Deleted

"
Enjoying leveling this up. Haven't played since 2.6 and this build seems to be great for seeing all the new content without trying to find an OP build that will get nerfed as soon as league is over.

I currently have an Innsbury Edge that I'm using as I only have a 4L to use for my main Blade Flurry, Chance to Bleed, Maim, Melee Physical Damage. I was going to replace the Maim with Brutality to get a faux 5L with the swords ability but the tool tip drops from 615dps to 170dps because of the loss of chaos damage. I tried adding Faster Attacks instead of the Brutality and the Faster Attacks does not make a change to the tool tip DPS at all it seems.

Not sure if there is a better way to set this up while leveling. I prefer to just use uniques that fill in cheaply while leveling as they are quicker to assess and acquire. Curious what you think? Obviously I'm not playing this as SSF, I just liked the build setup and being able to finish all of the new (to me) content.

ichimonji, dreamfeather and grelwood are all good choices to start. Pure physical, high attack speed, decent DPS. I found the new grelwood extremely nice because its pDPS can go up to 300, which makes it a solid choice all the way up to high tier maps.
"
zz3613 wrote:

ichimonji, dreamfeather and grelwood are all good choices to start. Pure physical, high attack speed, decent DPS. I found the new grelwood extremely nice because its pDPS can go up to 300, which makes it a solid choice all the way up to high tier maps.

I was looking at lower level uniques for leveling. Quite likely I'll use Grelwood once I've reached lvl66 with this build and start working on crafting something for use once the Grelwood isn't suitable. Going to try using Fortify for a bit and see how that goes. Void Manipulation and Added Chaos Damage might be nice since the early levels have a lower chaos resistance.
First time I'm playing HC and I'm still in the leveling process (pray to god I'll survive Kitava) but seems that the defence of this build is very very solid.

Would be cool if you can add following infos to your guide:

1. What is best order for ascendencies to choose? Maybe different in SC and HC?

2. What is the preferred order of gems to be used before you are owning a 6l, which to use with 4l and 5l?

3. Any advice which notes should be in place before switching to BF? Currently I'm still leveling with Sunder.

Thanks for sharing this build, it's pretty cool.
Last edited by Prong007 on Dec 18, 2017, 3:19:21 AM
"
Prong007 wrote:
First time I'm playing HC and I'm still in the leveling process (pray to god I'll survive Kitava) but seems that the defence of this build is very very solid.

Would be cool if you can add following infos to your guide:

1. What is best order for ascendencies to choose? Maybe different in SC and HC?

2. What is the preferred order of gems to be used before you are owning a 6l, which to use with 4l and 5l?

3. Any advice which notes should be in place before switching to BF? Currently I'm still leveling with Sunder.

Thanks for sharing this build, it's pretty cool.

Great Advice! Thank you very much!
Enjoying this build so far in Abyss SSF HC. Was looking for a more defensive Gladiator and never played a melee build with a shield.

I'm a bit confused about the different gem setups?!

Which ones should I prefer while leveling/mapping? For what are the others?
"
sorcita wrote:
Enjoying this build so far in Abyss SSF HC. Was looking for a more defensive Gladiator and never played a melee build with a shield.

Reave is pretty good for mob clearing and leveling. If your goal is to reach 100 in hcssf, reave definitely gonna help because you'll mostly be running ~tier 10 and reave shots down the entire screen.

BF is good for boss fight and clearing high tier contents, also before getting a good weapon reave pretty much does no damage, so you have to use BF.

Reave/BF works like KB/Barrage, just the melee version, one for mobs and one for single target. They are both AOE/Melee and share exactly the same color so you can adjust the gems any time.
Last edited by zz3613 on Dec 18, 2017, 6:04:03 AM
"
zz3613 wrote:
"
sorcita wrote:

Reave is pretty good for mob clearing and leveling. If your goal is to reach 100 in hcssf, reave definitely gonna help because you'll mostly be running ~tier 10 and reave shots down the entire screen.

BF is good for boss fight and clearing high tier contents, also before getting a good weapon reave pretty much does no damage, so you have to use BF.

Reave/BF works like KB/Barrage, just the melee version, one for mobs and one for single target. They are both AOE/Melee and share exactly the same color so you can adjust the gems any time.

Thanks for your fast response.

I played a Reave/BF Gladiator in SC this league already. It's familar to me.

I mean the different gem setups for the same item slots.. So one is for BF and one is for Reave?! For example the CWDT/IC/ID/TS setup.. one is with IC autocast and one is with selfcast? And so on for the other setups.
"
sorcita wrote:
"
zz3613 wrote:
"
sorcita wrote:

Thanks for your fast response.

I played a Reave/BF Gladiator in SC this league already. It's familar to me.

I mean the different gem setups for the same item slots.. So one is for BF and one is for Reave?! For example the CWDT/IC/ID/TS setup.. one is with IC autocast and one is with selfcast? And so on for the other setups.

I pretty much never change my gem set up other than reave/bf on chest armor.

The blood rage-immortal call-soul of Arachnoxia combo gives too much regen+recovery. My character only has 450 regen, but as long as my immortal call triggers I can tank 1500/s DoTs with sulphur flask without losing any HP for 4s. With CwDT you have crazy regen whenever hit.
I think you don't understand me correctly.

In your Path of Building you have a lot of gem setups which is confusing... That is what I mean.
"
sorcita wrote:
I think you don't understand me correctly.

In your Path of Building you have a lot of gem setups which is confusing... That is what I mean.

I see the problem. It contains the links I ran on another account to farm HoGM, hence the scorching ray.

Before I have it fixed please look at the profile, all the links are there and I don't change them often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info