Just blew 60c for 2% movement speed

"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Its not even that he cant read, because you have little "picture" of dicine near price. He is just plain blind (or just dumb)((or maybe both))

No, no it's, it's dumb. Especially "dumb". Yes! At least I can spell.

Yeah, and what good it did you!

Seriously, though, was that in Standard? If so, I'll give you some Chaos orbs to compensate your losses if it bothers you so much.
PM me.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Dec 16, 2017, 1:15:14 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
If you care about the prices of the orb, why did you look them up after you used them.

My... GOD, why is this so complicated. Because like I said, I ran out after just three clicks and I was wondering why. I have never, ever used a Divine Orb, not for trade, not for crafting. Ever. So I was curious and looked it up. Why does this even matter?

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
You couldn't care that much at the time if you saw an orb you never seen before without knowledge of it's value and decided to use it randomly.

The reason for that is so abundantly obvious I believe it's trolling at this point. 1), the mod in question is, literally, surrounded by 0.1-1.0 (Chaos) valued currency, 2) The most expensive single currency item being 1c across ALL crafting tables, 3) Logically, I did not expect 2% movement speed to have that insane cost attached to it and 4) No other mod even comes close to the cost of 20c for one single currency item, the more expensive mods and crafts are ALL valued using lower currency items such as Chaos, Fusing and Chromatic, there was precisely ZERO reason to believe 1 Divine would equal 20c.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
It's like saying you didn't realize that mirrors where worth 1 billion exalts

Which is EXACTLY my point; neither Mirrors, Exalts or Divines should be used in crafting recipes due to their worth. Everyone knows what a Chaos or an Alchemy is worth, they drop all the time and everyone is using them as currency, both for crafting as well as trading. There's no reason whatsoever to break the clearly established pattern of using perfectly reasonable and recognized currency in crafting recipes, if not just to prevent this exact thing from happening. If we can have 1500 Fusing's for a crafting recipe for a 6L, we can have a 20c crafting recipe for movement speed. No need to use exotic material people either have not even heard of or have ever used.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
Last edited by Vresiberba on Dec 16, 2017, 1:10:41 PM
"
Vresiberba wrote:
2) The most expensive single currency item being 1c across ALL crafting tables...

That's not correct. Elreon's "Can have multiple crafted mods" is 2 ex, Catarina's "Can't Roll Attack mods" is 1 ex, some mods are 1 regal (rarer than chaos, although not worth much more, 1.1 - 1.2 chaos). There are some more priced in the range of blessed, regal and divine orbs.

My offer stands.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Dec 16, 2017, 1:16:08 PM
"
sainthazard wrote:
This thread is just shaking your fist at the clouds because you stepped in a puddle.

Spoiler alert: it's raining. Wear boots if you're gonna go for a walk.

Know the value of the currency before you use it or you'll be broke before you can spit. That's just PoE 101.

Me foxing up does not in any way, shape or form excuse GGG to use Divine Orbs as crafting materials if it isn't needed. This mistake would never have happened if the crafting cost simply stated the actual cost in a more familiar manner. It doesn't HAVE to be 1 Divine, you know, if GGG thinks it should cost 20c to get 2% movement speed on a belt, then have it cost 20, damn C and leave out the exotic currency items from the crafting tables.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:
2) The most expensive single currency item being 1c across ALL crafting tables...

That's not correct.

Yes it is because I was referring to what my crafting tables are capable of crafting, explaining to the poster I was responding to the reason why I didn't react over a recipe using a Divine Orbs and at level 7, no crafting table has any recipe using Exalted Orbs.

There's also an intrinsic difference between Exalted and Divine Orbs, the former actually being used, talked about, drop more frequently and is used for trade all over. When was the last time you saw someone asking for 38.5 Divine Orbs for a Taryn's Shiver. If you know what a Chaos is, you know what an Exalt is. Divine Orbs? Whoosh...
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
sainthazard wrote:
This thread is just shaking your fist at the clouds because you stepped in a puddle.

Spoiler alert: it's raining. Wear boots if you're gonna go for a walk.

Know the value of the currency before you use it or you'll be broke before you can spit. That's just PoE 101.

Me foxing up does not in any way, shape or form excuse GGG to use Divine Orbs as crafting materials if it isn't needed. This mistake would never have happened if the crafting cost simply stated the actual cost in a more familiar manner. It doesn't HAVE to be 1 Divine, you know, if GGG thinks it should cost 20c to get 2% movement speed on a belt, then have it cost 20, damn C and leave out the exotic currency items from the crafting tables.

You do reallize that GGG does not state OMG divine is now 20c, please tread accordingly, but the community decides the prices, in abyss for example divinses are 5c, so 5% movement speed for 5c? WOW Such a good deal, I would take it anytime. And divines have to be somewhere, every currency has to have equal sinks for them, so they dont start stacking up and cluttering peoples inventories, everything has to have equal sinks and it has been balanced to make this recipe cost 1 divine, so start thinking of different concepts instead of the one your so adamant on implying.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
My offer stands.

You got mail.
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

That's not correct.

Yes it is because I was referring to what my crafting tables are capable of crafting...

Ah, you didn't specify this.

Anyway, if you didn't know what a divine orb was nor that it was worth 20c - then it probably didn't have any worth to you, did it?
And although I do not often hear "I want x divine orbs for item x" (actually never, since I don't buy, only sell) I know they're valuable... because that's the orb I have the fewest of.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
My offer stands.

You got mail.

Strangely, I have not (yet?). Anyway, sent you a PM detailing who to whisper to.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Eldubs wrote:
You do reallize that GGG does not state OMG divine is now 20c, please tread accordingly

Yes I do, if not for the simple reason that, well, they don't. But if it's broken, you fix it. 2% movement speed for 20c just isn't worth it, on any level. This evidently ruins it for players.

"
Eldubs wrote:
the community decides the prices, in abyss for example divinses are 5c, so 5% movement speed for 5c?

I'm perfectly aware of this and why I know how much a Divine is even worth is because I went to poe.trade which isn't a tool to convert your items but a trading tool devised by the community. But don't think for a second that GGG isn't closely monitoring trade and adjust their game mechanics and drop rates accordingly. Of course they do, and since they do, they should either 1) if they want 2% movement speed to cost 20c, make it actually cost 20c or 2) simply re-adjust the cost for what is obviously set way too high at this point in the game.

And a huge, massive thanks to Mikrotherion who decided to rectify the matter and gift me some very much needed Chaos Orbs. Thanks a lot, man, you rock. Seriously!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info