What I know on how to manage elder & shaper presence (updated 12/14/17)

Hello. I currently have a Tier 4 Gorge Map that is "Occupied by The Elder". I have run the Gorge map twice, but only the normal map boss appears. What am I missing? If there some other action required to spawn the Elder?

Thanks in advance for the help!
"
I don't quite understand the choke points, could you please explain further?

Same. Dont understand this part. Probably why I have trouble controlling the Atlas. I keep taking down shaper maps adjacent to elder, but at the same instance shaper takes back maps somewhere else. And im getting nowhere - status quo.
I read them all and still dont understand why my elder proggression is lost when i try to expand the elder influenced area? When i try to expand it with a map that influenced by shaper right next to tentacled area , shaper takes over the entire adjacent ones, idk what i'm doing wrong
Last edited by Freyr_SWH on Dec 24, 2017, 6:14:53 AM
"
Meridin wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:
Can I run an regular map on an occupied guardian/elder shaped map?

yes you can trigger the boss, but it will not complete the map. The tier must be exactly the same..if that's an issue. You can unshape it

How does this work, will the guardian be still be there after and we can fight him over and over?

The guardian will still be activated, but it will not give u a completion or drop any loot. Because if you run a regular map on a shape map of the name name..it will not count.
"
mookiiee wrote:
Hello. I currently have a Tier 4 Gorge Map that is "Occupied by The Elder". I have run the Gorge map twice, but only the normal map boss appears. What am I missing? If there some other action required to spawn the Elder?

Thanks in advance for the help!

To activate the elder, you must defeat his guardians around his area of influence.
"
You can lose SIGNIFICANT progression if you decide to run a shaper/elder map with no extra pathways. GGG cleverly design the atlas to encourage expansion elder presence (which is better). Pay attention the MANY chokepoints in the atlas, it's at risk for switching sides if has an influence nearby. plan your fights carefully if you are shaping/tailoring the atlas.

Can someone please explain this ? I keep losing progress while i'm trying to expand my elder area it might be the solution but i dont get it
Shaper and Elder fight for maps, sometimes shaper lose some maps, sometimes elder lose some maps, all without our interaction. but if shaper win a map that is the only "bridge" between 2 areas of the elder influence , elder will lose all the area that is "disconnected".

so for example, you have all the red maps near chimera with elder. elder win a bog map and you do the primordial pool, exists the small probablity than the shaper win bog again and you will lose in consecuence bog and primordial pool because is not conected anymore with a elder influence area. if bog is still a elder map and you do for example summit , core and plaza map and the shaper win bog in that moment. you will lose all the progress since primordial pool(it means bog, primordial pool, summit, core and plaza will be no elder influence map). is a good idea to do for example waste pool under shaper influence to have a "backup" for bog map and don't risk the connection

sorry for my bad english hope you can understand guys

My atlas looks like this right now.

https://imgur.com/a/npgRb

I'm not really sure what to do if i want to grow it to red.
Is it better to take a shaped cloud that's not connected to the elder?
Sometimes it seem to grow red map even if far away.

Got mine rested a couple of times already, sucks when maps is expensive :P

Oh, and do anyone know if the words Shaper says have any meaning?
Like, "you don't belong here".
Is that an indication that he might reset it?

*Hmm, looking at it now.
Could it be that i need to do the map Vaal temple?
Last edited by _Challe_ on Jan 1, 2018, 12:07:35 AM
Not easy to understand what to do. Here is a progression that I did, and I lose a complete portion of elder zone...
https://imgur.com/a/ntu3u

what was my error in step 2 ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Jan 2, 2018, 8:28:42 AM
"
Not easy to understand what to do. Here is a progression that I did, and I lose a complete portion of elder zone...
https://imgur.com/a/ntu3u

what was my error in step 2 ?

elder lose the control of sulphur vents, and how it was the only map that connect your elder influenced zone with the other maps, you lose all of them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info