08 PM
I'm now at 150/157 atlas progression. Just did the first of the guardians, Phoenix.
Died when he was at 50% and then died a few more times getting him down. Did less damage each try so replaced VD with Cremation and in a 6L cremation does a shit ton of damage on a boss.
He jumped me and 2 shot me but was standin in my 3 cremations so i could just watch him go down very quickly with every cremation crit :)

So, I believe for unlocking the guardians cremation is probably a better choice than VD. I'm guessing also on Shaper if I will try it this league.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Uchihafoudace wrote:
Hey Ghazzy i've been following your guide to build this character. I'm currently using a skin of the loyal, just because they are a cheap right now, i've bought mine for 14c, the +1 to socketed gems is nice for damage, but it lacks a little bit on survability,so I'm farming to buy a 6l Carcass Jack as I'm playing on softcore.
What do you recommend for the oskarm gloves, it's better to farm lab to get another enchant, or should i corrupt them to try to get a +1 to socketed gems?
On boots what is the best enchant and base, maybe some evasion boots would be better to stack a little bit more evasion?
Another question that i have, is the VD increased %damage enchant on helm, good enough for the endgame content or should i go for the +1 corpse?

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

Boot Enchant: Leech one.
Survivability shouldn't be a problem, I see you're using Doryani's Catalyst. I'd strongly recommend switching that to a proper spell dmg / rit dagger as this is the Inquisitor crit version, not Elementalist :)

The lab enchant on gloves is honestly w/e imo, however most of the enchants are pretty nice or as you stated, if currency allows vaaling for a +1 is never a bad idea ;)

Helmet Enchant: + corpses is stupidly good!

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm now at 150/157 atlas progression. Just did the first of the guardians, Phoenix.
Died when he was at 50% and then died a few more times getting him down. Did less damage each try so replaced VD with Cremation and in a 6L cremation does a shit ton of damage on a boss.
He jumped me and 2 shot me but was standin in my 3 cremations so i could just watch him go down very quickly with every cremation crit :)

So, I believe for unlocking the guardians cremation is probably a better choice than VD. I'm guessing also on Shaper if I will try it this league.

Hey,

For end-game bosses max linking your Cremation is by far the best choice for this build, as stated vs bosses like Atziri :)
VD Can do it, but Cremation will be tons safer for that reason alone.

Do try it, let us know of your progression!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I'm curious as to how I can drastically increase my survivalability? My damage seems to be pretty solid... I can really melt normal mobs and do decent damage to bosses, but I can't facetank WHATSOEVER. I crush most maps that are tier 3-5 but anything higher I get literally insta-deleted by sometimes even normal mobs not even just crazy buffed yellows or orange bosses. I'm not sure what my gear is missing but I spent a ton of time and currency trying to minmax it to high survive and high damage but I keep failing. My MoM is maybe not good enough? I have 2,300 mana and 4,200 life at the moment. All resistances are 75%.

My character is available for viewing under the name Bruhidkk. The Templar in this Abyss league. if anyone here could look at my tree and gear help me find out why I am getting deleted from higher tier maps I'd greatly appreciate it because I really want this build to work out.. it's pretty fun. Thanks very much.
Last edited by Gold3h on Jan 29, 2018, 1:01:57 AM
"
Gold3h wrote:
I'm curious as to how I can drastically increase my survivalability? My damage seems to be pretty solid... I can really melt normal mobs and do decent damage to bosses, but I can't facetank WHATSOEVER. I crush most maps that are tier 3-5 but anything higher I get literally insta-deleted by sometimes even normal mobs not even just crazy buffed yellows or orange bosses. I'm not sure what my gear is missing but I spent a ton of time and currency trying to minmax it to high survive and high damage but I keep failing. My MoM is maybe not good enough? I have 2,300 mana and 4,200 life at the moment. All resistances are 75%.

My character is available for viewing under the name Bruhidkk. The Templar in this Abyss league. if anyone here could look at my tree and gear help me find out why I am getting deleted from higher tier maps I'd greatly appreciate it because I really want this build to work out.. it's pretty fun. Thanks very much.

I see your gear is still pretty basic, probably through levelling :)
This build is also a lot about play style. Your life and mana are decent so should not cause the problem. This build requires you to stay away from mobs and not try to facetank a pack or a large boss. More damage is also more survivability so you should try to go for a 5L or 6L is possible. What's dead cannot hit you!

I see you put clarity in the essence worm ring but that's hardly needed imho... you should have quite a bit mana regen in your passive tree so try if you run out of mana without clarity. Then, try to put in a high level anger and your DPS will jump up!

You also don't seem to use a Cast When Damage Taken setup. This will help you survive a lot more. If DPS is not a problem then I suggest using CWDT - Enfeeble - Immortal Call.

Good luck!

P.S. I was hearing so much about Poet's Pen with VD so as I had some currency I bought 2 and tried it out. Have to admit that it feels a lot faster even though the damage per VD projectile is a lot lower. It's more fun to use imho as casting desecrate - VD is just a bit sluggish. Just spamming frenzy and seeing all the VD balls appear is funny.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Gold3h wrote:

I see your gear is still pretty basic, probably through levelling :)
This build is also a lot about play style. Your life and mana are decent so should not cause the problem. This build requires you to stay away from mobs and not try to facetank a pack or a large boss. More damage is also more survivability so you should try to go for a 5L or 6L is possible. What's dead cannot hit you!

I see you put clarity in the essence worm ring but that's hardly needed imho... you should have quite a bit mana regen in your passive tree so try if you run out of mana without clarity. Then, try to put in a high level anger and your DPS will jump up!

You also don't seem to use a Cast When Damage Taken setup. This will help you survive a lot more. If DPS is not a problem then I suggest using CWDT - Enfeeble - Immortal Call.

Good luck!

P.S. I was hearing so much about Poet's Pen with VD so as I had some currency I bought 2 and tried it out. Have to admit that it feels a lot faster even though the damage per VD projectile is a lot lower. It's more fun to use imho as casting desecrate - VD is just a bit sluggish. Just spamming frenzy and seeing all the VD balls appear is funny.

I appreciate the help very much. I'm going to do Enfeeble supported by CWDT and also use Immortal Call to try and help gain more tankiness. I'm also going to socket Anger into my ring rather than Clarity. Any suggestions of what I need to be looking for gear wise? I used to think my gear was alright ://

Thank you, Thank you.
Cheers as usual @JohnnyV76 for the help!

@Gold3h:

I wouldn't recommend using Enfeeble as the build is crit based, you need those power charges.
The shield you're using is displayed in the video guide as it was showing the Elementalist version. The Inquisitor version wants to use the Oskarm gloves (or Lightpoacher with GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark) to generate power charges for you!
You should look to get a spell dmg/crit dagger same with shield, and make sure you keep resistances capped as well as focusing on Life & Mana outside of those mandatory stuffs. It's all in the guide :)

Essence Worm is completely useless for this build and instead of granting you something good it actually isn't worth the investment and instead causes issues for you which I think is your biggest problem atm.
Change the gear around to be more crit oriented and as @JohnnyV76 said, the build is by far not a tank build though with proper investment you should be able to tank most things.
I died at lvl 95 on the Elementalist version due to some unlucky combination of Abyss crack monsters with extra phys & powerful crits, then again, the Inquisitor version is in my opinion much stronger!

Hope it helped!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Cheers as usual @JohnnyV76 for the help!

@Gold3h:

I wouldn't recommend using Enfeeble as the build is crit based, you need those power charges.
The shield you're using is displayed in the video guide as it was showing the Elementalist version. The Inquisitor version wants to use the Oskarm gloves (or Lightpoacher with GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark) to generate power charges for you!
You should look to get a spell dmg/crit dagger same with shield, and make sure you keep resistances capped as well as focusing on Life & Mana outside of those mandatory stuffs. It's all in the guide :)

Essence Worm is completely useless for this build and instead of granting you something good it actually isn't worth the investment and instead causes issues for you which I think is your biggest problem atm.
Change the gear around to be more crit oriented and as @JohnnyV76 said, the build is by far not a tank build though with proper investment you should be able to tank most things.
I died at lvl 95 on the Elementalist version due to some unlucky combination of Abyss crack monsters with extra phys & powerful crits, then again, the Inquisitor version is in my opinion much stronger!

Hope it helped!

I may look into replacing the shield since it's only really for the Elementalist build (I think). What should I replace enfeeble with? My damage is pretty good from what I'm experiencing... I guess maybe it could be better from what you're telling me so I will look into getting a dagger that is better. I do have a couple that I may try out. Do you have any other tips for survivability?

I really like my mace. Is it not good? the Efficacy, Echo, and cast speed seem to compliment the build well. My cast speed is pretty insane so I can cast VD super super quick and the spell just cascaes AND echoes and has increased damage. Should I still be looking for a crit dagger?
Last edited by Gold3h on Jan 30, 2018, 6:58:36 PM
"
Gold3h wrote:

I may look into replacing the shield since it's only really for the Elementalist build (I think). What should I replace enfeeble with? My damage is pretty good from what I'm experiencing... I guess maybe it could be better from what you're telling me so I will look into getting a dagger that is better. I do have a couple that I may try out. Do you have any other tips for survivability?

I really like my mace. Is it not good? the Efficacy, Echo, and cast speed seem to compliment the build well. My cast speed is pretty insane so I can cast VD super super quick and the spell just cascaes AND echoes and has increased damage. Should I still be looking for a crit dagger?

I think it's best to just look at the gear that people with this build are already using. There are always alternatives which may work fine or fit your total gear set up best but most of the items you will find on high level players using this build are BiS (Best in Slot) so will work well together.

I used different items as well and was able to do all map bosses up to T15 in corrupted maps easily. Guardians are a bit of a different story.

Probably shouldn't be commenting here anymore as I changed my setup to dual Poet's Pen. This is Ghazzy's build which is is good if you follow his advice. I am loving the dual Poets version as you just need to fire off one skill to generate VD balls. That build is supposed to use a Kaom's heart for a huge boost in life and as it doesn't require a 6L but since I had a 6L carcass I am now trying to find how to use that best and put in curse on hit with warlords mark and because I can have 2 curses I am testing some stuff out. Cursing through spamming your main attack skill while creating a huge number of VD balls works great. Everything is cursed with Warlords mark so I leech more. My experience with lightpoacher is that even with GMP it "misses" a lot of mobs so not every mob gets cursed.
"
Gold3h wrote:

Hi, if you want to facetank with Volatile Dead check this build out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2064663. It is in ssf league but has videos of facetanking the guardians, uber izaro and hall of the grandmasters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info