[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

Is this an OK league starter? considering trying this the next league.
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:

I would honestly say the point is arguable. The uniques needed are reasonably cheap (aside from if you want a 6L Cloak of Defiance), but once you hit a certain point it can become quite expensive to upgrade, and the build will feel low on survivability without upgrades. I would not personally use it as a league starter as there are simply easier options that can get you to maps with abysmal gear, but very viable as a 2nd character once some currency has been built up.
Figured I would take this time to show what gear I'm currently using. I have a slightly better dagger that is being an unreasonable pain in the butt to color, but the one I'm currently using is already pretty decent imo. Next upgrades for me will be the amulet, then shield, then rings as I am currently over max on resistances and could always use more Life and Crit.

Spoiler
since I get the MoM from the keystone Can I use Infernal Mantle widowsilk Robe instead of the Cloak of defiance?
BTW
in the wiki they say:
"Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit. "
Last edited by eitiel10 on Feb 10, 2018, 1:29:54 PM
"
eitiel10 wrote:
since I get the MoM from the keystone Can I use Infernal Mantle widowsilk Robe instead of the Cloak of defiance?
BTW
in the wiki they say:
"Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit. "

Infernal Mantle probably wouldn't necessarily be a terrible option by any means.

Cloak of Defiance does give an additional 10% of damage taken from mana before life. While you taking the keystone itself does not add to this at all, the benefit lies in the massive amount of mana you obtain from the passives behind the keystone. +40 mana and +50% mana in total. CoD also gives +100-150 base mana and 1% mana regen, making it far and away the better defensive option for a MoM build.

Infernal Mantle would likely give you a moderate damage boost and better crit chance, although it also has 25% increased spell damage taken when on low mana, so if you can't keep your MoM up, your chances of getting killed are pretty high.

So I would say overall, if you try Infernal Mantle and don't end up dieing all the time then go for it, but I still die occassionally even with CoD so I would not personally feel safe enough pushing for more damage at the expense of survivability.
"
nekofjung wrote:
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:

I would honestly say the point is arguable. The uniques needed are reasonably cheap (aside from if you want a 6L Cloak of Defiance), but once you hit a certain point it can become quite expensive to upgrade, and the build will feel low on survivability without upgrades. I would not personally use it as a league starter as there are simply easier options that can get you to maps with abysmal gear, but very viable as a 2nd character once some currency has been built up.

Well, I used it to race with at the release of Abyss league and honestly didn't feel it to be a bad choice at all to start of with.

Oh, and thank you again for helping out in the thread <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Wouldnt the Divinarius be a great cheap weapon for the inquisitor version of this build?
Last edited by yaoooo84 on Feb 12, 2018, 1:47:36 PM
"
yaoooo84 wrote:
Wouldnt the Divinarius be a great cheap weapon for the inquisitor version of this build?

Seems reasonable to me. Not as good as some of the Rare Daggers you can trade for, but definitely an affordable starting point.
"
nekofjung wrote:
"
yaoooo84 wrote:

Seems reasonable to me. Not as good as some of the Rare Daggers you can trade for, but definitely an affordable starting point.

I see wands that have better stats than daggers, any reason for dagger over wand besides not being able to use shield charge?
"
yaoooo84 wrote:
I see wands that have better stats than daggers, any reason for dagger over wand besides not being able to use shield charge?

Not many wands that have crit chance for spells as high as daggers (easy to get 130%+ crit chance for spells), dagger can roll up to +20% cast speed with essences too, and yeah, shield charge is both the primary movement skill and your way of getting Fortify to be able to tank more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info