Just blew 60c for 2% movement speed

Sounds like ure just terrible at POE. This is no handholding D3.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Anyway, if you didn't know what a divine orb was nor that it was worth 20c - then it probably didn't have any worth to you, did it?

Yes, "I didn't know what I had", but then again I was happy with that fact and would happily and ignorantly keep those three Divine's to do with things at a later date. I had no intention of spending them for a total of 60c for a meaningless, dare I say useless 2% movement speed.

This isn't me not looking up what a random item might be worth and putting up a 1ex item for 1alc for trade. This is a game mechanic set up deliberately that, in my opinion is broken. Like I said in the OP, if this mechanic is perfectly fine, having that 1%-5% cost, not 1 Divine, but say 1 Mirror instead, is the same thing, it's the same principle. But knowing that someone will click that button and spend that Mirror on 2% movement speed is the problem, not that people are "blind" or "dumb".

A broken, stupid mechanic is a broken stupid mechanic, despite...
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
C'mon man you are from Closed Beta, complaining that you didn't know what currency was being used is just plain whining on your part.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
This is not a broken game mechanic, your logic is extremely flawed and all the people in the world cant turn you to think otherwise because you are blind to the reality of different perspectives.
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Anyway, if you didn't know what a divine orb was nor that it was worth 20c - then it probably didn't have any worth to you, did it?

Yes, "I didn't know what I had", but then again I was happy with that fact and would happily and ignorantly keep those three Divine's to do with things at a later date. I had no intention of spending them for a total of 60c for a meaningless, dare I say useless 2% movement speed.

This isn't me not looking up what a random item might be worth and putting up a 1ex item for 1alc for trade. This is a game mechanic set up deliberately that, in my opinion is broken...

Ah, well, opinions are opinions.
IMO it's OK, but that doesn't help you now. With the 60c you can get a bunch of Humility cards and sell the resulting Tabulae Rasae for Divine Orbs.
Or you just buy the divines - buying the div cards might be cheaper.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
DoubleU wrote:
C'mon man you are from Closed Beta, complaining that you didn't know what currency was being used is just plain whining on your part.

Then let it be whining. What is it to you, anyway. And I DID know what currency was used, what I did NOT know (didn't I just post this?!) was the value a Divine Orb obtained on the market. If you post in a thread, it helps to read and understand what's being discussed.

"
Eldubs wrote:
This is not a broken game mechanic, your logic is extremely flawed

My logic is fine, my arguments are based on extraordinary reasonable objectives like for instance the inordinate difference in value between a Divine, which is 20 Fusing which is 1.1 Chaos which is 1.1 Regal which is 1.1 Blessing and so on and so fourth. You do seriously not see the MASSIVE jump the Divine Orb does from 1 Chaos? It's multiplied by a factor of 20, for fox ache. Something is obviously amiss.

I say it again; if the 2% movement speed should cost 20c (for the full 5%, on average, you would have to spend 100c, just to put it into perspective, 1ex for the 5%!) then let it cost 20c and NOT 1 Divine. No-one, bar some weird argument that Divine Orbs need to be sunk from the game through crafting any more than any other currency, especially Chaos Orbs, has been able to coherently explain why this mod needs to cost 20c and why it needs to be paid in Divine Orbs in the first place, and not Chaos.
Last edited by Vresiberba on Dec 16, 2017, 3:09:34 PM
"
Jerle wrote:
Sounds like ure just terrible at POE.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But then again I spell "you are" like a five-grader, and up.

"
Jerle wrote:
This is no handholding D3.

Yeah, heh, being a bit familiar with that particular game, Blizzard makes the same mistakes* as any other developer. That isn't called "hand-holding", that's called incompetence.

The thing is, that if we can help the developer make adjustments to the game for the greater good, that's supposed to be a good thing. 20c for 2% movement speed as a fixed, developer created mechanic is simply put; bad, there's just no other way to put it. You want this to trick players? You want this frankly menial mod to cost about a 2000% more than anything even remotely comparable? You do know that displaying the cost so that people understand it, using Chaos instead of Divine Orbs, does precisely nothing to your playing exper... oh, hang on, you speculate in Divine Orbs, aren't you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759506061#post-6
Last edited by Vresiberba on Dec 16, 2017, 3:46:30 PM
What if you would have gotten 5% on the first try?
Would it be worth 20c then?

And twice now you mention no one uses divine orbs,
I see them used all the time and use them myself for things.
Buying and Selling, on my items, etc.

Also, crafting corrupted items costs vaal orbs on vorici's table.

You messed up, move on already.
"
mds100 wrote:
What if you would have gotten 5% on the first try?
Would it be worth 20c then?

The laws of averages are what they are, they don't ever change so they have precisely zero impact of my argument.

The number of outcomes for every craft at getting movement speed on a belt is five and every try cost 20c. The law of averages dictate that every one of those five outcomes are equally as likely to occur and that leaves us with the maths of multiplying 20 with five, which is... *drumroll* 100. So 100c is the price for a 5% movement speed on a belt. Still feels fair? Well, it's not!

"
mds100 wrote:
And twice now you mention no one uses divine orbs,
I see them used all the time and use them myself for things.

Sure.

"
mds100 wrote:
Also, crafting corrupted items costs vaal orbs on vorici's table.

A Vaal Orb is 1.4c. A Divine Orb is 20c!

"
mds100 wrote:
You messed up, move on already.

Yes I did, and I did for the simple reason GGG set up this mechanic to fail.

"If there are no dogs, you can not step into dogshit."
- Nietzsche
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
Sounds like ure just terrible at POE.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But then again I spell "you are" like a five-grader, and up.

"
Jerle wrote:
This is no handholding D3.

Yeah, heh, being a bit familiar with that particular game, Blizzard makes the same mistakes* as any other developer. That isn't called "hand-holding", that's called incompetence.

The thing is, that if we can help the developer make adjustments to the game for the greater good, that's supposed to be a good thing. 20c for 2% movement speed as a fixed, developer created mechanic is simply put; bad, there's just no other way to put it. You want this to trick players? You want this frankly menial mod to cost about a 2000% more than anything even remotely comparable? You do know that displaying the cost so that people understand it, using Chaos instead of Divine Orbs, does precisely nothing to your playing exper... oh, hang on, you speculate in Divine Orbs, aren't you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759506061#post-6

It's pretty clear it costs a divine orb. You clicked craft without checking. GGG has no fault in this, I really have no idea how much more clear they could be. Take this as an expensive learning experience, something games have too little of today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info