[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

Posting updates as I go here..

Level 86 now in HC. Found my last trial today (burning rage) so I figured I'd give uber lab a go. I did use global 820 for assistance on two trials earlier though.

Build is too squish for a perma-lab HC farmer. Eventually we are going to hit a snag and that's GG. My main two lab farmers the past year have been eq jug and guardian rf, so that's pretty much a snooze button with little excitement or chance of dying. This build, you have to be on your toes.. which I appreciate. But there is going to come a time when the wrong combination of shit hits you all at once. In SC, that's fine, it might be rare, but in HC its going to end your shit.

DPS wise I felt good, the fight was fairly fast, somewhat like in your video. It really is up to skill. I currently have 1310 armor, which means a light breeze will beat the shit out of me. I have 6 endurance charges, which were up for most of the short fight besides when I fail dodged and got proc'd on.

I was torn on my last nodes from lab. As I posted earlier all were useful. That being said I went with unyielding because with 25% increased effect of fortify translates to 5% less damage taken from hits. An effective 5% ehp on Izaro is great because my fortify will be up nearly 100% of the time, and the damage granted (30%) is worth as much or more than that of a fat node phys node.

Also, and unfortunately, I do not feel that this build is super safe in maps. My clear speed is good to great, depending. I also feel a bit squishier than I would like, and part of that is just melee shit, but its also cleave in general. The range on cleave sucks without the jewel and in the case of certain fights (without many enemies around) that means your range blows. With packs around it isn't quite as big as an 8 vaal'd reave, but its good. In a fight where only a few strong enemies remain range is trash and you really gotta hump them. Again, its fine, and fun, but will eventually lead to disastrous shit.

I've tried a few different nodes, as I posted above in my suggestions, from ambidexterity, to the fencing cluster. Even though I suggested berserking I have yet to actually try it, but I will when I get one more skill point (because I want the double speed from the jewel node + berserking). This could be a placebo effect, but ambidexterity seems to make whirling blades cast at very uneven rates.. It's like a bad rhythm between fast and slow. As it probably should, given whirling blades chooses a weapon for each movement, but I didn't like that (those nodes do grant huge dps boosts though). I prefer predictability.

I think with a a great budget I could drop the leech nodes at slayer and pick up extra padding or damage. I haven't put much thought into where they would go yet because, on this character, that is not going to happen.

I am going to just ride this character out now with the expectation of death and see what I can do with it. I've met my goals for it, and I'll just farm uber until that shit knocks me out..

Thanks for the build SCamera, shit was fun.

Edit: Forgot a few things in my long post.

I switched from ruthless to maim just try it out. The verdict is still out on that one. Path of building says ruthless is more dps, but I haven't seen any significant difference yet.

Also when you do your builds, don't count your power charges, because that's just fkn retarded. AT least not where it matters. Sure, *most*, but not all, of the time you can keep your 3 power charges up, but on bosses, you will rarely have them up. That vengeance set up you have might work in a slow fight (I guess if you are getting slapped), but most bosses die (including Izaro) fast enough that that shit won't proc much/enough. I watch every boss fight I go into and sometimes even try to get a few charges before the arena door, but half of the time they are gone, plus you should be swapping in conc effect, which takes time. Don't run your numbers with your 3 power charges, because where it counts, they might not be there. This isn't THAT build. I've ran that build, this isn't it.
"

Also when you do your builds, don't count your power charges, because that's just fkn retarded. AT least not where it matters. Sure, *most*, but not all, of the time you can keep your 3 power charges up, but on bosses, you will rarely have them up.

You're probably right, but it isn't that much of a DpS increase anyways (in SCamera's PoB, when I click or unclick it, the DpS difference is around 30k on ~700k overall DpS).

"
Also, and unfortunately, I do not feel that this build is super safe in maps.

I feel that too.
It's not that Jugger isn't a tanky class, it's that his "tankiness" is not really meaningful in mapping situations. He shines in Lab, because most damage is physical in there. But I have no meaningful line of defense against so much other stuff I regularly encounter: boss effects, elemental damage in general from all sources, high damage ground effects etc... It's just "resists + buffer" then, and any class can have that.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 23, 2017, 4:01:01 AM
I tried this. I converted my Cleave Juggernaut to this one for a test drive.

While damage is good, the trap-gauntlet experience was not smooth. I almost died to a gauntlet, where I could walk thru all of them with my Cleave one.

Questions:

1) Can we work Determination in there somewhere?
2) Determintation could be technically disabled in the Izaro/Argus fight, with the Endurance charges up, we'd reach the same level of physical mitigation, but those charges are not generated when you are going through traps or gauntlets.
So, even if we don't use Determination, what can be done to make the experience on Traps/Gauntles better and still not loose extra flask spaces?
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
Last edited by DoveAhKin on Dec 23, 2017, 7:18:44 AM
"
DoveAhKin wrote:
I tried this. I converted my Cleave Juggernaut to this one for a test drive.

While damage is good, the trap-gauntlet experience was not smooth. I almost died to a gauntlet, where I could walk thru all of them with my Cleave one.

Questions:

1) Can we work Determination in there somewhere?
2) Determintation could be technically disabled in the Izaro/Argus fight, with the Endurance charges up, we'd reach the same level of physical mitigation, but those charges are not generated when you are going through traps or gauntlets.
So, even if we don't use Determination, what can be done to make the experience on Traps/Gauntles better and still not lose extra flask spaces?

Determination could help you quite a bit..given you already had enough base armor to begin with. Although with this build it is very tough to get a respectable amount of armor without taking the unbreakable node. You could with a granite flask and an armor suffix, but a basalt is preferable.

Armor only helps with traps that actually hit, and there are a few. The spike traps, dart traps, and the big sword/axe like cleavers, all HIT. Armor helps here. However, the spinny bats with metal spikes, blade sentries, and the floor saw blade traps are not affected by armor. A basalt flask will mitigate your damage on all of these traps as will endurance charges. That is why I have been able to farm lab with only 1200 armor (althoug hits scary as shit sometimes). Basalt + endurance charges are you friend. Massive armor does trivialize the other three, but that's half (or maybe less, holiday drinking woot).

When doing uber lab make sure to enduring cry (or whatever you to do gain endurance charges) prior to going through a trap gauntlet. You would be wise to SELF CAST immortal call if you struggle as that will give you seconds of immortality on all of the aforementioned traps. Yes, that means take it off of CWDT if you need, or get another one.

GL
The above post sums up about everything I would say and more. To add to the above soul of Ryslatha helps for those situations where you run out of life flask charges in between traps. Also for gaining and maintaining endurance charges you can use enduring cry near the various curse fonts.

As for the defenses I will say that it requires some real awareness to make sure you don't die. The design of the build is to have enough defenses to not get straight up 1 shot by Izaro regardless of buffs but also have enough damage to where mapping in between good uber lab layouts (or to sell all the crap found in uber lab) isn't painfully slow. To make the build safer to run on hardcore for mapping I would try to work in an extra layer of defense somewhere into the build. I would either try to majorly boost the health pool of the build with uniques like belly of the beast or kaoms or I would drop our damage auras and pick up purity of cold/lightning for the extra max resistance. The AOE should still be good for clearing trash considering Ahn's Might has combined 20% increased aoe. Last option I would say is trying to get a decent block chance up with using something like Rumi's. Otherwise like I said before the ultimate defense is still awareness with the build.
"
SCamera wrote:
Last option I would say is trying to get a decent block chance up with using something like Rumi's. Otherwise like I said before the ultimate defense is still awareness with the build.

I'm considering the red nightmare for ~15% block in marauder area.

"Awareness" is fine most of the time, but my computer cannot handle a lot of the graphic effects that 3.1 throws at us in elder/shaped maps. I've already died dozens of times to screen freezes, stutters, lag spikes... Some solid block would certainly help there.
Well i started the league with my version of this build which is practically very similair, and have done all endgame by day 7 of the league with 5 link. Atm i am sitting at 23.5k acc, and have around 1.2m shaper damage(flasks(3),golem,warchief and endu- no shocked enemy, no vaal stuff). With abyssus the damage goes way higher, and the jugger can sustain it- but i dislike the ripiness of the helm.The damage can go even higher but i like to have around 6200 hp, and i preffer as over total dps when it comes to bf.

This build is a killer build and i am glad someone put it up on the board. It can be extremely cheap and
effective. The swords in my build are equivavelnt to 400+ dps crit swords(which cost around 20 ex).

After some extensive mapping, I really feel like I need some line of defense against spells.
Would it be a stupid idea to go Phase Acro + Atziri's step for a total of ~55% spell dodge before vaal grace/flask?

Something along those lines...
PoB: https://pastebin.com/sBWzE3Rx
Tree: http://poeurl.com/bIjU

Edit:
Tried it, and I'm happy with it so far.
The spell dodge feels way more tanky for general mapping.

It's a difference like night and day, I can now ignore most spells, and I don't just die when my old potato computer decides it's a good idea to stutter or freeze.

With the endurance charges, permanent fortify, basalt flask and the pantheon reduction, I still have more than enough protection against phys damage, even though my armor dropped below 2k.

I'm now the first ever Jugger with Acro/Phase Acro, I guess. ;)

Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 31, 2017, 4:42:13 AM
Do you have a Path of Building link ?

I am following this build as a fairly new player on xbox.
I like it alot so far but there is 1 thing i don't understand.
The pacifism jewel, can someone explain why it is good to have -1 frenzy charges ?
And why it is used in this build?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info